Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suits - USA Network *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,834 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

What an ending.

Can't believe we're at the mid-season break already.

Gonna be feel like an even longer wait till 2018!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I reckon it's a tease and nothing is going to happen. Just like the handholding a few years ago. Donna was a better character than a lovesick puppy.

I'm not impressed at all. I think the dialogue is diabolical. The witty banter is too scarce and I've said it before but the dramatic music drives me nuts. The other half said last night that he thinks it's time to ditch it and I think he's right. I am not keen on dumping harvey :pac: but everything else is too bad.

They should bring him into the spin off with Jessica :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,680 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

How about that ending?

If they row back on it now again then I'll probably give up... maybe :p

But the therapist one he's with just doesn't work IMO.. there's no chemistry there at all.

Either that or Louis and Donna need to get together. That could kinda work!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Patrick J. Adams and co-star Meghan Markle are set to depart the show
    at the end of Season 7

TvLine

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Patrick J. Adams and co-star Meghan Markle are set to depart the show
    at the end of Season 7

TvLine
    The latter makes total sense, but the former is (IMHO) a contract renegotiation ploy. I wouldn't be unhappy to see both go though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

They probably need to get rid of them for the show to survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,116 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I did think Harry's bird would be leaving soon but Adams is a producer too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,320 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

They're so bad at developing new characters that if Adams and Markle do bolt you'd hope they'd do the smart thing and end it as a show with just Harvey, Louis and Donna would be diabolical. It's just gone on too long now to bring in new main characters.

Of course they won't though and they'll drive it into the ground.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

That's not a bad decision. Tbh their storylines with the two characters last season were pure nonsense.

I hope they do a whole back to basics reshuffle

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »

Louis should take Harry for a mud bath :P

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Meghan leaving
    obviously isn't a surprise; I am slightly more surprised that
    Patrick is leaving as well
    , although I do think it is a positive step for the show.

Hopefully they bring in some fresh blood to liven things up.

Alternatively, I'd love if they could find a way to bring Daniel Hardman back.

Mr E wrote: »
    Hopefully they bring in some fresh blood to liven things up.

Alternatively, I'd love if they could find a way to bring Daniel Hardman back.
    They've moved the guy who plays Alex to a series regular and have promised
    a new and formidable baddy
    next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

uughh so invested in it, I'll continue to watch it but cant see how it will continue without whineyhole.

Mc Love wrote: »
    uughh so invested in it, I'll continue to watch it but cant see how it will continue without whineyhole.
    That's the thing though - the main problems with this show have been 1)
    Mike
    whines constantly and is just generally annoying; 2) The writers had no clue how to write their way out of Mike's whole fraud and jail thing.

IMO this could really solve both problems and allow the show to do a soft reboot. If we could just get Jessica and Hardman back now...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,680 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Hmm I dunno... I'd agree with a lot of the comments on that article. Whining aside, a lot of the appeal was Mike's relationship with Harvey and the banter and jokes between them. Remember also that the whole premise has been about his "journey"

Without that I'm not sure what's left.. more "hilarious" Louis antics, Donna being pushed into scenarios that don't fit her character, and ehhh....??

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Hmm I dunno... I'd agree with a lot of the comments on that article. Whining aside, a lot of the appeal was Mike's relationship with Harvey and the banter and jokes between them. Remember also that the whole premise has been about his "journey"

Without that I'm not sure what's left.. more "hilarious" Louis antics, Donna being pushed into scenarios that don't fit her character, and ehhh....??
    That's why I'm hoping for a soft-reboot. Louis and Harvey get along now, so let's end that feud - it was funny for a while and then it became bullying and I'm glad it's hopefully resolved and put to bed.

Donna needs a major re-steer: she's either end-game for Harvey or she's not, writers need to pick a direction and stick with it. I'm not saying they need to jump ahead, but as a character she has been all over the place (like they're not sure what to do with her) for at least 2 seasons.

I expect Alex to take over a lot of that banter with Harvey in the next season, but we'll have to see how the back end of this season goes before I give a firm guesstimate on this. We could see a lot of new associates as minor characters which wouldn't necessarily be bad... but I'm expecting a Harvey/Alex buddy up once
    Mike is gone

I'm also using spoiler tags because technically that character's fate has not yet occurred yet in this season - mods, if we're free to discuss openly can you just clarify?

• Advertisement

I'd say keep using spoilers, FS. Those living under a rock may not have heard the news. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

They had a great chance to reboot when Mike was off to prison, let him go and have Rachel go off to work with her father then have Harvey take a new role as Jessica while Alex and Louis take over the main roles with maybe a new junior characters coming in to learn.

I've watched all the episodes at this stage but I don't know if I could be bothered watching it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,320 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The problem with Mike is that he has this amazing photographic memory gift that they have more or less written out of the show or he never uses and that his secret is no longer in play so now he literally has no usp and is just a bland, whiney, generic male.

The next season really nerds a serious reboot of some sort.

More Robert Zane please!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

cant believe its been almost 8 yrs, to be fair the should done end game around s5-6 harvey and donna drama should been sorted way sooner, think every director should know when to break it, for me it was the whole triple firm name change that became a bit of a joke and started derail.None the less good watch from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Love suits but I fu**ing hate Heigl.
    I don't know why or how I just can't stand her in anything.
    Rant over. :)
    Still looking forward to the next series though, will be interesting to see where they go with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

sham69 wrote: »
    Love suits but I fu**ing hate Heigl.
    I don't know why or how I just can't stand her in anything.
    Rant over. :)
    Still looking forward to the next series though, will be interesting to see where they go with it.

Same!

I think I've allowed rumours about her being difficult to cloud my judgement of her roles. And it's the reverse with Meghan markle, I i dont seem to like her cause of my feelings towards the character she plays in suits :pac: as much as I try to tell myself they're not the Same!

She gets a lot of bad press because she pissed off the almighty Shonda Rhimes and (as a direct result or not) hasn't received any good roles since, but she can be a good actor and might be a good addition to the show. I kind of hope she's the new big bad they're talking about.

scamalert wrote: »
    cant believe its been almost 8 yrs, to be fair the should done end game around s5-6 harvey and donna drama should been sorted way sooner, think every director should know when to break it, for me it was the whole triple firm name change that became a bit of a joke and started derail.None the less good watch from the start.
    Well that's really up to the network and the producers really; not even the showrunner (unless they are the producer) or the director gets a lot of say in that decision... and in this case, the producers see this show going on for a long time with revolving characters - whether the network agrees with that or not, we'll see after season 8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Vanity Fair has a piece on why Heigl's casting is controversial:
    Her casting comes a little less than 10 years after Heigl—the only Grey’s series regular who has ever won an Emmy for acting on the show—found herself at the center of a media firestorm after she gently critiqued the film Knocked Up, in which she had just starred. “It was a little sexist,” Heigl told Vanity Fair in a cover story. “It paints the women as shrews, as humorless and uptight, and it paints the men as lovable, goofy, fun-loving guys . . . Ninety-eight percent of the time it was an amazing experience, but it was hard for me to love the movie.” Her words catalyzed a controversy that soon subsumed Heigl’s reputation in Hollywood—and was exacerbated a few months later, when Heigl withdrew from the Emmys race because, as she said in a statement, “I did not feel that I was given the material this season to warrant an Emmy nomination and in an effort to maintain the integrity of the academy organization, I withdrew my name from contention. In addition, I did not want to potentially take away an opportunity from an actress who was given such materials.”

Soon, Heigl was being labeled as an actress who was “difficult” to work with—a classification that has faced increasing scrutiny in the past few years, as women have been emboldened to describe in more detail the discrimination they’ve faced while working in the entertainment industry.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Advertisement