Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suits - USA Network *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Tabnabs wrote: »
    That time Harvey called to Donna's poky little NY flat? Yeah, not the style someone with $500k cash knocking about would live in. It makes Mike's and Rachael's place look like a palace... ;)

Zero Boardroom experience, tick.
    Secretary's salary, tick.
    No ability to bring high end clients to the firm, tick.

At this stage we're just seeing the writers coasting along until the series is cancelled.

How do you mean? If she earns good money and doesn't spend loads of it on rent/mortgage that's exactly how she could have 500k.

She has no clout with serious clients, that's for sure, but she's been wanting to make something more of herself for several years so it's not out of character and not even the least plausible storyline she's had this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I'm still surprised 'The Donna' hasn't become Harvey's secretary, so that Donna can be free to do other stuff including being in a relationship with Harvey.
    I always assumed that was where it was going to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    I'm still surprised 'The Donna' hasn't become Harvey's secretary, so that Donna can be free to do other stuff including being in a relationship with Harvey.
    I always assumed that was where it was going to go.

Yeah, think the writers eventually realised how awful that storyline was, so much so I don't think we'll see the IT guy ever again as it only serves as a reminder, and hope we'll all forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,714 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

How do you mean? If she earns good money and doesn't spend loads of it on rent/mortgage that's exactly how she could have 500k.

She has no clout with serious clients, that's for sure, but she's been wanting to make something more of herself for several years so it's not out of character and not even the least plausible storyline she's had this year!

Nothing wrong or unbelievable about her wanting to be "officially" more than Harvey's secretary at all. As she said, she'd been effectively managing the day-to-day operations in the office for years, so sure.. formalise that - give her a title and the responsibility.. but (senior) partner?

That's a ridiculous stretch for someone with no formal experience, no industry clout, or ability to bring in high-end business.

I like Donna a lot, but I'd agree with the sentiment earlier that it seems they're trying to turn her into the new Jessica now, and it's just not plausible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,523 ✭✭✭squonk

I’m not sure I care anymore one way or the other. I think what’s happening here is a slow coast to cancellation. I think the writing was on the wall when Gina Torres left. I suspect were into that phase where a major character leave a show, The writers scrabble And pulled together something workable which lasts for a season or maybe two Before the powers that be call time. I’m also beginning to wonder About Rachel’s long-term future in the show. It might only be a matter of time before she wants to move on as well for personal or professional reasons. I’m sure she’s bound to get plenty of offers now based on her acting ability and her royal connections. Personally I think the show has jumped the shark at this stage by bringing Mike back as a full llawyer. I too can’t remember how that happened for some reason. I’m not sure I care too much. I don’t think it matters too much in the greater run of things.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

They used to have a few tiers of characters with Jessica at the top, Harvey & Lewis below her with a few more trying to get between them and then the rest of the cast, now they've no-one at the top and haven't bothered putting someone in, at this stage it would have been so much better to have had Hardman take over or even a merger with another firm. All the writers have to do now is have an out of town court case and they have nearly every cliche covered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Clareman wrote: »
    They used to have a few tiers of characters with Jessica at the top, Harvey & Lewis below her with a few more trying to get between them and then the rest of the cast, now they've no-one at the top and haven't bothered putting someone in, at this stage it would have been so much better to have had Hardman take over or even a merger with another firm. All the writers have to do now is have an out of town court case and they have nearly every cliche covered.
    Rachael's dad would have been perfect as the senior partner or a merger and freshin the cast up! Don't like the Donna angle at all

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Rachael's dad would have been perfect as the senior partner or a merger and freshin the cast up! Don't like the Donna angle at all

It was Rachel father's merger I was thinking about.

Looking at the law firm now, you have Harvey - top dealing lawyer in NYC, Lewis - Money mad no personality douche, Donna - secretary, Mike - convicted felon just after passing the bar with no qualifications and Rachel - newly qualified lawyer with some paralegal experience. Along with them you have a load of new associates cause all the old ones left, we shouldn't be wondering about how Donna got the half a million, we should be wondering how anyone could be stupid enough to hire them, I don't think I'd get a firm like that to process a mortgage application for me.

They have redeemed themselves a bit with the whole partner thing and Donna not becoming a partner and her knowing she wouldn't be, she knew cause she's Donna :) Bringing in a new partner is a good move, I forgot about Lewis' little helped (whatever her name is). the 1 thing that was annoying was the fake German accent on the councilor.

Good episode, and proof the suits writers read boards.ie :pac:

It's as if they read the comments on last week's show and reshot the series taking it in a different direction. Basically, I think they were trolling us last week :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

Good episode but I don't get how someone junior/unqualified could expect to be made a senior partner overnight without serving their time as a junior partner first. Even Katrina said that she was on the senior partner trail and I don't think that she is even a junior partner yet.

ElNino wrote: »
    Good episode but I don't get how someone junior/unqualified could expect to be made a senior partner overnight without serving their time as a junior partner first. Even Katrina said that she was on the senior partner trail and I don't think that she is even a junior partner yet.

If you don't ask you don't get :pac::p

But The Donna was one step ahead of the smartest lawyer in NY. She asked for the stars and got the moon.

Hell, even the $500k cheque may have been just a piece of paper. I could give each and everyone on boards a $500k cheque. Wouldn't mean anything.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Does anyone remember how Mike passed the good and proper persons requirement for being a lawyer?

Or find it ridiculous how hurt he acts that people keep bringing up the fact that he's a fraud?

Does anyone remember how Mike passed the good and proper persons requirement for being a lawyer?

Or find it ridiculous how hurt he acts that people keep bringing up the fact that he's a fraud?

In one word. Blackmail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

pegasus1 wrote: »
    People... just been announced Suits season 7..premiere on Netflix UK today!!!
    :):):):)

Is it just me, or has Season 7 disappeared again already from Netflix? It was definitely there last week, with air dates and everything, but can't find it this evening :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

cython wrote: »
    Is it just me, or has Season 7 disappeared again already from Netflix? It was definitely there last week, with air dates and everything, but can't find it this evening :confused:

Yep it's gone completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Yep just noticed that here too. Episode 1 is in my viewing history, clicking on that brings me to the over view page.

Hope Seasons n 7 wasn’t an error on Netflix’s part. I have up to season 6 now. I watched S07E02 last night. Thought it was too good to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

It's still there for the UK but has been removed from Ireland. Pox

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭princess3901

So have been following suits, went onto Netflix last night and suits season 7 episode 1 and 2 were there. Went to watch said 2 episodes a little while ago and they are no longer there. Anyone any idea why Netflix removed these 2 episodes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Suprise, Suprise.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

This week's episode is more like It! I'm glad they've reconsidered the
    whole donna/senior partner
    thing. Hopefully it will all settle down a bit now!

Loved Luis and his whole...Tara is history now I've more important things on my mind! :D

For the first time in a long time I'm hopeful of a better Suits going forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

It's gone off mine too even tho it sent an alert and told me a new episode was added.

I hope this is an error of some sort. Netflix have been tweeting all all along that season 7 is available in UK-IE. Honestly if they show 2 eps then pull, I’d cancel my subscription. It just shows them as being unreliable. This is leaving me with a bad taste in my mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

squonk wrote: »
    I hope this is an error of some sort. Netflix have been tweeting all all along that season 7 is available in UK-IE. Honestly if they show 2 eps then pull, I’d cancel my subscription. It just shows them as being unreliable. This is leaving me with a bad taste in my mouth.

I rang customer service. They insisted season 7 wasn't available in Ireland and they only had up to season 6 available according to their system. I explained that it has been there and now wasn't and he reckoned my ip address had been mistaken as UK and then corrected. I said well in that case everyone else in Ireland had the same mistake. Best he could and would do was send me an email with a link to suggest season 7 be added. Frustrating.

It’s crap like this that makes us keep well in with our US Cousins :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Sparko

Sat down to watch episode 2 of season 7 this afternoon, pretty annoyed now!

If it's still on the UK Netflix - and I'm just speculating here, but I know Dave dropped it in the UK, but RTE seem to have the Irish rights (showing s5 at the moment). So I wonder could RTE be the problem, as they have the rights to show it first maybe? Just guessing here.

I didn't realise Netflix differed between Ireland and UK, always thought we had the same content.

This is why international licensing deals need to change. It’s stupid that a show available in Newry is not 70 miles away in Dublin. Sadly it’s themselves they’re fooling as I don’t think anyone who wants to watch episode 3 next Thursday will have trouble doing so if they feel so inclined. Boo Netflix, boo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

Just sat down to watch Ep2 as well. Bloody annoying

As for RTÉ. If they're the rights holders in Ireland as suggested, seasons 5 and 6 shouldn't be on Netflix either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Is this a new thing that Suits is up to date on Netflix? I never remember Netflix being up to date with it. If you wanted to be up to date you either watched it online or waited for it to come on Dave?

Advertisement