Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suits - USA Network *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,117 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

They're really trying hard to get Chicago to be the centre of the universe, there's Fire, Med and Law (1 of those might be cancelled), there was Boss (great show) and another 1 about cops and an alderman that I can't remember the name of and now a legal show.

Clareman wrote: »
    They're really trying hard to get Chicago to be the centre of the universe, there's Fire, Med and Law (1 of those might be cancelled), there was Boss (great show) and another 1 about cops and an alderman that I can't remember the name of and now a legal show.

Chicago Justice (from Dick Wolf) got cancelled

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Chicago Justice (from Dick Wolf) got cancelled

That's the 1, I liked that show, I really enjoyed Boss when it was on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Clareman wrote: »
    That's the 1, I liked that show, I really enjoyed Boss when it was on

Boss was great. Showed what a fantastic actor Kelsey Grammer is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I've just turned the new ep off half way through. What a bunch of drivel!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I've just turned the new ep off half way through. What a bunch of drivel!

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭boosabum

Has anyone being watching the latest episodes, thought it would be of more interest to the viewing public now that one of the main characters is main stream new. Anyway (spoiler alert) Mike & Rachel got married. Big turnout at the wedding but didn't notice her mother or father there :)
    I guess season 8 is in the pipeline, hopefully it can return to the fast paced, cut throat scenarios of the first few seasons and dispense with the will they won't they arcs which are getting dragged out at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭robwen

boosabum wrote: »
    Has anyone being watching the latest episodes, thought it would be of more interest to the viewing public now that one of the main characters is main stream new. Anyway (spoiler alert) Mike & Rachel got married. Big turnout at the wedding but didn't notice her mother or father there :)
    I guess season 8 is in the pipeline, hopefully it can return to the fast paced, cut throat scenarios of the first few seasons and dispense with the will they won't they arcs which are getting dragged out at this stage.

Pretty sure I saw her parents there.

Season 8 is back this July with Katherine Heigl a new main cast member

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

id say along the lines of season 5 they lost the plot and it all went to gutter, every shows should have proper ending, at some stage, once mike was locked up it should been the turn where he would quit law or just do voluntary and wrapping story between harvey and dona, which seem last season was beating round the bush.
    It was great show but eventually think theres point where popularity takes over to press on making new seasons for sake of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I think the finale seemed VERY thrown together last minute. A stronger season than the last couple, so I'm hopeful for the next season without Mike... I think it is time to see them move on. I'm also positive the show is stronger with Jessica - rather than doing a spin-off show, they should have Jessica back in the main show.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Jessica was so under-used when she was in the show but I also don't know about a spin-off. Spin-offs are generally best when the show is still good, but Suits has been treading wate a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,680 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Jessica was so under-used when she was in the show but I also don't know about a spin-off. Spin-offs are generally best when the show is still good, but Suits has been treading wate a while.

Not a big fan of Jessica to be honest.

That finale was not great. I'd go so far as to call it a bit of a mess really.

First there's Jessica's story which felt like more of an intro to her spinoff series (as was the intent I'm sure) and that whole "here in Chicago" inferiority complex nonsense was irritating. It actually did feel like a different show jammed into an existing one and not a very good one.

Then there was the main plot which seemed very thrown together, convoluted, and more full of convenient twists and resolutions than usual in order to set up the new firm for the new season and wrap up the exit of Mike and Rachel - which also felt rushed and tacked on.

The show is definitely past its prime.

She gets a lot of bad press because she pissed off the almighty Shonda Rhimes and (as a direct result or not) hasn't received any good roles since, but she can be a good actor and might be a good addition to the show. I kind of hope she's the new big bad they're talking about.

I watched Heigl as a lawyer on Doubt and she was not good in that role

Will Lewis and Queen Lizzy be sharing a mud bath tomorrow :p is the cast coming to the big wedding

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Will Lewis and Queen Lizzy be sharing a mud bath tomorrow :p is the cast coming to the big wedding

Harvey, Jessica, Donna and Scotty spotted at the doo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Liamalone wrote: »

Louis and Mike were there too

Liamalone wrote: »

Mike and Lewis too

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭bipedalhumanoid

When is RTE going to air this season? Do I have to drive to Newry and watch it on my phone?

• Advertisement

I think they're only showing season 6 at the moment, but season 7 is on Netflix.

I think they're only showing season 6 at the moment, but season 7 is on Netflix.

Season 7 is not on Netflix in Ireland because RTE bought the rights and so far has failed to show it... hence the reference to RTE in my post.

I watched a couple of season 7 episodes when I was in the UK last year, but it is not available in Ireland or Australia.

The front half of season 7 was on Irish Netflix +7 days (I watched it on there). I watched the second half of the season in the US.
    I did just check and it looks as though the whole of season 7 is now down from Netflix in Ireland.

RTÉ operates a maximum tx window of 18 months, which is usually negotiated way down (I'd imagine 12 months maximum on what RTÉ pays for the Irish licence), so it should be back on Netflix before the end of the year.

Either way, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for RTÉ to air it.

FYI Netflix Ireland/UK is exactly the same - it's just that certain shows are geoblocked specifically in Ireland... do with that information what you will.

Yeah, it was up for a few days in error back in July. RTE have used our TV licence money to buy the rights and haven't even bothered to air it. **** I hate RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Will Wendell Pierce be a more regular cast member now he's named partner. I could get behind that he's brilliant.

Season 7 is on new channel Paramount on Sky 159

Bumpy bump. Suits Season 8 starts tomorrow in the States.

I see Dulé Hill of Psych has also joined, he was a lawyer with Heigl too in Doubt

Still have to watch the last 2 episodes of season 7 before I can watch the new one.

I think this show has really gone off the boil for boardsies, eh? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,680 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Mr E wrote: »
    Still have to watch the last 2 episodes of season 7 before I can watch the new one.

I think this show has really gone off the boil for boardsies, eh? :o

I haven't watched the new season opener yet but the fact that I would usually have done so on the night of release (yesterday) answers that for me

I'll watch it later probably but the show already started to dip noticeably when they split Mike and Harvey up and now that the former is gone (Rachel is no real loss IMO) I'm not sure how they'll try to fill the gap.

Advertisement