Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suits - USA Network *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Nothing actually happened. As a season opener, it was disappointing. People went places, talked to other people but no real conflict or tension. Where have the court cases gone? What is the point of this show? Donna's fab outfits are just about holding my interest otherwise I'll probably bin it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,834 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Already hating Katherine Heigl's character. She looks plastic she's had that much surgery

• Registered Users Posts: 11,317 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Such a boring opener.

People just cursing and goddamning at every moment and arguing for the sake of arguing throughout the episode.

Donna is in every second scene moving the 'story' along with awfully convenient contrivances and a god complex, Catriona is an absolutely awful character and Louis has just become a caricature at this point. And don't get me started on Katherine Heigl in the female overaggressive mirror image of Harvey. ..

This used to be a legal drama but jesus you wouldn't think it anymore...

Will give be it a few episodes to see if it improves but this screams middle of the road so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,112 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

When is RTE going to air this season? Do I have to drive to Newry and watch it on my phone?

Tuesday 24th July 2018, 11.30pm RTE 2, Season 7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

That's utterly ridiculous. Season 8 has started and they are only showing Season 7 now. And at 11.30pm on a Tuesday?

That's your license fee hard at work there folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

ibFoxer wrote: »
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »

That's utterly ridiculous. Season 8 has started and they are only showing Season 7 now. And at 11.30pm on a Tuesday?

That's your license fee hard at work there folks.

I'd be a lot more upset if they were spending my licence fee on keeping up with this rubbish.

This show went to sh1te about 4 seasons ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭bipedalhumanoid

I'd be a lot more upset if they were spending my licence fee on keeping up with this rubbish.

This show went to sh1te about 4 seasons ago.

Yeah, it kinda did.

But it doesn't escape the fact that our TV licence money actively prevented us from being able to see this season.

We literally paid money to lose the ability to see it over a year ago streamed on demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,468 ✭✭✭squonk

Finally watched that opener. All sound and fury signifying nothing, as they say. If I was writing a Suits parody, I reckon I’d have come up with something like that. The show really is a parody of what it used to be now. I never thought I’d say it but Mike is a big loss. He grounded the show. Maybe Brian will be that new grounding character but we’ll see. I see Catriona has been assimilated by the Borg also. They seem to have rewritten her character. Even Lois looks like a parody of his character now. Not impressed or hopeful for this new direction I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

They've gotten so desperate this week that they're fondly reminiscing about Mike and Rachael. lol

Jaysus this thread is like a ghost town compared to previous season.

Thought this week and last week are steadily improving but am noticing it's almost becoming procedural where each episode is almost an entirely contained episode with very little in terms of 'ongoing story' outside of it being (essentially) a new firm and the who's name is next on the wall malarkey. Gone are the meaty ongoing stories it seems.

It's certainly improving though. My one serious issue with the programme is that there's almost a 'god damn' in every second scene. I'm not sure if it's an injoke but it's just constant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

The show just seems to go:-

1. Dramatic event
    2. Threaten colleagues in an effort to resolve dramatic event
    3. Loss of rich client ensues
    4. Move to threaten any member of the legal business and perhaps throw in some banking people
    4. Place goes to sh*t because no one can resolve it.
    5. Donna swishes in in a pretty dress, raises an eyebrow and saves the day.

In the meantime some moral non issue gets battered out between the lowlies in the firm and the words 'senior partner ' and 'name on the wall' get thrown around until they are meaningless.

It lost its soul seasons ago and no amount of dramatic music will bring it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

It's gone the way of HIMYM now - bloody pointless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

The last episode was terrible. And the closing scene...FFS :rolleyes:

The last episode was terrible. And the closing scene...FFS :rolleyes:

Yeah it was totally out of keeping with so many things.

If the network is judging on quality, it won't make it past season 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

" Im saving this god damn firm" queue dramatic walk off.
    "This is my firm" queue dramatic walk off
    "Because I'm donna and I'm the best" queue dramatic walk off

Rinse, repeat. I called it a day after the last season, its crying out to be cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,680 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just caught up... that whole Lewis "I don't want anyone to know I got mugged" and PTSD story-line was way over the top, yer man Alex is an annoying child who they seem to be trying to turn into the new Mike, Zane is an ass, and all the forced swearing "coz we can!" is just irritating. Not to mention the constant whining about who's name goes on the wall next, and yea.. that final scene.......

But I suppose we did get an actual court scene this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

As soon as I saw Katherine Heigl involved I decided to give it a miss. Maybe I am missing the best tv drama in decades but I think not. No loss. Needs to be cancelled now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

just caught up with first 3 episodes of new season, and its scream to put it out of its misery. the whole whos going name partner managing partner its like paradox, and whole each going against anothers backs its just so boring.I imagine they will do more cases but the usual drill oh no this is bad, then someone digs and suffles out win win solution is a bit dated now for this show to continue on same path, plus soap opera moments bring nothing new really to the show, it was good for quite few seasons, but with mike cleared that should been probably closing date.

It's at a point now where even the music they use to segway between scenes is irritating.

Too much repeated BS about the running of the firm and Luis's feelings and not enough interesting legal cases being explored.

The drama about the running of the firm is extremely tedious too.

The hook in this show was that you had a Lawyer practicing illegally and people conspiring to keep the secret. The decision to end that storyline is akin to having Angela and Tony in Who's the Boss get together and live happily ever after in the middle of the series, or Raymond Reddington getting to the end of his Blacklist in the middle of the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I watched the first 4 episodes of the new season over the weekend and expected to hate them, but didn't. Yeah I prefer the first 3 or 4 seasons, but it's still very watchable.

Script needs work though. You can't just throw in "the hell" when you run out of your network quota of "the f**k". And using it twice in the same sentence is weak...

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Script needs work though. You can't just throw in "the hell" when you run out of your network quota of "the f**k". And using it twice in the same sentence is weak...

Or using "goddamn" every 15th word!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I've given up watching; never picked it up again properly after the huge break in middle of last season. Not sure I'm even bothered finishing that to see how they explain Mike and the new princesses exit.
    The forces "swearing" (gotta hit those quotas to stay edge), and lack of anybody I remotely care about has just gotten too much.
    Plus, Mike just keeps confirming that he's actually a conman who doesn't give a **** about anybody, while the show seems to think he's somehow redeeming himself.
    Maybe that's dealt with before he leaves, and he's chased out for being a c*nt he is, but I doubt it.
    {yeh, I know, apparently I do care more than I thought}

Oh, I also can't stand papa Zane; never have, but especially since seeing him in Unsolved doing exact same schtick (just as badly) so that's just one more reason for me to stay away.

That mudding storyline was eye-rollingly bad.

This week's episode was pure cringe.

The only interesting storyline is the case that Mike isn't even allowed to work on and that barely gets a mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

This whole Lewis/Sheila storyline is getting too much.

After the shite last week, this week was a return to form. Good episode.

Mr E wrote: »
    After the shite last week, this week was a return to form. Good episode.

Ah, so there was one. Missed it. Didn't record :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Barring the mudding storyline, I think this season (including Katherine Heigl) has been slowly finding its new feet and improving.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Jees they've turned Donna into one annoying sap

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Is there anyone not annoying in this show anymore?

Advertisement