Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suits - USA Network *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I'm a big bad mutha f*cker and I'm here to drink your milk shake - what the actual feck??? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I'm a big bad mutha f*cker and I'm here to drink your milk shake - what the actual feck??? :pac:

The best part of that episode...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

So 7 episodes in and we have
    Harvey searching for family and getting over Mike leaving.
    Donna justifying her promotion from PA to COO looking for a new BFF now that Rachel is gone.
    Louis the solicitor who tells everyone everything, no confidentiality with him.
    Robert being the poor down trodden black man.
    Samantha being the outsider with an unknown backstory.
    Alex the poor lad looking for promotion
    Then there's the other 2 who's name I can't remember looking to start an affair/find themselves/whatever

Did I miss anything???

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ah it's just limping along now. Still watchable though.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

I'm three episodes behind on this now and cant decide if I should watch them and catch up or if I should just delete them and give up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,319 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The cursing this season seems way OTT. It's like the writers were desperately looking for any way to make a scene more dramatic.

It's as if their curse word quota is a target more than a limit.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Mr E wrote: »
    Ah it's just limping along now. Still watchable though.

Only watchable in a morbid curiosity kind of way, like something you come across on live-leak and know it won't end well. It's dying a slow and very painful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Nuts102

It's a show about lawyers and it must be 2 or 3 season's since they were in a courtroom.

No wonder Harvey doesn't lose he never goes to court.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

This show has been garbage for a long time, not just this last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Nuts102 wrote: »
    It's a show about lawyers and it must be 2 or 3 season's since they were in a courtroom.

No wonder Harvey doesn't lose he never goes to court.
    They've been in a courtroom in almost every episode this season :confused:

IIRC the vineyard episode is the only one so far that hasn't had a scene in court. Besides, I think those courtroom scenes are the weakest parts of the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

They do have depositions though!

The end of that last episode was absolutely farcical.

Finally the firm seem to have a challenge that will really take them all to task....

Nevermind, he died in absolutely ridiculous circumstances. Next episode please.

That could have been a great story arc over this series.

The end of that last episode was absolutely farcical.

Finally the firm seem to have a challenge that will really take them all to task....

Nevermind, he died in absolutely ridiculous circumstances. Next episode please.

That could have been a great story arc over this series.
    Agreed - instead we're going to get a dumb internal fight over who gets to be named partner.

Why don't the partners get together and tell Donna to f*ck off with her bullsh*t.

So whats the firm called now? Zane Spector Litt Williams Wheeler?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

So whats the firm called now? Zane Spector Litt Williams Wheeler?
    wouldn't it be Litt Zane Spector Williams Wheeler soon to be Bennett

Terrible midseason finale. Didn't give a s**t who was named partner.

What an absolute mess and farce this show has become.

The last fifteen minutes of each episode seems to render the first thirty absolutely pointless.

And after 9 episodes of "the names absolutely can't go up together", they do.

The writers of Suits need to be taken out to pasture.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,680 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

What an absolute mess and farce this show has become.

The last fifteen minutes of each episode seems to render the first thirty absolutely pointless.

And after 9 episodes of "the names absolutely can't go up together", they do.

The writers of Suits need to be taken out to pasture.

The whole thing has become incredibly predictable every week

- Crisis of the week
    - We won't let them get one over on us/we'll sort that
    - Failure and escalation of the situation
    - Regroup.. Told you so/you did what I said not to/What are we gonna do now?
    - Miraculous last minute solution
    - All friends again

Rinse and repeat :(

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    The whole thing has become incredibly predictable every week

- Crisis of the week
    - We won't let them get one over on us/we'll sort that
    - Failure and escalation of the situation
    - Regroup.. Told you so/you did what I said not to/What are we gonna do now?
    - Miraculous last minute solution
    - All friends again

Rinse and repeat :(
    I mean... that's kinda been the show from day one in fairness, except now without Mike's magic powers to seemingly remember his way out of any situation and the constant only threat being Mike's secret.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,680 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I mean... that's kinda been the show from day one in fairness, except now without Mike's magic powers to seemingly remember his way out of any situation and the constant only threat being Mike's secret.

True enough but for some reason it seems more obvious now?

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    True enough but for some reason it seems more obvious now?

I think now it's more obvious because Mike used to find clever, cute or smart ways of solving the big problem of the episode. And generally they used to at least make some semblance of sense or be in keeping with the problem.

Now the solutions are just entirely leftfield like 'never mind, he's dead' or Donna pulls something unbelievable out of her backside.

It's far more ham-fisted now.

Now the solutions are just entirely leftfield like 'never mind, he's dead'

Literal lol

• Registered Users Posts: 85,112 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The show is trying to get Meghan back for a cameo role for the final (9th) season

The first episode back was terrible. The Rocky conversations were cringe worthy, and Donna was more smug and obnoxious than usual.

I read online somewhere last week that it's been cancelled. The next season will be the last?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I read online somewhere last week that it's been cancelled. The next season will be the last?

Renewed for a final season 9

https://tvline.com/2019/01/23/suits-renewed-final-season-9-usa-network/

I'd have been pretty annoyed if they didn't give it a chance to wrap up, but frankly I don't need to see Mike or Rachel again.

When did Gretchen become the best character? :)

The latest episode was better than the first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

What I noticed is that Wendell Pierce is no longer in the opening credits.

Advertisement