Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suits - USA Network *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Is this a new thing that Suits is up to date on Netflix? I never remember Netflix being up to date with it. If you wanted to be up to date you either watched it online or waited for it to come on Dave?
    Yeah its new.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

DubTony wrote: »
    Just sat down to watch Ep2 as well. Bloody annoying

As for RT If they're the rights holders in Ireland as suggested, seasons 5 and 6 shouldn't be on Netflix either.

It's about licensing windows. RTwould have the "first-run" window on new episodes, but apparently are so far behind they're on Season 5? In any case I'm guessing they still have the hold on it, and when someone at Netflix was alerted to this they took it down in Ireland. I doubt anyone there will be bothered to ask RTto release/sell the rights for one show in a tiny market, they've 190 other countries to deal with. Unless you start a campaign about it.

For some reason I can't say the name of our national broadcaster properly. I can't say RTE with the fada, it comes out RT any help?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

If I wanted an up to date episode of anything (other than a Netflix original series) Netflix would be the last thing I'd depend on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

If I wanted an up to date episode of anything (other than a Netflix original series) Netflix would be the last thing I'd depend on.

Well, they do weekly ASAP releases for a bunch of shows. Depends on what you watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭bipedalhumanoid

I noticed this too. No idea what is happening.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Occono wrote: »
    Well, they do weekly ASAP releases for a bunch of shows. Depends on what you watch.

They've become fierce customer friendly since we ended our subscription then! I never remember any series being as up to date as the US.

Suits was always way behind as far as I remember anyhow. I remember trying to link the laptop to the TV to see the latest episodes online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

My understanding of the situation, and i am open to correction, is that RTE have the rights for broadcast and threw a spanner in the works. The point was made earlier that Dave or Living showed it in Ireland before RTE previously, but as these are UK broadcast stations i don't think RTE can have much to say about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭princess3901

I contacted Dave today to find out when suits season 7 will air, they have advised me that they have not renewed suits season 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

I contacted Dave today to find out when suits season 7 will air, they have advised me that they have not renewed suits season 7.

Correct Dave chose not to renew RTÉ will have the cheek of showing it early hours months later

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Suits Season 7 finale is going to be a backdoor pilot to a Jessica Pearson spinoff set in Chicago.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/suits-spinoff-gina-torres-usa-network-1202529465/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Anyone still watching this? Think they should cut Mike for being a complete tosspot. Harvey not having fun being the boss. Not sure why he'd pick the therapist over Donna?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah it's a bit of a slog this year. Louis is now the most interesting character and I don't give a s**t about anyone else.

It's weird to hear F-bombs this year too. I'm not sure it fits the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,847 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Yea, I think this season is starting to show, that Mike wasn't really just a young fella latching onto a dream, because now he has his dream and still can't stop himself being a knob and screwing people over.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,715 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah it's a bit of a slog this year. Louis is now the most interesting character and I don't give a s**t about anyone else.

Yea I thought I was imagining that the first time I heard it.. completely unnecessary IMO as it adds nothing.

I think this season should be the last as they've marginalised Donna and Rachel, Harvey and Mike are like completely different characters, and the actor playing Louis is still being criminally underused.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭squonk

I’m finding it a slog as well. I’d hoped that lawyer they wanted to hire in the second last episode would inject a bit of something into the show but she didn’t join. I’m wondering if this is the run-up to mid season and in the second half they’ll eventually join up with the Bunk’s law firm?

They need something more at this stage. They’ve broken the dynamic of the show and it looks like it’s not all that easy to put it back together again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Suits has not been great for a few seasons now but this season has had a particularly rocky start. The Donna Partner storyline is unbelievable and Mike and Louis are acting like jerks most of the time. Harvey seems to have grown up at least- maybe by being the recipient of free therapy!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,368 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

This season seems to have totally lost its way and seems utterly aimless these days.

I miss the days of the Daniel Hardman power struggle and where Louis was somewhat of an antagonist. It's all a bit meh now with people just God damning left right and centre to try and generate some level of drama.

Every relationship seems manically bipolar also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Mr E wrote: »

it's better than hearing Mike say "mother flecker".

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

J@ysus this is hard going, if it wasn't for the early morning with the baby I don't think I'd bother, this week's annoyance was the whole "on the record" thing, I know they are all legal people but ffs they must have said "for the record" or a variant about 20 times in the last 2 episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Thought it was a whole load of meh myself, best bit about it was old school Louis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Liamalone wrote: »
    Thought it was a whole load of meh myself, best bit about it was old school Louis

I got distracted a quarter way in and couldn't bring myself to go back to it (yet). Once upon a time it was much watch TV.

No mention of season 8 renewal as yet. Probably for the best.

I got distracted a quarter way in and couldn't bring myself to go back to it (yet). Once upon a time it was much watch TV.

No mention of season 8 renewal as yet. Probably for the best.

It must be terrible for all ye guys being strapped down and forced to watch this. Ye poor fellas.

For all those that don't enjoy it, and don't get strapped down. How about trying something that will make your life better, and don't watch it :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Quazzie wrote: »
    For all those that don't enjoy it, and don't get strapped down. How about trying something that will make your life better, and don't watch it :rolleyes:

Cause for some of us it's better to watch sh1te 8 seasons long that you know that's going to end soon than something new that might end at any week without a finish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

It must be terrible for all ye guys being strapped down and forced to watch this. Ye poor fellas.

It's like that ex you remember as being incredibly hot, but now when you see her you'd just rather remember her glory years... and wish she'd go join a nunnery already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Serious much? You are talking to folks, and fans, that love this show. Don't pull that crap.

What's your view on this current series then? Do you think the show is still to notch? I'm intrigued.

Liamalone wrote: »
    Serious much? You are talking to folks, and fans, that love this show. Don't pull that crap.

What's your view on this current series then? Do you think the show is still to notch? I'm intrigued.

I feel they had to turn a corner from what the show was. It was all about Mike and his secret. That's gone. They had to change. Sure there is going to be some grinding of gears as they find their way, but I think it's moving on nicely. I'm still enjoying it. If I wasn't I'd simply stop watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

It's seems to have lost a bit of direction this season, no Jessica to ground the team.

They need a spin off where Louis and his Nazi shrink go on a road trip as Louis is the only reason I am wathinh it now...

frag420 wrote: »
    It's seems to have lost a bit of direction this season, no Jessica to ground the team.

Haven't watched this weeks yet (which probably says something too as I used to watch it first thing the day after it aired), but you're right.. as much as I thought Jessica was often just "there" with little value, she actually added something that is now very obviously missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,368 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I think that's an extremely flippant and silly view to have. Nobody in here hates the show, it's just a matter of a show that was once so compelling that everyone loved is now a shadow of itself. And given how good it was, people tune in with the hope of it getting better, not because they're forced to.

If it was season one of a show, I'd probably switch off but I know how good it can be and I'm invested in the characters so that's why I keep watching.

• Advertisement

Just watched this week's... if anything it highlights how they CAN still produce a decent show (via the flashbacks), but the current narrative/plot direction isn't the right one... and that includes the additional swearing they've thrown in for no real reason.

Advertisement