Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suits - USA Network *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

One of the best episodes of suits tbh. I suppose it will depends on whether the writers follow it up.

The idea of no job progression, recognition for hard work would be soul destroying for anyone. Hard to see Mike staying where he is given thats it not possible for what he wants whilst where he is.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Excellent episode. The best of Louis - the brain picking, the heartbreak, the arse crack... It really felt like a season finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,834 ✭✭✭squonk

I'm hoping now they resolve the Mike conundrum! He needs to be able to move on but maybe it also depends on what plans USA have for the show. They may decide to call it a day after Season 4 so maybe the show runners know this as well and are setting up an exit strategy for everyone? I think in any case the whole issue has come so much into focus now that they can't really just drop it and act like it's never happened.

I loved the episode in general and it's great to see Louis back to his best these days but I can't help feeling they just skired over his heart attack. To be honest it looked like he'd just gone to have a root canal or something! He was back almost instantly even if it was for just for half days. I'm not expecting a gritty realistic show but I'd expect them to be a little more realistic than they were in this case. Then again the show is about a genius with an eidactic memory who is hired by a top notch law firm to practice on major cases despite not having a degree :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What night is suits aired in the states?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What night is suits aired in the states?

Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Woo another great episode! So he got what he wanted after all and for anyone that saw the preview
    Harvey and Mike are in for some battle, they are fecked!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

that was a great episode. Next weeks one is going to be awesome, cant see how they go about it this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

While I agree that it was another great episode, I was pretty disappointed with the last scene. We all knew he was going to stay, because sure without him, there's no suits. I just felt that it was just thrown in there at the end, as if they'd forgotten about it and needed to write it in.

A character who I didn't really connect with during season 1 and 2 is Jessica. I'm really starting to like her now. I feel like the stories that she's involved in always have a bite to them and provide for interesting moments in between Harvey and Mike's dealings.

Looking forward to the rest of this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Only one more ep though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I think this show's been going through the motions for the last few episodes to be honest. I'm growing a bit tired of it.
    The cases they're dealing with serving as reflections to their lives is getting awfully repetitive.
    They always try and paint Louis as the bad guy when he's dealing with Harvey, then redeem him in a separate story just so Harvey remains invincible in they eyes of the viewer. Louis gets outsmarted again and again by everyone, Jessica, Harvey, Donna, Mike & Rachel, but they always claim to "need" him as he's the mean guy that knows accounting like nobody else.

I keep hoping the show will return to the heights of Season 2, but I'm losing the faith.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Kirby wrote: »
    Only one more ep though.

These half seasons always get to me. The show just starts going and it's gone again for another half a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    These half seasons always get to me. The show just starts going and it's gone again for another half a year.

I think it's a 16 ep season so 2 left. It'll be back in July anyway for S4 I'd imagine so not too long to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Louis is the best character for me!

Thought the latest episode upped the game a bit again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Dont know if i liked the whole investment banker angle being floated to him, it was way too tidy and hard to justify him not taking it i thought...would have been a good way to wrap the series as a whole up and the news it had been renewed removed any dramatic tension from it in particular, after all - no mike, no suits.. The whole "Status Quo is God" trope they invoke to death on the show can grate a little and it's probably it's biggest flaw in the end.

Only saw the promo for the next episode there thanks to the link i watched the last one finishing right at the end....interesting to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

whats the point of the blonde one who appears for 2 miinutes every few eps

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Fairly hamfisted episode considering how they tee'd it up in the previous episode.

Mike wanting to stay under the thumb is fairly stupid tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 28,925 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I wish they would at least have shown Katrina coming back. Need her more of a main character for Mike and/or Rachel to work with. Would show the next generation of Louis and Harvey that way.

Did think the ending was a bit rushed. Was like "Oh and before the episode ends, I'm staying"

As for the preview next week
    Guessing it's not about Mike practising illegally

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Regarding next week i think the same, off the top of my head what he did would not fall under defrauding the US government but i could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Thinks he shouldve waited til later in the week to watch the latest episode. Can't wait for the next one :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

so now yerone is going to college? but not harvard.

• Advertisement

I thought it was a good episode overall but a few things stood out for me.

First off, more strange versions of reality. The scene where Jessica visited Louis and likened the sui9t to somebody tryinjg to get into Louis gf's pants was a bit strange and I found it hard to buy. It just seemed an analogy too far, especially as the guy was going through a bit of emotional turmoil like that. Again, it's like the heart attack. The breakup was used for dramatic purpose but then just discarded as a frivolity. I wish they'd stop doing that.

Second off, I know Harvey was pissed about losing Mike. I know Harvey is Harvey so wasn't surprised he didn't handle it very well. I was just surprised with Donna. She's such a smart lady, you'd have to think that Mike changing careers was a good thing for everybody. Harvey no longer has a weak point through Mike being found out and, by extension, Harvey getting into hot water for facilitating things.

Finally, hacking the bar just seems like robbing Peter to pay Paul. It's almost like they're going through increasingly more convoluted hoops to justify keeping the show going. I still think the obvious choice of plot is for Mike to go get his degree and pass the bar, even if it's 'Joe's Law College'. They could have a tension packed episode where they end up deciding to relax the Harvard rule for him and at least the show is on better ground.

I still look forward to the show but really get the feeling it should have ended this season. It had a great premise for a limited run show and it more than amply fulfilled that. I'm not so sure now though.

The guy playing the gambling lawyer this week was an excellent actor I thought. He really added to the episode. He was almost the star for me. It's not often you see walk ons doing a real stand up job but the guy just really knocked it out of the park. I wouldn't mind seeing him back in future episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

squonk wrote: »
    I still think the obvious choice of plot is for Mike to go get his degree and pass the bar, even if it's 'Joe's Law College'. They could have a tension packed episode where they end up deciding to relax the Harvard rule for him and at least the show is on better ground.
    That wouldn't actually achieve anything though as it'd still be an admission that Mike had been practicing law at the firm without a licence which is at best heavily frowned upon and at worst illegal with penalties that can include jail time. Not to mention that it would inevitably lead to an investigation of the firm in order to find out who knew he was unlicensed and when they knew it and in addition to that every case/contract he was involved with could be in jeopardy as he had no legal standing to take part in them.

Fair point JohnK and well made! In that case they really shouldn't have broached the whole lack of a degree in the way they have until the final season. All they've managed to do now is to undermine the show really. I'd certainly have been happy to go along with the status quo for now provided the characters were. Now we know Mike is in a rut but practicing for the love of the law but that's only worth so much for so long. For Harvey, it's very useful having Mike around. He can troubleshoot problems in a way that even Harvey never could. It's not realistic to expect that anybody in a job will be happy to stay put at a juniour position when they could be head honcho elsewhere, in a different industry. For Suits in particular I wish they had an ordered exit strategy. I'd hate to se a case where they get renewed for a 6 episode season to wrap the show up like White Collar. White Collar is a little more clear cut though. I guess I'm really starting to get a little frustrated with what's happening with Mike. Every season there's lots of drama surrounding his status but, in the end, nothing changes.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Could he become a lawyer in Canada?

Could he become a lawyer in Canada?

I don't know, but it's a good idea! They could relaunch Street Legal both as a relaunch and a Suits spinoff! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

He can always become a solicitor in Ireland. Even if the feds find him guilty and give him 12 life sentences - he'd fit right in.

So Mike takes the job after they get out of their predicament. US Attorney was sooo close to nailing harold to the cross, such a hilarious character, would be great to see more of him. Suits returns in June, but how are they going to work the show with Mike working for a different company (even if it is a client of PS)??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Thank feck Scottie's gone! I wish Harvey and Donna would just get together already...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Eh spoilers please some of us have not seen it yet!

• Advertisement

Zascar wrote: »
    Eh spoilers please some of us have not seen it yet!

Thread says spoilers - I always keep out of the thread until I watch the latest episode :rolleyes:

Advertisement