Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suits - USA Network *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

pajopearl wrote: »
    There was a musical episode of Psych??? *facepalm*

Afaik it's two musical episodes, hasnt aired yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Getting very impatient now... I've nothing on to watch at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,734 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Getting very impatient now... I've nothing on to watch at the moment.

Is that Mike and Donna near the end??

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Is that Mike and Donna near the end??

Think that was Donna and the British guy from the first half of season 3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

they really need to move away from the britsish angle, i think it played for far to long as it was, most of it was pretty good, louis and his british counterpart kind of ruined the whole thing, im hoping they can get back on track and get more cases on the show, it was kind of annoying dragging out the kensington oil thing, i think they should concentrate now on sorting mike degree once and for all, and try and wrap that particular storyline up by mid-season 4 or the end of season 4 at least,

looking forward to it return none the less:):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Maika_30

It's been so long since the last episode that I don't know if I want to continue watching the show ;( It's a pity because it was my favorite show, especially season one...At this moment I'm sick of too much drama, internal wars, betrayals, the merger with the British firm, the Hesington Oil case, mock trials about a cat and the Mike/Rachel stuff...and to finish ruin the show, now we have Harvey suddenly in love with that disgusting woman Scottie. I think the "romance" part of the show it was already and enough covered by Mike and Rachel. I miss Harvey/Mike chemistry and interaction of the first season, new weekly cases without forgetting the main plot of the show that it's Mike's lack of law degree, there was drama but much more comedy and I think it was fine. I don't know who are the writers of the show, but I think they could learn from its "neighbor" White collar's writers, Neal/Peter team is still working and giving their best in the fifth season and they managed to keep the quality and the essence of the show. When Suits started I was excited because the first season was really brilliant and it became my favorite tv show, until then was White Collar, but nowadays, it's White Collar my favorite again. I doubt things will change in suits over the six last episodes of the third season, I know that will be at least a fourth season more, but I'm not sure there could be any more unless writers return to the original plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Maika_30 wrote: »
    It's been so long since the last episode that I don't know if I want to continue watching the show ;( It's a pity because it was my favorite show, especially season one...At this moment I'm sick of too much drama, internal wars, betrayals, the merger with the British firm, the Hesington Oil case, mock trials about a cat and the Mike/Rachel stuff...and to finish ruin the show, now we have Harvey suddenly in love with that disgusting woman Scottie. I think the "romance" part of the show it was already and enough covered by Mike and Rachel. I miss Harvey/Mike chemistry and interaction of the first season, new weekly cases without forgetting the main plot of the show that it's Mike's lack of law degree, there was drama but much more comedy and I think it was fine. I don't know who are the writers of the show, but I think they could learn from its "neighbor" White collar's writers, Neal/Peter team is still working and giving their best in the fifth season and they managed to keep the quality and the essence of the show. When Suits started I was excited because the first season was really brilliant and it became my favorite tv show, until then was White Collar, but nowadays, it's White Collar my favorite again. I doubt things will change in suits over the six last episodes of the third season, I know that will be at least a fourth season more, but I'm not sure there could be any more unless writers return to the original plot.
    spot on, i think their trying to make the show more like covert affairs, making it more serious, with massive season long arcs and little down time, which works great for a show like CA, cause it has a world wide setting with lots of location shooting, and plenty of players to call upon to suit the story,

Suits should keep more towards the white collar storytelling method, even white collar has a whole city of people to bring in, the scope of suits is to small to be doing what they are doing, its an office environment, with very little possibilities for recuring players, its best to get more cases which will in turn bring more clients,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

So good to have this show back! Even better....NO MORE HESSINGTON OIL!!

Only 5 episodes left this season and I guess the biggest story will be the question over whether Mike's secret will finally out. Not sure whether it's such a big deal any more, seeing as Jessica knows the truth, but Louis might just use it as leverage to become partner.

As an aside, loved the Working Girl film reference - one of my favourite movies!

Completely forgot this is coming back. Looking forward to getting home now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Glad it's back, but it was a poor mid season opener. Great episode definitely though

• Advertisement

Really enjoyed this weeks episode. Unlike a lot of other series on the tv at the moment, I find that I'm interested in all the main characters as opposed to the likes of the walking dead where I couldn't care less about what happens to half of them.
    Very interested to see how far Louis goes with this Mike Ross revaluations. Will we see Ross' worst nightmares from the previous seasons coming through? I'm not so sure they'll go that far.
    Looking forward to the rest of them.

Also, god damn I've missed donna and rachel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I started watching this last night and onto season 2 already, its so good and addictive. Hoping it keeps at same standard as Season 1 and hopefully up to date by next episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

lost all respect for Rachael (and the show) choosing not to go to Stanford

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭squonk

Could you not have spilered that ExpectationLost? Not all of us have the luxury of watching a show in the middle of the night! :(

I came in here to discuss something else. Mainly the black hole that's developing in the plot at this point. It's really time they adddressed and did away with the Mike/Harvard plot device. Last week's episode emphasised just how unsustainable it is at this point. It's starting to seem like every time they need to address it each season they're having to jump through bigger and bigger hoops to explain it away.

I can see how in the beginning it was quite clever and added a bit of drama to the plot. I don't know what the producers expected but I think iwith most shows it's reasonable to expect maybe a run of 1-3 seasons. As a device it gave them plenty of room to create a self-destruct sequence if the show was suddenly cancelled. It is a great device to shut down the plot in the space of a few episodes, or even a massively dramatic single episode.

Now it looks like the show's a keeper and we're likely to get a few more seasons from it, they need to move beyond this. It'll hurt the show in the long run if they don't. I think we all see Mike as a credible lawyer in his own right at this stage. He's very much Harvey's right hand man and a match for any of the partners. It's not good enough now to have an entire show pitched on such a flimsy presumption. I hope the Louis plotline is the beginning of some resolution arc for this. There are only so many more near misses available before things get silly.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

squonk wrote: »
    Could you not have spilered that ExpectationLost? Not all of us have the luxury of watching a show in the middle of the night! :(

Wasn't that several episodes back?

squonk wrote: »

Yeah, in fairness, this thread is following the US broadcast on the USA network. That happened a while ago. Not really spoiler material.

Really good episode last night. Elliot was a savage character.

Loved this weeks episode. They definitely did a good job at casting Elliot's character. Was like a little Pee Wee Herman!

Also, (I'll put this in spoilers because I know some people don't watch the clip for next week at the end of the episode)
    Harvey has a heart attack in court? :eek: Very interesting story line. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Loved this weeks episode. They definitely did a good job at casting Elliot's character. Was like a little Pee Wee Herman!

Also, (I'll put this in spoilers because I know some people don't watch the clip for next week at the end of the episode)
    Harvey has a heart attack in court? :eek: Very interesting story line. Looking forward to it.
    It didnt actually show Harvey in the hospital bed.Im wondering is it Louis who has it

It didnt actually show Harvey in the hospital bed.Im wondering is it Louis who has it

Thats exactly what i was thinking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,586 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Would Donna really be that upset if it was Louis though? She's in tears and says something like "I don't know what I'd do without you." I'm thinking they might go with Harvey and Donna realising that they are in love with each other...and what this revelation would mean for Harvey's relationship with Scottie and the future of the firm.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

It looks like it is Harvey though in fairness to Donna's reaction! Although she does have a love hate relationship with Louis!

Would Donna really be that upset if it was Louis though? She's in tears and says something like "I don't know what I'd do without you." I'm thinking they might go with Harvey and Donna realising that they are in love with each other...and what this revelation would mean for Harvey's relationship with Scottie and the future of the firm.

This is exactly the reason I was going with
    Harvey and not Louis

Also, use spoilers guys. There are people who don't watch the sneak peak trailers for next week's episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

To be honest, I think that given the reaction of Donna to the situation, it's quite feasibly Harvey. But knowing how networks love to give out teasers and make us think we're on the right track, it's likely Louis who has the heart attack. I think he's probably more disposed to such an attack anyway. That said, Jessica did say that nobody was to find out about it. What would hurt a firm more than a named partner suffering a life threatening condition at such an early age???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Didnt
    Harveys father die of a heart attack
    ? Or am I making things up to fit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Neither Harvey nor Lewis I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭squonk

Yeah I think it's a bait and switch myself. I have to rewatch the teaser myself but I wouldn't be putting money on Harvey. I wouldn't put it past them to pull a well respected partner we've not seen so far out of the woodwork. I just think when the teaser went out of it's way to not show Harvey then it's definitely not him.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

If it's not Harvey or Lewis, the only other person I can think of is Gary Cole's character. If he had a heart attack in Harvey's office or something that could explain why the rest of them are so concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

stevenmu wrote: »
    If it's not Harvey or Lewis, the only other person I can think of is Gary Cole's character. If he had a heart attack in Harvey's office or something that could explain why the rest of them are so concerned.

I don't think Donna would have any lost love for him, were that the case.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Is there some reason that Mike is not getting a Law Degree, from anywhere? the whole Harvard thing is a firm ploicy and as we've seen with Rachel something they could break.

But the lack of Law degree and BAR is a criminal offence. Surely they would try and rectify this?

One thing to be caught falsifying Harvard records, a completely more serious issue to be practising without a license.

Advertisement