Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miss Piggys Battle for the Big Plates

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Needs more pizza me thinks..

...doubtful after the xmas she probably had scoffing choc!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Sure look at the amount of volume your doing on the three competition lifts, the extra con sessions, calorie restriction, ****ing about with hockey balls..

tis hardly rocket science.
    Whoops.:o

When you put it like that...point well and truely taken.:o
    needs more rest days
    BUT...in fairness I've trained no more than 4 times a week the last 3 weeks?!?! And everything still was to some degree of ****ness
    doubtful after the xmas she probably had scoffing choc!
    That's another whoops.

Okay...there is a sliight possibility I might be seeing sense. Let's just clarify...2 strength and 2 conditioning a week is presumeably fine.

And the hockey..really?...I dont do much so I'm not tiring myself out??

But points well made..new year and all that...could possibly be the end to some of my stupidity:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Just to share my experiences Gymfreak (may or may not help)- if I go over 2 strength and 2 condition sessions, generally I start to feel like crap. Took a bit of trial and effor to figure that out! The *one* time I obviously overtrained prior to taking a holiday, I felt nauseous and had a headache for about 3 days. Completely lost my appetite too which is UNHEARD of for me!

I know everyone is different and generally you seem to be able to handle a much bigger volume of training than me (and much heavier!) - but just the symptoms seem to be similar enough. I don't know how you do all that training on a calorie deficit to begin with :-O

Why don't you give yourself a week off training (not even the diet part, just the training) and re-asses how you feel then?

**I feel like there has been a mini-intervention**:D

All the points that people have made have been well and truely taken on board(except Drifter's). I've already had a chat with Will and Hanley about it so things are ready to be put back into order.

Think I was just finding it hard to understand the concept of a bit of rest and recovery; I've always done some sort of activity 6/7days a week for yeeeeears and then was able to punch through 6 sessions a week for most of this year but looks like things have finally caught up on me and a step back is definitely in order:)

Wednesday 4th January-C2
    Con Block-Sled push
    20 m Sled push +10kg
    10 up and back in 10mins ...same
    Legs were fairly jelly-ish after

Work Block 1 - 15mins
    5 e/s DB Lunges 12.5kg
    10 DB Curl and Press 5kg
    11 rounds in 15mins...same

Con Block - 10mins
    20 m Sled push +10kg
    9 up and backs in 10mins:( I wanted 10 but was really outta breathe and sore at the 2min mark

Work Block 2 - 15mins
    Barbell Complex-33kg..upped the weight here
    Deadlift, Hang Clean, Front Squat, Push Press, Back Squat, Push Press
    15 rounds in 15.20mins..starting to get a bit more confident at this one and really liking it cos its putting me under a bit of pressure confidence wise. Might up the weight a teeny bit again next day

Con Block - 10mins
    20 m Sled push +10kg
    9 up and backs in 10.30mins ....shoulders were just burning

Red Band Pullups
    10, 8, 9, 6, 8

Stretched and foamrolled glutes and hamstrings.

I enjoyed that session:) I like getting pushed outta my comfort zone a bit and the sled and the barbell complex do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

my point was for the amount of training you need more kcals....or for the kcals your on less training...but hey...i know nothing anyways so ignore me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

And so the solution is?

You could do worse than to do one strength & one con session next week, with 1 30 min walk if you get bored & 2-3 20-30 minute sessions on your foam rolling & stretching.

And so the solution is?

You could do worse than to do one strength & one con session next week, with 1 30 min walk if you get bored & 2-3 20-30 minute sessions on your foam rolling & stretching.

She could do worse, but she could do a hell of a lot better too. I don’t think you get the psychology of what’s going on. It’s the first time she’s ever not been able to recover because she’s now working at a level where that can’t occur. And she’s not just training to train anymore, there’s specific goals and chasing them leads to a much higher systemic stress level.

Doing something differently for a week won’t make a single bit of difference. A much more integrated and almost entirely new approach to how she approaches training is what’s needed.

Completely reassessing why she trains, how she trains, the demands it places on her and what she needs to do to work within recuperative abilities are what she’s going to have to do. Both myself and will have said multiple times for her to back off a bit to recover, but she always comes back training harder afterwards, which just puts her further into the hole. I think everyone involved is starting to cop on as to why it’s all going tits up tho. It’s not just a case of too little recovery.

It’s volume, it’s intensity, it’s kcal levels, it’s emotional stress (training and real life), it's sleep (I know for a fact her sleeping patterns are completely f*cked), and it's whole host of other factors. But, if ya don’t know someone then you can’t really judge how that stuff’s effecting them and while everyone obviously has her best interest at heart (and some appear just to want to jump on the bandwagon), "resting" won’t fix anything long term and this problem would only be discussed again in 3 months time.

EDIT: ...that's a reworded version of an email I sent her which she asked me to post here

Yup. I think Hanley fairly hit the nail on the head in his post.:)

I AM going to step back completely and do what I'm told without adding in anything.

I think I'm going to give up on the hockey too for the next while and just train the way I like to train doing the strength stuff and the con stuff and just stick to the volume that I'm told.

I doubt I'll do any competing this side of the Summer, I do still want to compete and will compete but I just wanna get back into the groove of training cos I enjoy it rather than training for a competition as I end up getting a wee bit stressed over it. I don't think I gave myself enough 'downtime' in between the last two competitions so I'm pretty happy to do that now.

I'm going to see if I can finish out Hanley's squat cycle cos it annoys me hugely not finish things..but we've already decided that if I amn't feeling it next day then we're just gonna kill it. There's no point if I'm just not in the groove.

Will has said that he'll have a program in place for me in the coming weeks so I'll get onto that when it's done:)

I'm actually pretty happy to be chilling a bit:)
    ********PLEASE remind me I said that if I start messing again:D:D...I just forget!

Saturday 7th January
    Weight-54.9kg

Spin Bike-10mins

Mobility
    Reverse Lunges
    Cable Face Pulls
    Over and Unders
    Hurdle steps
    Scap push ups
    Leg swings
    YTWs
    x2

Squats......Third time (semi) lucky
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    35kg x 5
    50kg x 3
    Supposed to be 65kg 6 x 6
    65kg x 6
    65kg x 6
    65kg x 6
    65kg x 6...forgot to wear wraps for this set..realised mid-way through
    65kg x 3..and then the bar rolled..couldnt balance so let it down.
    65kg x 1..and then...fail!

Pull Ups
    Damn pullups. Arms were just wrecked
    3, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

Bench
    20kg x 12
    25kg x 12
    39kg x 8..tough
    39kg x 7 and a pinning
    39kg x 6

Deadlift
    I left the deadlift to last as there were no free platforms so was pretty tired doing it
    60kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    65kg x 5
    70kg x 5
    70kg x 5.didn't go any higher cos I could feel I wasn't in the right position.

Hanging Leg Raises
    5 x 10

DB Side Bends
    22.5kg x 10/10
    22.5kg x 10/10
    25kg x 10/10
    25kg x 10/10
    25kg x 10/10

Bicep Curls
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10

Sunday 8th January-C1

Weight: 54.8kg:)

Northwood again today

Mobility
    Squat rack in use so changed the warm up a tad
    Reverse Lunges
    Scap push ups
    Leg swings
    YTWs 2.5kg
    Sumo Squats
    Groin Rotations...and iccck horrible bone grinding noises on both sides
    x3

Con Block-10mins
    Bike-Level 7
    Did it at a constant-ish pace for first 7mins then went hell for leather after that
    4.82km in 10mins

Work Block 1-15mins
    5 Goblet Squat 27.5kg
    10 DB Pushups rows 7.5kg
    11 rounds in 15.03mins...up 1 round:)wasn't expecting that
    Max HR 215 Av 187..I swear its those DB pushup rows that do that to my HR

Con Block-10mins
    Bike-Level 7
    Yeh..that whole hurting my hip/glute the other day came back to plague me. Did 5mins..then it started hurting so stopped and stretched..kinda checked how it felt and did next 5mins
    4.76km in 10mins
    Max HR 199 Av 183

Work Block-15mins
    10m Bounding
    10m Catapillar Walks
    10 random rounds in 15mins..wasnt paying attention properly cos I was minding my hip..so this block was all over the place..did 20m of each in places..10m other times, just got myself muddled:D
    Max HR 205 Av HR 173

Con Block
    Didn't go back to the bike just in case it annoyed my hip
    1km easy row
    200m/ 45sec rest
    1. 50.6
    2. 49.2
    3. 50.1
    4. 50.5
    5. 49.8
    Didn't push it..was being semi-careful
    Max HR 182 Av 164

Good session:) I'll take 2mo and maybe tuesday off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

gymfreak wrote: »
    Okay...there is a sliight possibility I might be seeing sense. Let's just clarify...2 strength and 2 conditioning a week is presumeably fine.

maybe if your strength sessions weren't so full of volume, keep them to real hard strength sessions - minimal volume, lots of breaks etc... don't go mad on assisstance

and the conditioning sessions you're doing 5 or 6 blocks a session.. would 2 or 3 not be as effective if you're working flat out?

Parsley wrote: »
    maybe if your strength sessions weren't so full of volume, keep them to real hard strength sessions - minimal volume, lots of breaks etc... don't go mad on assisstance

and the conditioning sessions you're doing 5 or 6 blocks a session.. would 2 or 3 not be as effective if you're working flat out?

Hey, :)

I think one of the main problems was with me running from one competition cycle to the next and then onto the next without really taking it handy for a while. So that'll probably be the plan for the next while or so, to just keep tapping away at the strength stuff without pushing too hard.

As for the conditioning I'd feel awfully cheated if I was only doing con twice a week and only doing half a session each time!! I like the structure of what I'm doing..but if I'm told otherwise then I'll change it.

The plan for the moment is to finish off THS cycle, then test and then a new plan of action is falling into place after that..maybe next week or the week after.

Thanks for the advice, it's appreciated:)

Wednesday - 1th January
    Was awfully anxious/ nervous about today's session..last one in the strength cycle so reaaaalllly didnt want to mess it up

Mobility
    Reverse Lunges
    Cable Face Pulls
    Over and Unders
    Hurdle steps
    Scap push ups
    Leg swings
    YTWs
    x2

Squats
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    40kg x 5
    50kg x 3
    68kg x 4 (8 sets)
    Whoopppeeee!! Everything felt grand enough today! Wasn't too hard!!:D:D

Bench
    20kg x 12
    25kg x 12
    30kg x 5
    35kg x 5
    43kg x 3
    43kg x 2
    43kg x 2
    43kg x 2
    43kg x 2
    Yes...my benching sucks

Pullups
    3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2

Deadlift
    Euuuuggggh my happy day was ruined by being told my deadlifts looked wretched:(:( I had noticed over the last session or two that I was doing something different, just couldnt figure out how to fix it.

60kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    65kg x 5
    65kg x 5
    70kg x 5
    70kg x 5
    70kg x 5
    70kg x 5
    Stupid ugly deadlifts:(

Stiff Leg Deadlift..bar on the ground
    Was a complete idiot...miscounted the weight on the bar..thought it was 60kg/ 65kg...turns out it wasn't!
    50kg x 12
    55kg x 12
    55kg x 12
    55kg x 12
    55kg x 12

Overhand BB holds
    71kg x 30sec
    71kg x 30sec
    73kg x 30sec

Sooooo chuffed I got the squats today! Today wasnt bad but there were definitely days in the cycle were it was REALLY hard..and I had to just suck it up a lot.

I think I may have a tiny little bit of new found perspective on what I thought training all out was and what it actually is!

Thursday 12th January-C2
    The patience of a saint was needed today, really started to get a tad bit frustrated near the end. There was an electrican in the gym and we kept clashing...when i went to use the indoor, he had his crane thing in the way so people were just running in any ole lane, went i went to use the outdoor he'd turned off the lights..and when i set up on a platform he set up his ladder on it too to fix the roof over me...kept thinking it was a wind up..funnily enough it wasn't!!:pac::pac:

Con Block-only lasted 5mins
    Plan was carries and walks with TB...loaded it with 80kg
    Completely forgot that seeing as i havent done it in about 9months that Id be **** at it!
    Carries -70kg 10m and sprint 20m..lasted 5mins..but everyone was in every lane so gave up..try again next day, was just too irritating

Con Block-10mins
    50m sprints
    Every 30sec

Work Block 1 - 15mins
    5 e/s DB Lunges 12.5kg
    10 DB Curl and Press 5kg
    12 rounds in 15.09 whoop whoop up a round:)
    Might make the db curls and press heavier next time

Con Block - 10mins
    50m Sprints
    Outdoors, every 30sec
    Was sooo quiet out that a rabbit actually ran across the track in front of me:)So CUTE!!

Work Block 2 - 15mins
    Barbell Complex-33kg
    15 rounds in 14.41mins..quicker:)
    I attempted one round with 35kg but it was a bit too much for me to push press, might try it again next day cos I think I was just so wary that I wasn't giving it a good bounce up..like I'm well able for 33kg so I should be able to make a good attempt

Con Block - 10mins
    Lights out outdoors!!
    1km easy row
    200m/ 45 sec rest
    1. 49.3
    2. 50.4
    3. 49.4
    4. 49.2
    5. 48.0..:o:oI may have been holding back a teeny bit..whoops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Will Heffernan

Looking better.

Sounds like the atmosphere was far from electric anyway.

Saturday 14th January-C1

Conditioning again today, a bitta easy strength tommorrow and testing on Thursday

Northwood today
    My poor arms have been killing me since last conditioning day! Triceps, biceps and forearms were DOM'D to bits

Mobility
    Over and Unders
    Hurdle Steps
    Reverse Lunges
    Scap push ups
    Leg swings
    YTWs 2.5kg...these are still hard
    x2

Con Block-10mins
    Bike-Level 7
    Good constant pace to 6mins and then a few sprints
    4.95km in 10mins...sooooo close to 5k. Don't know where the motivation came from but by God was I trying to get 5

Work Block 1-15mins
    5 Goblet Squat 27.5kg
    10 DB Pushups rows 7.5kg
    12 rounds in 15.24mins...up 1 roundsmile.gifwasn't expecting that
    Max HR 210 Av 184

Con Block-10mins
    Bike-Level 7
    Worked really hard at this one too, but started off too hard
    4.93km in 10mins
    Max HR 197 Av 187

Work Block-15mins
    10m Bounding
    10m Catapillar Walks
    13 rounds in 15mins
    Max HR 180 Av HR 167

Con Block
    Bike-Level 7-used a different bike for this one
    Good constant pace for first half and tried to do a lot of sprints for second half
    4.85km in 10mins
    Max HR 195 Av 189

Seriously don't know where today's motivation came from...competitive spirit seems to be back:D

Sunday 15th January
    Weight-54.5kg

Spin Bike
    -20mins...back to being good and doing my cardio!

Mobility
    Reverse Lunges
    Cable Face Pulls
    Over and Unders
    Hurdle steps
    Scap push ups
    Leg swings
    YTWs..cant figure out why these are so hard these days
    x2

Squats
    Supposed to work up to singles at 70kg ahead of testing on Thursday...didnt happen. Funny, cos I felt great..my ole sporadic nature is back it would appear!
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    35kg x 5
    45kg x 3
    50kg x 1
    60kg x 1
    70kg x F
    70kg x F
    60kg x 1 (5 sets)easssssy!

Pull Ups
    3, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2..the 4's felt grand enough. Going to just try for a few sets of 4 next day

DB Bench
    Sick of benching...so I switched:D I've finished TSH cycle..so it's allowed
    10kg DBs x 12
    10kg DBs x 12
    15kg DBs x 10
    15kg DBs x 10
    15kg DBs x 10
    15kg DBs x 10
    15kg DBs x 10

Deadlift
    Horrendous last day..prettier today:)
    60kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    65kg x 5
    65kg x 5
    70kg x 5
    75kg x 5
    75kg x 5
    80kg x 3

Hanging Leg Raises
    4 x 10

DB Side Bends
    25kg x 10/10
    25kg x 10/10
    25kg x 10/10
    25kg x 10/10

Bicep Curls
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10

Gym is only open for 3hours on a Sunday so had to rush, would of liked to keep playing with the deadlift cos it was looking waaaaaaay nicer than last day

It would help if you paid attention to what you were doing you dozey cow. Stop looking around and pay attention to what you are lifting or in this case what you are not lifting i.e the missing 10-15kgs.

Good luck with testing Miss Piggy.

It would help if you paid attention to what you were doing you dozey cow. Stop looking around and pay attention to what you are lifting or in this case what you are not lifting i.e the missing 10-15kgs.
    Hey!!
    It's not my fault the gym is full of mirrors...can't help but check myself out :D:D
    Good luck with testing Miss Piggy.
    Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppp!!

• Advertisement

Tuesday 17th January-C2
    Should really be doing the sled today but was trying to go semi easy so that I don't mess things up for Thursday.

Con Block-10mins
    50m sprints-Outdoors
    Every 30sec
    Got quite a bit asthmaticy..both the chill in the air and me falling out of the habit of taking the inhalers lately are to blame :o:o

Work Block 1 - 15mins
    5 e/s 15kg DBs Lunges..upped the weight her
    10 DB Curl and Press 5kg
    10 rounds in 14.45 ....my poor, poor arms! Took ages for them to feel semi-normal again. Hardest part is actually holding on to the weights.

Con Block - 10mins
    50m Sprints
    Outdoors, every 30sec
    Took inhalers...Much better:)

Work Block 2 - 15mins
    Barbell Complex-35kg

10 rounds in 15mins
    Eeeek! 33kg is grand enough but 35kg was a bit too hard. Missed most of the pushpresses from the back squat..just couldnt press it out fully. Stayed at the weight though and kept trying just to get the confidence up a bit. I'll knock it down to 34kg:o next day and see if I can get all the presses

Skipped the last block cos I'm trying really hard not to overdo it this week. Full guns blazing ahead next week....(whilst still only training 4days a week :D:D) Can't wait! :D

Thursday 20th January-Test Day!!

My glutes and triceps have been sooo sore since conditioning on Tuesday. Dont know what the story is with this new thing of DOMs..I never really got it before:confused:

Oh god, I thought after having entered a few competitions that 'testing' wouldnt rile me up too bad anymore...I was mistaken!! Complete bag of nerves as per usual..was as white as a ghost and stomach wasnt too happy:(:(

Fats were down 35mm since Xmas :D:D
    So I'm a very happy bunny!!! I think the best strategy for me is to chill out a bit about the dieting ie. not to be panicking about it, just make sure I'm getting enough protein and then just to get my fats checked regularly cos that generally keeps me in line.

Squats
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    30kg x 5
    40kg x 1
    50kg x 1
    60kg x 1
    70kg x 1
    75kg x 1
    80kg x 1:D:D This was a slooooow rep, kinda shifted forward on to my toes so it made it harder..but didnt feel like a grinder..even though it was sloooooow
    81kg x F
    81kg x F...wasn't happening

Bench
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    30kg x 5
    40kg x 1
    45kg x 1
    48kg x F
    48kg x F....dammit dammit dammit..once again...my bench is going nowhere!!

Pullups-4:(
    These are gonna be a top priority for the next while! All they need is a bit of focus and determination...and a plan!

Deadlift
    60kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    70kg x 3
    80kg x 1
    90kg x 1
    100kg x 1
    110kg x F:eek:
    110kg x F:eek::eek:...nothing...nada...zilch...zip...didnt even leave the ground!!

I kinda couldn't remember how I used to pull it. But on reflection I'm actually happy enough sticking to the new way of pulling it and just seeing how it goes in time. I'm in no rush and pretty happy to mess about with it.

So all in all, absolutely chuffed with the squats and the de-fatting of myself BUT I've A LOT of work to do!!!!

Going to keep chugging along with JUST the 4 days training a week..starting to get used to it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Nice work on the squat.
    Well done :)

Any video?

Nice work on the squat.
    Well done :)

Any video?

Nah, felt it was more important for Hanley to spot me then get a video of me potentially flattening myself:D:D:p

And you've seen the layout of the rack..really hard to get any kind of decent video unfortunately!

Saturday 21st of January-Strength

Wasn't following any plan today, just threw a few things together until I have a new programme up and running.

Squats
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    40kg x 5
    45kg x 5
    50kg x 5
    55kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    All nice and handy,wasn't pushing the boat out at all today:)

SLDL
    17.5kg x 12/12
    20kg x 10/10
    22.5kg x 10/10
    25kg x 10/10
    25kg x 10/10
    25kg x 10/10
    Same hand, same foot..I'm sure I'll get corrected if I was supposed to do opposites?!?

Bridge
    1min on/0ff
    +10kg
    +10kg
    +15kg

Assisted Pullups
    Blue Band-8, 8
    Red Band-8, 8, 7, 8, 8 with a good bit of donkey kicking.
    I'm thinking I should use the blue band for sets minus the donkey kicking...that that might help the ole pullups better??:confused:

DB Floor Press
    15kg DBs x 10
    15kg DBs x 10
    15kg DBs x 10
    15kg DBs x 10
    15kg DBs x 10
    These felt really really weird, arms/shoulders were a bit all over the place

Side Bridge
    45sec on/15 off
    +10kg
    +10kg
    +10kg

Bicep Curls
    7.5kg x 12
    7.5kg x 12
    7.5kg x 12
    7.5kg x 12
    7.5kg x 12

Was being quite reserved today, just taking it handy really and seeing where things are at and really enjoyed just pottering away:)

Sunday 22nd January

Accompanied my brother to a KB workshop with buykettlebellsdublin today. Very well run, very informative, nothing negative to say about it at all.....but yet again..I have the attention span of a fish so actually found it really hard to stay on task and not wander around. My brother really, really enjoyed it and he's going to start going to the KB classes there instead of where he currently goes.

And I now have a KB to play with if I ever so wish :D:D

Conditioning tomorrow:)

Monday 23rd January-C1

Mobility
    Squat rack in use so changed the warm up a tad
    Reverse Lunges
    Scap push ups
    Leg swings
    Cable Face Pulls
    Groin rotations
    Sumo Squats

Decided to mess around with the sled today-distance wise and how I drag/ pull it cos I wanted something different!

Con Block-Bear Crawls with the sled +20kg
    30m each way
    10 up and backs in 10.29..probably could of moved a bit faster..was moving a tad slow..but highly amused

Work Block 1-15mins
    10 Goblet Squat 27.5kg...upped the reps to 10here
    10 DB Pushups rows 7.5kg
    8 rounds in 15.54mins...goblet squats were actually harder than the db pushup rows

Con Block-Backwards sled drag using the belt + 40kg
    I normally drag it by pulling the rope..this felt waaaay harder..really felt everything on my poor tush and legs
    50m each way
    5 up and backs in 11.30...sloooow but enjoyable

Work Block-15mins
    10m Bounding
    10m Catapillar Walks
    14 random rounds in 14.47mins

Con Block-Forward Sled pull with arms extended overhead
    30m each way
    +20kg for the first 5mins
    then +25kg for the remaining 5mins
    This just tired my arms, nothing else
    10 up and backs in 10.30

gymfreak wrote: »
    Thursday 20th January-Test Day!!

My glutes and triceps have been sooo sore since conditioning on Tuesday. Dont know what the story is with this new thing of DOMs..I never really got it before:confused:

Oh god, I thought after having entered a few competitions that 'testing' wouldnt rile me up too bad anymore...I was mistaken!! Complete bag of nerves as per usual..was as white as a ghost and stomach wasnt too happy:(:(

Fats were down 35mm since Xmas :D:D
    So I'm a very happy bunny!!! I think the best strategy for me is to chill out a bit about the dieting ie. not to be panicking about it, just make sure I'm getting enough protein and then just to get my fats checked regularly cos that generally keeps me in line.

Squats
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    30kg x 5
    40kg x 1
    50kg x 1
    60kg x 1
    70kg x 1
    75kg x 1
    80kg x 1:D:D This was a slooooow rep, kinda shifted forward on to my toes so it made it harder..but didnt feel like a grinder..even though it was sloooooow
    81kg x F
    81kg x F...wasn't happening

Bench
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    30kg x 5
    40kg x 1
    45kg x 1
    48kg x F
    48kg x F....dammit dammit dammit..once again...my bench is going nowhere!!

Pullups-4:(
    These are gonna be a top priority for the next while! All they need is a bit of focus and determination...and a plan!

Deadlift
    60kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    70kg x 3
    80kg x 1
    90kg x 1
    100kg x 1
    110kg x F:eek:
    110kg x F:eek::eek:...nothing...nada...zilch...zip...didnt even leave the ground!!

I kinda couldn't remember how I used to pull it. But on reflection I'm actually happy enough sticking to the new way of pulling it and just seeing how it goes in time. I'm in no rush and pretty happy to mess about with it.

So all in all, absolutely chuffed with the squats and the de-fatting of myself BUT I've A LOT of work to do!!!!

Going to keep chugging along with JUST the 4 days training a week..starting to get used to it
    What has happened in the last year that could have caused this?

It is quite strange actually because I've been getting emails from former IP members who are reporting similar results (or lack there of)...i.e that they are just going backwards and slipping further away from former PB's/PR's.

I'll have to think about it some more because all the people I am working with now just seem to be going from strength to strength...so weird :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Crewsterry

I don't know if posting in your log is the right thing to do Karla.

Mod snip. It's not, so I've deleted it. Please don't repeat it. If you have something you'd like to discuss with Will, PM him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

268863645_23e556259f.jpg

Advertisement