Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miss Piggys Battle for the Big Plates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Monday 5th December-Hockey

Only four down my end of the pitch tonight, poor attendance due to the cold and a good few of the girls having injuries. Was told that at their match at the weekend-FOUR girls were injured, stuff like broken hand, hockey ball to the face, sprained ankle and something else were at the top of the weekends‘ injury list……and here was me thinking that rugby was the injury prone sport :o:o
    Was actually great having only four down cos it meant that I once again got plenty of practise at just hitting a ball. I also felt like I had some sort of a teeny tiny notion as to what they were talking about tonight. Up to now everything was looking the exact same

swing, hit! Now, I’m kinda half remembering names of shots/swings, half recognising hand/ body positions and the like.
    These are a few snippets that made sense tonight…..the rest is waaaay beyond me.

When receiving a pass
    *Don’t tense grip cos then the ball will bounce, just hold lightly.
    **Angle the stick so that the bottom of the stick is facing forwards/other person.
    Swings
    *Full Swing-Two hands at the end of the stick and swing with a really loose grip
    *¾-Move left hand up from the bottom of the stick and pull the right in to join it, swing them same way.
    *Did another swing were ya lift the stick straight up and then swing with ¾ grip..like winding something up.

Practised a few other shots
    *Cant remember the name of it, but practised it loads last week, its were your stick grazes the ground fully and makes a circle.
    Lunge out really low on one leg, hands at the bottom of the stick and swing but you want your stick to be parrallel to the ground-no angles. I always forget the parallel part, need to really bend down further and let the stick to fully graze the ground-a nice, speedy powerful shot when done right.
    * Reverse shot-Hands at the bottom of the stick, lunge out on one leg and just whack the ball….lots said about angles and placement of stick on this…but it was lost on me…lunge and whack were my mental notes.

Going to make time during the week to practise dribbling the ball-havent had a chance to play with this and I think with a decent amount of practise it’ll come quickly.

Tuesday 6th December-C2

Mobility
    Reverse Lunges
    Cable Face Pulls
    Over and Unders
    Hurdle steps...getting easier
    Scap push ups
    Leg swings
    YTWs

Con Block-10mins
    50m sprints, every 30 sec
    Outdoors
    Max Hr: 219 Av Hr174

Work Block-15mins
    10 Box Jumps..slow, legs werent in jump mode:confused:
    10 T-Pushups..wrists got really sore doing these..either from hockey or the lack of pushups I've been doing lately
    5 Supported DB rows e/s 22.5kg
    10 rounds in 14.56
    Max: 191 Av:174

Con Block-10mins
    Outdoors
    Max HR: 222 Av HR:175

Work Block-15mins
    10 DB Swings 17.5kg
    10 DB Pushup Rows 7.5kg...they hurt
    10 rounds in 15.20mins....whoop whoop up 3 rounds
    Max HR:223 AV HR: 170

Con Block-10mins
    Outdoors
    Max Hr: 215 Av Hr: 177

Good session:) Really liking the cool weather

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

So judging by your max HR you're -3 years of age. What anti ageing formula are you using? I'm sick of all these goddamn grey hairs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Dead Ed wrote: »
    So judging by your max HR you're -3 years of age. What anti ageing formula are you using? I'm sick of all these goddamn grey hairs!

hahahahaha

genuine lol

Wednesday 7th December7

Mobility
    Reverse Lunges
    Cable Face Pulls
    Over and Unders
    Scap push ups
    Leg swings
    YTWs

Squats
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    30kg x 5
    40kg x 3
    53kg x 10
    53kg x 10
    53kg x 10
    53kg x 10
    Was a bit nervous about trying the 10's again after last time, but they actually felt grand enough!:)

Bench
    20kg x 12
    25kg x 12
    35kg x 10
    35kg x 9
    35kg x 7
    Bench was horrendous...I'm not a fan at all and it was just too bloody hard

Pullups
    3, 3, 3...and they were a struggle...super gay..I used to be able to knock out 3s as part of a Con Block..not any more. I really gotta put some extra effort in here.

Deadlifts
    Felt like I hadn't deadlifted in ages, so it all felt strange.
    60kg x 3
    65kg x 3
    70kg x 1
    75kg x 1
    80kg x 1
    85kg x 1...colossal amount of effort needed to break this from the floor:( Was a bit disappointed
    70kg x 3
    70kg x 3
    60kg x 5
    60kg x 5

Hanging Leg Raises
    Abs are still sooooo sore
    5 x 10

DB Side Bends
    22.5kg x 10/10
    22.5kg x 10/10
    22.5kg x 10/10
    22.5kg x 10/10
    22.5kg x 10/10

Bicep Curls...to keep the elbows happy
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10

Happy out!:)
    I probably should also get back to doing my 20mins cardio before strength...it has been neglected lately:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Will Heffernan

gymfreak wrote: »
    Wednesday 7th December7

Mobility
    Reverse Lunges
    Cable Face Pulls
    Over and Unders
    Scap push ups
    Leg swings
    YTWs

Squats
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    30kg x 5
    40kg x 3
    53kg x 10
    53kg x 10
    53kg x 10
    53kg x 10
    Was a bit nervous about trying the 10's again after last time, but they actually felt grand enough!:)

Bench
    20kg x 12
    25kg x 12
    35kg x 10
    35kg x 9
    35kg x 7
    Bench was horrendous...I'm not a fan at all and it was just too bloody hard

Pullups
    3, 3, 3...and they were a struggle...super gay..I used to be able to knock out 3s as part of a Con Block..not any more. I really gotta put some extra effort in here.

Deadlifts
    Felt like I hadn't deadlifted in ages, so it all felt strange.
    60kg x 3
    65kg x 3
    70kg x 1
    75kg x 1
    80kg x 1
    85kg x 1...colossal amount of effort needed to break this from the floor:( Was a bit disappointed
    70kg x 3
    70kg x 3
    60kg x 5
    60kg x 5

Hanging Leg Raises
    Abs are still sooooo sore
    5 x 10

DB Side Bends
    22.5kg x 10/10
    22.5kg x 10/10
    22.5kg x 10/10
    22.5kg x 10/10
    22.5kg x 10/10

Bicep Curls...to keep the elbows happy
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10

Happy out!:)
    I probably should also get back to doing my 20mins cardio before strength...it has been neglected lately:o
    Sounds like training is going well :)

Thursday 8th December-Hockey
    Have had a really, really tiring week workwise so basically woke up this morning shattered and achey.

Hockey was horrendously embarrassing. Numbers weren't massive so all the teams trained together.A lot of random games tonight and not much skill work because it was sooo cold.

First few games were all about creating space and possession of the ball. Didn't get a touch of the ball at all for this houreek.gifeek.gifeek.gif(no tackling allowed so just intercepting passes or receiving passes)....yeh that bad. In fairness I was happy enough to stay out of everyones way and just mark my player.

Got a few attempted passes to me during the last 20mins or so of training..but I kept thinking they werent for me..redface.gif..redface.gif....and mucked them all up..horrendous!!!

Got some practising to do at the weekend..get the confidence up so i can start calling for shots.

New conditioning programme for tomorrow...yes..I am excited :D:D I like new stuff!

Saturday 10th December-C1

Con Block -Had meant to push the sled today but there were trials/ training going on so the place was packed. Ended up on the rower

Rower -
    1km warm up
    5x200m efforts with 45 second recovery
    1. 47.9
    2. 47.7
    3. 48.2
    4. 47.7
    5. 48.4

Work Block 1 - 15mins
    5 e/s DB Lunges 12.5kg
    10 DB Curl and Press 5kg
    9 rounds in 15mins...that was just strange

Con Block - 10mins
    Rower
    -5x200m efforts with 45 second recovery
    1km warm up-
    1. 47.6
    2. 49.4
    3. 47.7
    4. 48.5
    5. 48.4

Work Block 2 - 15mins
    Barbell Complex-20kg bar
    Deadlift, Hang Clean, Front Squat, Push Press, Back Squat, Push Press

36 rounds in 15mins...yeh either I did something wrong (reps wise or something??) or else it wasnt heavy enough..I'll try it with 25kg next day

Con Block - 10mins
    Rower -5x200m efforts with 45 second recovery
    1km warm up-
    1. 48.4
    2. 47.5
    3. 47.9
    4. 48.5
    5. 48.5

Rowng is soooo annoying...I want to go really hard at it..but I can't cos I'm not good at it..makes no sense but it makes great sense to me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Did you only do 1 rep of each?

Sunday 11th December-Week 3 Day 2

Mobility

Reverse Lunges
    Horizontal Face Pulls
    Leg Swings
    Scap Push ups
    Over and Unders
    Hurdle Steps
    YTW

Squat
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    32kg x 5
    45kg x 3
    57kg x 8
    57kg x 8
    57kg x 8
    Body decided to stop co-operating :(:(
    57kg x F
    57kg x F
    49kg x failed after 5 reps...called it a day:(

The sets at 57kg just felt ridiculously hard....really was struggling. Things haven't felt THAT hard in a while so either my body gave up or the mind..but something gave up :(

Stupid video makes them look easier than they were

Bench

20kg x 5
    30kg x 5
    33kg x 5
    36kg x 5
    38kg x 5
    38kg x 5...left it at that

Pullups
    The less said the better

Deadlift
    Felt more in the groove than last day. Turned toes out more
    60kg x 5
    63kg x 5
    63kg x 5
    65kg x 5
    65kg x 5

Stiff Leg Deadlift..bar on the ground
    40kg x 12
    50kg x 12
    60kg x 12
    60kg x 12

Overhand BB holds
    63kg x 30sec
    65kg x 30sec
    67kg x 30sec....grand enough

I actually feel like re-doing that whole day....it just sucked too bad.
    Onwards and upwards!

• Advertisement

Ha... told you ya wimped out.

Also- bar rolling related to you wearing a hoody today?

Hanley wrote: »
    Ha... told you ya wimped out.

Also- bar rolling related to you wearing a hoody today?

I still haven't decided whether I wimped out or not, they were ridiculously HARD..there is a possiblity that my body could have just went on strike!!

And yup took the hoodie off after that set but bar was still tipping me around. I think in one of the sets, i may have leant a bit forward at the bottom and the bar rolled and tipped me forward.

Did you only do 1 rep of each?

:D
    Indeed!

I figured afterwards that it may have been a slight oversight on my part:D:D

But in fairness, I only do what I'm told..and Will didnt mention numbers..and my brain would not connect those dots.

:D
    Indeed!

I figured afterwards that it may have been a slight oversight on my part:D:D

But in fairness, I only do what I'm told..and Will didnt mention numbers..and my brain would not connect those dots.
    You did just fine.

Just go heavier next time....ideally I'd like you to get to the stage where the weight is significant enough that you struggle to get 1 complex done per minute.

You did just fine.

Just go heavier next time....ideally I'd like you to get to the stage where the weight is significant enough that you struggle to get 1 complex done per minute.

Okay, I can do that, 27.5kg-30kg next time methinks :) I can already seeing myself slowing down pretty quickly once there's a bit of weight on the bar cos it was easy to just chuck an empty bar around!

Monday 12th of December-C2

Went to hockey but noone else was there:confused::confused: Was in good form so decided to rush to the gym before it closed.

Had to train in Northwood today because it stays open later than the other gym.

Con Block-10mins
    Treadmill-think i started the pace at 12.5 and built up to 14.
    Haven't done this for conditioning in yooooonks...mainly cos I find it so tough.
    2.16km in 10mins=a sweaty mess
    Max HR 195 Av HR 178

Work Block 1-15mins
    5 Goblet Squat 27.5kg
    10 DB Pushups rows 7.5kg
    8 rounds in 14.46...can definitely get this faster, squats were easy.....just the pushup rows
    Max HR -199 Av HR-177

Con Block-10mins
    Treadmill
    Decided to give this a good bash but I did want to give up the ENTIRE way through. I havent done anything proper 'hard' in a good while and after yesterdays **** training session I kinda just felt like pushing hard and putting in a proper effort to see what i could do.
    2.35km in 10mins=a complete and utter mess
    Pretty good, think the furthest I've gotten on this block is 2.42kmish and that was when I was doing conditioning regularly.
    Max HR-201 AV HR-187

Yeh..I would have sat around for AAAAGES before doing the last block, was pure knackered and feeling a tad unwell..but gym was closing soon sooo.

Work Block-15mins
    10m Bounding
    10m Catapillar Walks-tried to do these with teeny tiny shuffling steps instead of my normal way:D
    Didn't have my yellow lines to show me where 10m was so just guessed
    ~16/17 rounds in 15mins
    Max HR -185 Av HR- 169

Wahoo! I feel like I'm a day ahead of myself:D Now, what to do tomorrow?!?

Tuesday 13th December
    Due to the new plan of only 2 con and 2 strength a week I had today to waste away messing:)

Step Muscle-30mins
    30mins of my life I'll never get back! All it was, was Stepping up and down and up and down and up and down on a step whilst holding 2kg dumbells....ooooh the BOREDOM!!

Step Class-45mins
    Much better, an actual step class. Cause I only go once in a blue moon it's great cause it's always a new routine for me

All set for a better day of squatting tomorrow!!!!!!:)

Tuesday 13th December
    Due to the new plan of only 2 con and 2 strength a week I had today to waste away messing:)

Step Muscle-30mins
    30mins of my life I'll never get back! All it was, was Stepping up and down and up and down and up and down on a step whilst holding 2kg dumbells....ooooh the BOREDOM!!

Step Class-45mins
    Much better, an actual step class. Cause I only go once in a blue moon it's great cause it's always a new routine for me

All set for a better day of squatting tomorrow!!!!!!:)
    So let me get this straight...you are cutting down your training volume....you are only doing 4 sessions a week now. Well....4 sessions per week plus 2 or 3 other days of training as well?

So let me get this straight...you are cutting down your training volume....you are only doing 4 sessions a week now. Well....4 sessions per week plus 2 or 3 other days of training as well?

I kinda thought they'd only count as messing and not really training.

Like in hockey all I do is attempt to whack a ball and jog around the pitch trying to look busy and in step I just bop about....no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

You seriously need to start job sharing.

• Advertisement

You seriously need to start job sharing.

Huh??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Just be glad it's not spinning......

...yet:pac:

G86 wrote: »
    Just be glad it's not spinning......

...yet:pac:

Just wait til I make the big switch to duathons/ triathalons....all those spin classes are bound to stand to me!!!:D

Wednesday 14th December

Mobility
    Reverse Lunges
    Cable Face Pulls
    Over and Unders
    Hurdle steps
    Scap push ups
    Leg swings
    YTWs

Squats
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    35kg x 5
    50kg x 3
    61kg x 6
    61kg x 6
    61kg x 6
    61kg x 6
    61kg x 6
    61kg x 6..core shaking a bit too much for my liking..but otherwise grand

Bench
    20kg x 12
    25kg x 12
    37kg x 8
    37kg x 8
    37kg x 8..tough enough but manageable

Pullups
    2, 2 ,2 , 2 , 2 , 2.

Deadlifts.....yawn!
    60kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    65kg x 5
    65kg x 5
    65kg x 5

Hanging Leg Raises
    3 x 10

DB Side Bends
    22.5kg x 10/10
    22.5kg x 10/10
    22.5kg x 10/10

Bicep Curls....completely forgot..dammit!

I have not stretched or foamrolled in daaaaays..may just do that tomorrow..before I start moaning about being sore

..before I start moaning about being sore

Ahem?

Ahem?

I don't moan...I merely state.

Thursday 15th December
    No Hockey tonight...decided to actually just stretch and foamroll instead of train:eek:

Also, the muscle twitching in my right quad is making for great amusement. been happening on and off for 2days now

Friday 16th December-C1

Con Block-Sled push

20 m Sled push +10kg
    10 in 10mins...still not where I want it to be..but moving in the right direction:) Legs had that weird 'full' feeling throughout

Work Block 1 - 15mins
    5 e/s DB Lunges 12.5kg
    10 DB Curl and Press 5kg
    10 rounds in 15mins...up a round:)
    My poor wee forearms

Con Block - 10mins
    20 m Sled push +10kg
    10 in 10.40mins

Work Block 2 - 15mins
    Barbell Complex-27kg...was too afraid to try anything heavier

Deadlift, Hang Clean, Front Squat, Push Press, Back Squat, Push Press
    Hardest/most terrifying part is transitioning between the push press and the back squat..terrifies the life outta me.
    21rounds in 14.38mins
    Lower Back was reaaaaaaaaly pumped doing this..was actually slowing me down.

Con Block - 10mins
    Sled Drag + 50kg
    8 rounds in 10mins

Foamrolling

I enjoyed that today!:)

Sunday 18th December

Mobility
    Reverse Lunges
    Cable Face Pulls
    Over and Unders
    Hurdle steps...smashed my shin off the bar again.
    Scap push ups
    Leg swings
    YTWs

Squats
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    35kg x 5
    50kg x 3
    64kg x 4 (8 sets)
    With a 64kg x 3 + F somewhere in the middle..just technically all over the place on that one.

Bench
    20kg x 12
    25kg x 12
    30kg x 5
    35kg x 5
    39kg x 5
    39kg x 5
    39kg x 5...werent the easiest but not rock hard either

Pullups
    2, (9 sets)

Deadlift
    60kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    65kg x 5
    70kg x 5
    75kg x 5
    80kg x 3..hard enough

Stiff Leg Deadlift..bar on the ground
    60kg x 12
    ran outta time :(

Overhand BB holds
    67kg x 30sec
    67kg x 30sec
    69kg x 30sec

Happy out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

13 sets of squats and then deads? Fair play!

• Advertisement

Dathai wrote: »
    13 sets of squats and then deads? Fair play!

Would only have been 12sets if I hadnt been stoopid and started shuffling my feet!

And the deadlifting is uber light..so it's nothing big at all!

Advertisement