Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter X Tekken is for REAL!

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Giefs command grab was fine in SF4, at best he's mid tier in AE, without it he would be trash. DP's could be mashed on block as well you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Gemwise I quite liked the setup the dev kits had in Cannes.

Every character had a set-up with 3 Power, 3 Defence and 3 Speed (maybe a fourth for the blues? Don't remember, I mostly went with the first three).

It would be cool if you could set a dipswitch in the main menu which was like:

Playing at home
    OR
    Console being used at a tournament

The former would save your custom set-ups for characters, and the latter would default to something similar to what they had in Cannes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,980 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I reckon the tournament mode might sort the gems logistics problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

The thing is the default gems are weak compared to the dlc gems. The default gems are almost worthless.

bush wrote:
    The thing is the default gems are weak compared to the dlc gems. The default gems are almost worthless.

Yeah this is bad form from Capcom, they made several statements saying DLC Gems would offer no advantage over default gems. At least at tournaments we can just ban them. But it sucks when playing online.

I'm kinda of meh on this now.
    From a gameplay perspective, it feels slow and clunky. Moves seem laggier and hitstun seems to last forever.
    I also dislike how ass throws are as well.
    Far too many time outs. They could possibly address this by reducing the amount of recoverable life and freezing the timer during the start up of Super/Cross Arts and pandora activation. I don't think this is a matter of not knowning how to do damage at this stage. Even the pro's are saying its an issue.
    Long juggle and combo's making you wait ages before you can get back to playing. Feels like everyone is Sakura in this game.
    Jab pressure seems abit silly at the moment.
    Not really sure what to make of forward roll either.

Online sound issues need to be address. Bugs and infinites need to be looked at as well.

I'm not really bothered about the whole DLC on the disc thing. But if Capcom had a seperate budget for the DLC, they should of assigned more of to the QA department.

On the postives though.
    No E.Honda. Thats a major plus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Azza wrote: »
    No E.Honda. Thats a major plus.
    Dude, I never even noticed that. Going out to buy a copy of this game right now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah the game clearly needs more QA.

It's fun playing Guile with combo options though. On the other hand, I still play SSF4 more than I do SFxT. In a weird way I like the harder links, feel more of a bad ass when you can do them consistently.

I think you can almost reliably call when a time out is about to happen- if you get your point character out when he's still able to recover to over 75% of his life, and your opponent manages the same, it's likely.

bush wrote: »

We'll have to see which new gems capcom are giving out for free. If they're as strong as the dlc gems and equalise it, I don't really mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Yeah the game clearly needs more QA.

It's fun playing Guile with combo options though. On the other hand, I still play SSF4 more than I do SFxT. In a weird way I like the harder links, feel more of a bad ass when you can do them consistently.

I think you can almost reliably call when a time out is about to happen- if you get your point character out when he's still able to recover to over 75% of his life, and your opponent manages the same, it's likely.

This has been happening a fair bit, got a huge session in last night and was getting a lot of time outs against dudes who attack with one character then run like hell with the other. I was consistently kicking ass with King/Nina though :D, nina seems to have a really easy confirm into Ultra (or super or whatnot)
    ex wheel kick (qcb kk) or corner juggle - lp+mk overhead - qcf PPP

does great damage and King seems to be a good meter builder. Going back to what I said earlier I'm now convinced that having Guy and Fei/Mak missing in SFxT was a good thing cause King is fun as hell and Nina seems interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Danonino. wrote: »
    This has been happening a fair bit, got a huge session in last night and was getting a lot of time outs against dudes who attack with one character then run like hell with the other. I was consistently kicking ass with King/Nina though :D, nina seems to have a really easy confirm into Ultra (or super or whatnot)
    ex wheel kick (qcb kk) or corner juggle - lp+mk overhead - qcf PPP

does great damage and King seems to be a good meter builder. Going back to what I said earlier I'm now convinced that having Guy and Fei/Mak missing in SFxT was a good thing cause King is fun as hell and Nina seems interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Computer science degree? Nah, son, journalism.:D

(Totally not a shameless plug :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Timer definitely needs slowed down, it's absurd as it is.

Out of all rounds I've played that didn't end in a timeout probably about 80% would have if one party didn't start playing really recklessly in a desperate bid to avoid the impending timeout loss.

Timer definitely needs slowed down, it's absurd as it is.

Out of all rounds I've played that didn't end in a timeout probably about 80% would have if one party didn't start playing really recklessly in a desperate bid to avoid the impending timeout loss.

I don't mean to be smart, but are you playing Guile in SFxT? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Slower timer would help.

I think a snapback would also help. Half the people I play just go Character A until last 25% and then Character B until death. There's no risk to letting a character nearly die and then tagging them out. Snapback would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,980 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Snapback would be a good idea. Would need to cost at least two bars though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I don't mean to be smart, but are you playing Guile in SFxT? :D

Nah I've been trying to get away from maining Guile, I'm just not boring patient enough to use him correctly. :pac:

Even with no keepaway characters on the field there just isn't time to play smart if the round isn't sealed by a few bad guesses early on.

Snapback would too strong, considering you only need to kill one character.

Maybe make it 2 meter then- it'd become a choice between super or snapback.

Depends on how it works. As above you could have it cost two or three meters. Alternatively it could have a bounce back so it leaves both people at fullish screen meaning that you could play with nearly dead character or just hardtag out again and be at risk of a punish.

I'd like if they did something to the rate the character recovers life instead.
    Make it a slower recovery time or make the amount recoverable less maybe... just shooting wildly here

• Advertisement

Ar, from what I've watched and the little I've played I'd look to the health recover to be the main problem. Lower the amount of red health you retain and the speed they get it back at would probably fix a lot of problems - but not all. I'd still say timeouts will be an issue, just less of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It's weird how the Tekken Tag-style health is only an issue in this game, and not in TTT itself.

Haven't played Tekken Tag but the concern here is the amount of time outs. The health system is a contributor. Probably the bigger issue is the speed of the timer and as result of this the fact supers/cross arts don't pause the clock and run down a lot of time.

I would like snapbacks as I dislike a tag game without some way to use a weak secondary character against my opponent.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    It's weird how the Tekken Tag-style health is only an issue in this game, and not in TTT itself.

well in tekken, especially since the introduction of the crush and bound system in 6, combos tend to do in the vicinity of 40% to 55%, more if there's walls involved. Also tekken, or any 3d fighters, is always played with the two characters very close to each other which means it's harder to lame someone out.

Orim wrote: »
    as result of this the fact supers/cross arts don't pause the clock and run down a lot of time.
    This is definitely an issue. Supers take ****ing forever in this game, even by SF4 standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

A team super from akuma into jin is one of the most salt inducing things ever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

bush wrote: »
    A team super from akuma into jin is one of the most salt inducing things ever

Fu Doyler :pac:

heihachi is a bastard.. that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Don't know if this is just me but it seems like every person I connect to now whether they're from IReland, UK, US, Chile or Brazil the game shows it as a perfect bar connection. Quite annoying as now most of my games are horrible lagfests. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That overhead that Raven has is hilarious :p

Advertisement