Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter X Tekken is for REAL!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Liquidswords

There's enough characters in the game already, there's 38 characters in the game. seeing you play a team consisting of two characters you have 76 match ups to learn to become competent. That's more than enough already, Namco realised this and it's the reason you can play a single character in the new Tekken Tag game.

Who in the name of f**k really wants to try and learn 100 match ups from the jump? Jesus Christ...

The 12 DLC characters are on the disc to save Capcom the cost of a physical release and ensure online compatibility, they'll probably retail for 1200 MS points which is at most a third of what you'd pay for a new retail update. Therefore it saves the hardcore audience (you) money as well. Even at 2400 you'd be spending a fair bit less.

And besides Dudley they're a pack of f**k boy characters anyway.

Nerds and their blind rage...

Over something they only discovered through hacking the disc and... being nerds.

50smh.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

There's enough characters in the game already, there's 38 characters in the game. seeing you play a team consisting of two characters you have 76 match ups to learn to become competent. That's more than enough already, Namco realised this and it's the reason you can play a single character in the new Tekken Tag game.

Who in the name of f**k really wants to try and learn 100 match ups from the jump? Jesus Christ...
    Still fewer matchups than in Marvel or KOF, and I don't see anyone complaining about having to learn all of those.

The 12 DLC characters are on the disc to save Capcom the cost of a physical release and ensure online compatibility, they'll probably retail for 1200 MS points which is at most a third of what you'd pay for a new retail update. Therefore it saves the hardcore audience (you) money as well. Even at 2400 you'd be spending a fair bit less.
    You actually believe that PR bull****?
    Because it sure as hell wasn't necessary for any other game I know of.
    And you're speculating on the price.
    KEEP IT CLASSY.

Over something they only discovered through hacking the disc and... being nerds.

50smh.gif
    Our rage is not blind.
    And you have some nerve calling legitimately angry consumers "nerds".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

50smh.gif

You should post more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

People have this weird idea that they're entitled to all the data contained on the disc when you buy a game. You're not. You're paying for what's advertised - if there's separate content encrypted or otherwise contained on the disc, you have no right to get it for free. You paid for the game and you have it.

Whether the DLC is on the disc or not, it was explicitly designed under a DLC budget, and from the start was going to be optional paid content. It would not exist otherwise.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Bottom line is Capcom or any other developer is allowed sell you the content whatever way they want.

If you feel its bad value or your being ripped off, don't buy the additional content. Vote with your wallet. As long as Capcom are making money they are going to keep do it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Out of curiousity, how much will the gem packs be?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    People have this weird idea that they're entitled to all the data contained on the disc when you buy a game. You're not. You're paying for what's advertised - if there's separate content encrypted or otherwise contained on the disc, you have no right to get it for free. You paid for the game and you have it.

Whether the DLC is on the disc or not, it was explicitly designed under a DLC budget, and from the start was going to be optional paid content. It would not exist otherwise.

Capcom screwed-up when they showed Cody and Guy as cool characters in the game 7 months before release.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Liquidswords

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Still fewer matchups than in Marvel or KOF, and I don't see anyone complaining about having to learn all of those.

KEEP IT CLASSY.
    Our rage is not blind.

Maybe because Marvel is a joke game and a grand total of 7 people in the western hemisphere are checking for KOF. The only reason for anybody here to take either seriously is to duck the strong competition under the false pretense of SF being a scrubby game.

Irony.

The DLC is on the disc to ensure compatibility, there is no conspiracy to rob anyone of anything. Those who choose not to purchase the characters can still play against them online and learn the match ups. That is a genuine consideration for tournament players on Capcoms behalf and not some PR bulls**t.

There's no reason other than blind nerd rage for anyone to be legitimately upset about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Burnout, BlazBlue, etc all did pretty good jobs at having patches to allow compatibility with DLC characters/cars that were finished well after release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Kiki, did you even buy the game?

Or are you just reading srk and raging for the sake of rage? (Or staring at the display boxes in Xtravision and crying "Why, Capcom, WHY!" with your fist clenched in the air.

Orims post covers all my views so I won't harp on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

KEEP IT CLASSY.
    Our rage is not blind.

Some match ups are terrible in Marvel 3, I've heard people who love it moan about plenty. I believe Sent/ Wolvie for one is horribad.

I would dare say the large no of character match ups to learn is mitigated by the requirements of team synergy reducing the number of actual characters you see at tournament level.

I personally don't like the DLC characters in KoF. You know what I did? I didn't buy them. I also managed not to tear strips off KoF because I enjoy the game.

You call it PR bull****. Go ask the MK fans about their online woes due to non compatability.

And kiki, I don't know how to break this to you, but you are a nerd. So am I. We're discussing DLC cost for a video game we play with our custom modified sticks on an internet forum. I'm named after a comic book character. Spade a spade here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Maybe because Marvel is a joke game and a grand total of 7 people in the western hemisphere are checking for KOF. The only reason for anybody here to take either seriously is to duck the strong competition under the false pretense of SF being a scrubby game.

or they just don't like street fighter ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

So Cobelcog wasn't going crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Some match ups are terrible in Marvel 3, I've heard people who love it moan about plenty. I believe Sent/ Wolvie for one is horribad.

I would dare say the large no of character match ups to learn is mitigated by the requirements of team synergy reducing the number of actual characters you see at tournament level.

Marvel has believable 8:2 match ups for christs sake
    Magneto/Haggar
    Sentinel/Most of the small fast cast
    XF4 Wesker/everyone else is more 9:1 against him

It's a silly game, but a damn fun one:D
    anyway...

The DLC is not ours, otherwise I'm sure we would have it, like it was mentioned before in this thread we are entitled to what was advertised to us, not the content they avoided to tell us about that was leaked

Everybody here to some degree or another is a big nerd

You have any doubts?, turn around an take a look at your brady guides and joystick:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

GorySnake wrote: »
    So Cobelcog wasn't going crazy
    Him being right about one thing doesn't prove anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

And kiki, I don't know how to break this to you, but you are a nerd. So am I. We're discussing DLC cost for a video game we play with our custom modified sticks on an internet forum. I'm named after a comic book character. Spade a spade here :D

Classic...the harsh blinding light of reality.

A-Trak wrote: »
    Kiki, did you even buy the game?

Or are you just reading srk and raging for the sake of rage? (Or staring at the display boxes in Xtravision and crying "Why, Capcom, WHY!" with your fist clenched in the air.

Orims post covers all my views so I won't harp on.
    I am voting with my wallet.

Capcom are not getting my money for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Dreddybajs wrote: »

QFT

Regarding the DLC costume glitch, I have contacted a supervisor and we will initiate a quick fix

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I wouldn't be surprised at any input glitches, the lenient inputs feel even worse than before, I can't see why they can't just provide an option in your controller settings or whatever to use stricter (proper) inputs.

On the costumes though, I'd actually be thankful if they're sold individually for under a quid each. I like a couple here and there but I refuse to pay for big packs of stuff containing very few things I actually want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Planned obsolescence.

Only those with chipped xboxes have the full game. Regardless of whether dlc is right or wrong, SFxT has a Best Before Date stamped on it from Day 0.

If that doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth it should, more than most gaming genres we're a community. One company above all looms large, to almost the point of a monopoly. They're using their position in an aggressively negative way, after benefiting immensely from the community they are now disrespecting.

There is a tangible difference between additional content, an add-on for a game, an update, and turning a game, the default community leading game, into a shop window.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

I wouldn't be surprised at any input glitches, the lenient inputs feel even worse than before, I can't see why they can't just provide an option in your controller settings or whatever to use stricter (proper) inputs.

On the costumes though, I'd actually be thankful if they're sold individually for under a quid each. I like a couple here and there but I refuse to pay for big packs of stuff containing very few things I actually want.

Apparently they'll be £0.79 per character (leaked early on European PSN) which I think is pretty fair since I'll only be buying three or four and I can choose precisely which ones I want unlike Marvel, where I had to shell out for four or five character's costumes at a time when all I wanted was one or two. I really hope for Capcom's sake that the extra colours will be free.

Neeknak wrote: »
    Apparently they'll be £0.79 per character (leaked early on European PSN) which I think is pretty fair since I'll only be buying three or four and I can choose precisely which ones I want unlike Marvel, where I had to shell out for four or five character's costumes at a time when all I wanted was one or two. I really hope for Capcom's sake that the extra colours will be free.

hahahaha.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Gears of War 3 breaks everytime a new map pack is released. The matchmaking becomes completely for a couple of days. Possibly because Epic didn't want to deal with this backlash so it means that for an entire weekend every so often some people aren't able to play the game online.

Maybe other games can do it better but it does happen. But then maybe other games don't have people hacking them to find something to get into a blind rage.
    Our rage is not blind.

Your rage is pretty blind as you are arguing from an extremely emotional POV that really doesn't make a lot of logical sense. I mean do you boycott every product that comes out that has extra content taken out before release? Because nearly every book, film, anything you buy will have extra content that is removed prior to launch with some the intention of re-selling the "complete, uncut, super-duper" version and some for other reasons such as pacing or just making the product more sellable.

As I've said previously the main problem here is that we don't know the full story behind any of this. Some of it might be pure greed but I'd sincerely doubt it. I would say the goal is to make as much money as possible. You don't do that by pissing people off but sometimes it's needed to make the product as cheap as possible or as effective as possible or whatever.

Finally it's good that you haven't bought it. Don't buy it second-hand either. Stand by your convinctions. Look at the vanilla Marvel costume packs. They sold terribly so they stopped releasing them. At least as far I remember.
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    Capcom screwed-up when they showed Cody and Guy as cool characters in the game 7 months before release.

They didn't show them as playable characters though. The decision to make them playable and work on them may have come after they got a good reaction on that trailer.

From this argument you might as well argue that Yun and Yang should have been in vanilla 4 because they were in Chuns intro. So Yun and Yang were ON THE DISC!!!!1!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

FutureGuy wrote: »

They did say they where late for the party

Orim wrote: »

They didn't show them as playable characters though. The decision to make them playable and work on them may have come after they got a good reaction on that trailer.

From this argument you might as well argue that Yun and Yang should have been in vanilla 4 because they were in Chuns intro. So Yun and Yang were ON THE DISC!!!!1!!!

Also, everyone is forgetting Hagar was also in that trailer. Why are people not going mental about the fact he's not in the game or DLC, if the logic of the angered people is that this trailer counts as a reveal? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

On disc DLC is probably alot more common than anyone wants to admit. Look at Mortal Kombat all of their DLC was on disc that we had to pay for [despite Boon saying that if their was on disc DLC it would be free] so the whole outrage against Capcom silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    On disc DLC is probably alot more common than anyone wants to admit. Look at Mortal Kombat all of their DLC was on disc that we had to pay for [despite Boon saying that if their was on disc DLC it would be free] so the whole outrage against Capcom silly.
    I guess people just didn't expect any better from the NetherRealm Studios, but it seems with all this that soon enough we'll all be saying "We don't expect any better from Capcom" about future titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Go ask the MK fans about their online woes due to non compatability.

the woes off mk online is more to do with the netcode that anything else to be honest. just frame escapes become infins and jumping is free most the time

the compatability issues are a mix off lazy people or trolls with fake accounts(more so on psn as its free) not bothering to download the FREE compatability packs that also give you FREE costumes

• Advertisement

the compatability issues are a mix off lazy people or trolls with fake accounts(more so on psn as its free) not bothering to download the FREE compatability packs that also give you FREE costumes

Yes, and that's the exact issue that having the characters on the disc resolve... so everyone should be happy.

Advertisement