Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter X Tekken is for REAL!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

I think that's the main reason for the 2v2 choice. Mr. Wizard isn't that high on the game anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

At the very least it will be interesting to see a major tournament decided on Teamwork and Communication (Not things the FGC is famous for), as opposed to purely player skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'm pretty sure tournaments have been decided based on teamwork and communication before and Justin got a yellow card for it. :pac:

Hahaha! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure tournaments have been decided based on teamwork and communication before and Justin got a yellow card for it. :pac:
    God damn delicious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Was I imagining this or did I read that future Gems would be free?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Azure_sky wrote: »
    Was I imagining this or did I read that future Gems would be free?

Some are free, some are paid.

There's some free ones already available I think.

On another note, I am encountering waaaaay more hatemail in SFxT than I did early on with SF4. Two people questioned my sexuality in multiple ways last night alone and then threatened to engage in intercourse with me (I assume because they themselves are of the sexual orientation they said I was?) for being a lame runaway wanker.

That much, of course, is true. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Gems = Crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Two people questioned my sexuality in multiple ways last night alone and then threatened to engage in intercourse with me (I assume because they themselves are of the sexual orientation they said I was?) for being a lame runaway wanker.

That much, of course, is true. :)

Street Fighter X Deliverance.:D

1189214541_2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

watching this at summerslam and 2v2 seems like a l,m,h fest. The only way this is gonna be entertaining at evo is if mike ross and combofiend commentate the whole tournament

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    watching this at summerslam and 2v2 seems like a l,m,h fest. The only way this is gonna be entertaining at evo is if mike ross and combofiend commentate the whole tournament

I'd totally watch it if they did though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Hey guys,

Just picked this up yesterday, had been meaning to for a while. Always been better at Tekken rather than Street fighter but enjoy the games nonetheless.

Was playing arcade mode last night and had the network fight thing on? where you can get called into online battles? Well after a humilating 17 losses in a row from two different players, it's obvious I need some help, tips etc.

I'll be going through the thread later but i'm really having trouble with connecting launchers, and activating the damn pandora thing. :P

Is there anything you can do when you're caught in the middle of a 20 hit juggle? Is the key just keep playing? Any tips for a (and it pains me to say it) n00b?

Interesting Q&A thing with the new SFxT producer

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/may/13/capcom-considering-drastic-changes-street-fighter-x-tekken-talks-darkstalkers-and-sf4/

Apparently they're planning a "massive balance overhaul".

I knew response to this game was more negative than usual, but that article is one of the most overwhelming negative list of questions I've seen yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,987 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

RedXIV wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Just picked this up yesterday, had been meaning to for a while. Always been better at Tekken rather than Street fighter but enjoy the games nonetheless.

Was playing arcade mode last night and had the network fight thing on? where you can get called into online battles? Well after a humilating 17 losses in a row from two different players, it's obvious I need some help, tips etc.

I'll be going through the thread later but i'm really having trouble with connecting launchers, and activating the damn pandora thing. :P

Is there anything you can do when you're caught in the middle of a 20 hit juggle? Is the key just keep playing? Any tips for a (and it pains me to say it) n00b?

Pandora is mostly useless at the moment so forget about it.

Join our irc chat at #irishfightinggames on quakenet to get help in real time. Most active in the evenings after six.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Interesting Q&A thing with the new SFxT producer

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/may/13/capcom-considering-drastic-changes-street-fighter-x-tekken-talks-darkstalkers-and-sf4/

Apparently they're planning a "massive balance overhaul".

I knew response to this game was more negative than usual, but that article is one of the most overwhelming negative list of questions I've seen yet.
    OUCH.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Nice to read. I've always believed this game wasn't beyond saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Capcom: sales of Street Fighter x Tekken "have fallen short of our plan"

"Blames cannibalism of fighting game genre."

Oh, I can think of a lot of other things you can blame this on...

Capcom: sales of Street Fighter x Tekken "have fallen short of our plan"

"Blames cannibalism of fighting game genre."

Oh, I can think of a lot of other things you can blame this on...

I think making industry analysis/predictions based on specific community reactions is kind of inaccurate.

The people complaining about on-disc DLC and unbalance in the game are ultimately a very small percentage as they are (1) Hardcore players (2) Who bought the game.

Someone whining they don't like the game they bought is still a sale.

I think it was Filipino Champ who said something along the lines of "Marvel 3 sold 2 million copies. Marvel at Evo had a few hundred entrants, with a few thousand watching on stream. Where are the other 1,998,000 people who bought the game? Do they even know we have events like this?"

Which is a very valid question. "Probably not" is the likely answer.

It seems like most of the anti-SFxT sentiment we're seeing expressed is coming from Capcom fans (or people who call them "Crapcom" but still buy all their games :pac:).

99% of actual the sales is going to come from people who don't post on forums like this one, don't go to SRK, don't "Believe in tiers" and hell, probably don't understand that it's Capcom and not "Xbox" who makes the game they buy.

The most likely explanation for these people not buying is just that they bought a lot of fighters recently, and can't be arsed to buy more.

In that respect Capcom are probably right.

I think making industry analysis/predictions based on specific community reactions is kind of inaccurate.

The people complaining about on-disc DLC and unbalance in the game are ultimately a very small percentage as they are (1) Hardcore players (2) Who bought the game.

Someone whining they don't like the game they bought is still a sale.

I think it was Filipino Champ who said something along the lines of "Marvel 3 sold 2 million copies. Marvel at Evo had a few hundred entrants, with a few thousand watching on stream. Where are the other 1,998,000 people who bought the game? Do they even know we have events like this?"

Which is a very valid question. "Probably not" is the likely answer.

It seems like most of the anti-SFxT sentiment we're seeing expressed is coming from Capcom fans (or people who call them "Crapcom" but still buy all their games :pac:).

99% of actual the sales is going to come from people who don't post on forums like this one, don't go to SRK, don't "Believe in tiers" and hell, probably don't understand that it's Capcom and not "Xbox" who makes the game they buy.

The most likely explanation for these people not buying is just that they bought a lot of fighters recently, and can't be arsed to buy more.

In that respect Capcom are probably right.

I don't think it's as black and white as that, SFxT's bad press went as far as all the popular gaming sites. My gamer friends (who know I loveFGs but don't play them themselves anything more than casually) were making lots of "SFxT LOL" jokes at the time. There was 4 or 5 potential sales lost right there.

• Advertisement

I don't think it's as black and white as that, SFxT's bad press went as far as all the popular gaming sites. My gamer friends (who know I loveFGs but don't play them themselves anything more than casually) were making lots of "SFxT LOL" jokes at the time. There was 4 or 5 potential sales lost right there.

Yeah, once I saw this comic appear on a primarily Team Fortress 2 based webcomic, I knew the community relations nightmare had gone further than normal:

http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/725

But you still can't underestimate the vast majority of the casual gaming market, who are the people who don't read websites, forums, webcomics or anything like this.

These are the people who just go to game-store employees and say "Here is €60, what is a good new game?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

But you still can't underestimate the vast majority of the casual gaming market, who are the people who don't read websites, forums, webcomics or anything like this.

These are the people who just go to game-store employees and say "Here is €60, what is a good new game?"

And for those people all fighting games are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Orim wrote: »
    And for those people all fighting games are the same.
    And those people will never play Skullgirls :(

Nah, there's 3 kinds of fighter for them:
    "Street Fighter" (oldschool 2D), "Tekken" (3D) and "baby fighters" (all the supremely balanced, fanservice-heavy 2D fighters)
    (Like Melty Blood).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Yreval wrote: »

Just when you thought things couldn't get worse, can they roll back to the last patch ?, otherwise EVO is screwed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Can't decide whether to laugh or cry.

J0hnick wrote: »
    Just when you thought things couldn't get worse, can they roll back to the last patch ?, otherwise EVO is screwed

Nah, just ban Rolento.

No, no, even better.
    Keep Rolento.
    But ban everyone with a fireball!

Everyone wins!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Just drop the game altogether, that would help set a precendent.

Shame it won't happen as Capcom are probably funding half of Evo for SFxT to be there in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Fully agree Doom.

@UberPrinny_Baal

I can speak about a few lost sales among my friends and I. Nothing to do with cannibalism, everything to do with Capcom's handling of this game. I really like fighting games, but I'm nowhere near hardcore like some people in this community. I didn't buy the game.

I know I'm only talking about a few lost sales, but don't underestimate the amount of people like me and my friends around the world who reacted the same way as Doom's friends did.

Advertisement