Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter X Tekken is for REAL!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Does anyone know when the first dlc is due, even pics or themes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Free colour packs and quick combos are available for download now.
    Costume are also up - €1 each or €13 for a full set of SF or Tekken.

April 10th will have Tournament Mode and fixes to the online sound issues - but you'll all be buying Skullgirls that day so it hardly matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

The neon colours are horrid. So many bright yellow/pink monstrosities. Did see an Incredible Hulk scheme Hugo that was pretty rocking!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

just got around to playing this for the first time, i was under the impression the color changing would have more freedom, anyway....all in all its great fun

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

If not for console bans, I would be so there. :/

wow new color packs are great ! hulk ryu
    post screens if your creations !
    i assume ppl can see your character customisation online? unlike 3s?

edit: wow, too tacky

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

not liking the stupid luminous colours. i honestly did even realise which character i was fightiing at one stage today( until i got a dp in the face).

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

jesus bison got hit with the nerf bat big time in this game :(
    utter garbage

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

the shafting of Xbox continues:

http://ie.vita.ign.com/articles/122/1222609p1.html

Street Fighter x Tekken on Vita isn't just a port of the console versions. Speaking at its Captivate event in Rome, Capcom confirmed that the Vita version will include twelve new playable characters. While the characters will eventually come to PlayStation 3 as downloadable content, players who connect their PlayStation 3 with their Vita will be able to unlock them immediately.

So if you buy the Vita version you get the DLC for free on PS3!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Thats actually pretty cool. They already bought the game twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

bush wrote: »
    Thats actually pretty cool. They already bought the game twice.
    What about those that buy it for the Vita and their 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

the shafting of Xbox continues:

http://ie.vita.ign.com/articles/122/1222609p1.html

So if you buy the Vita version you get the DLC for free on PS3!
    No, Doomy.

You get the DLC "free"... if you spend an extra 290+ euro on a PS Vita (with necessary, proprietary memory card & a game).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah that's what he said Kiki, you get it free.

Sairus wrote: »
    What about those that buy it for the Vita and their 360?

Tough luck I suppose.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

People still care about this silly game?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Darachnid

I played two games earlier, first one was against Fergus and Spider'sum****... kunts a 'B's already.... I had enough time to realise that the update fixed the sound before I got 'hammered' and ripped the game out of it's socket and flung it back in it's box. Laters, chumps.... maybe when the world is ending in a fiery blaze, I may just put the disk back in to replenish the bad memories and why it it is best to leave this world.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I was in HMV over the weekend and had Street Fighter X Tekken in one hand and Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 in the other. I picked Street Fighter X Tekken and played it for the first time last night... I think I might have made a mistake.

What's the general opinion on this game here? I flicked back through a few pages but I mostly find comments concerning the dlc issues. Has anyone who played both think one is better than the other?

I think SFxT is all right. It's probably not fair to compare it to UMvC3 as that game is the second in a series and had an awful lot of balancing work done on it because of that. Nerfing of phoenix, removal of the damage dhc glitch, nerfing of X Factor, it all added up.

I'd prefer a lot of the core mechanics in SFxT but I'd guess UMvC3 is the better made game, if you get me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Thanks for the reply.

I'm more of a casual beat'em up player and although I do like the tutorials and trial layouts presented in STxT I'll probably swap it out for UMvC3 as, from playing MvC3, it appears easier to get the hang of.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply.

I'm more of a casual beat'em up player and although I do like the tutorials and trial layouts presented in STxT I'll probably swap it out for UMvC3 as, from playing MvC3, it appears easier to get the hang of.

If you like MvC, there's no reason not to buy UMvC, it's cheap and there's a crap ton of new content.

The people who were moaning about it at the time are no where to be heard now and the game has a thriving scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

"Expert Input" gem has been announced, guess I'll shelve that massive post I was cooking up about using gems sensibly to fix the game. :pac:

Obviously the dirty beggars will probably charge for it but I'd sure vote for having it as standard on every tourney machine and all other gems remaining banned forever until the game dies(which should be any moment now).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

SFxT is ****

I've been playing it a bit lately, I hate playing charge chars in it. Buffering is difficult because you charge cancel if you try it.

I'm hovering between using Ryu, gief, Jin or just playing Parasoul in Skullgirls.

ive only played the game twice, can some one explain why its crap. In general or is it the game mechanics/broken ?

Dudley, you dawg you!
    Placebo wrote: »
    ive only played the game twice, can some one explain why its crap. In general or is it the game mechanics/broken ?

Well, the PR handling of the game from the start has lead to a lot of bad sentiment against it. The locked content on the disc and the poor online experience, for example, although it's better now.

In game, there's a problem with time outs- even matches between top players will often run to time out. Most people reckon it's because red/grey health recovers too fast.

Hitstun is all wacky, leading to certain characters being able to abuse jab block strings. Plenty of people seem to hate that.

The gem situation. The rumours are the paid gems are superior to the ones in game, which really goes against everything FGs are built around. the tournament patch doesn't seem to have changed any minds on banning gems.

The game was shipped with a large number of bugs and infinites, such as Jins overhead juggle and Kazuyas infinite on large characters. The game also shipped with a very perciptible input bug, which is pretty awful for pad players.

Pandora and royal rumble mode were rendered completely weak, which I have to agree with Ultradavid on, probably because the mechanics are bad and had to be left nerfed to the point of uselessness or they would be hugely overpowered.

Basically, to me, the game was undercooked and shipped early, there's a lot of little stuff needs looking at. It's still fun, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Personally Farz, I'm cool with the whole gems/dlc/infinites thing. Doesn't bother me a bit, but I didn't buy the game.

My only bias against SFxT is that I got to play it early and it feels like a weird halfway point between SF4 (which I like) and Marvel 3 (which I don't like).

I simply didn't enjoy my time with it.

The game is boring as ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I think it has the best fighting engine of any game currently doing the rounds, but some system designs, both UI and in-game mechanics are holding it back.

Those issues will probably be patched in time though.

2v2 Teams should be the standard format. Most fun by far.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Poor SFxTK. There's a great game in there somewhere, you just have to dig through so much ****e to find it.

Advertisement