Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter X Tekken is for REAL!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Danonino. wrote: »
    I have this since Friday but due to moving house STILL haven't played it :'(

Its been easily a month since I last held an arcade stick.... I'm still getting the shakes. Cold Turkey has been cruel.

It'll all be worth it when you shoot off your first combo...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I had this pre-ordered and exchanged without playing. Not because of the DLC saga, though I was unhappy that Cody was locked, but because like Burning Eclipse I mainly wanted to play couch co-op. Or at least, I wanted it to be part of the deal as they were advertising.

What's annoying me about Capcom is that they seem to be seeing how far they can push things before taking a step back. It's happened with SOPA where they finally gave a wishy-washy statement about supporting those who support them. MvC3 had no spectator mode, but yet eight months later it became possible to put it in game. And the couch co-op takes the biscuit. They knew at some stage that they weren't going to have it in the game for Xbox, but didn't say anything until they got called out about it.

Their first statement was a load of crap as people pointed out. I've been playing couch co-op for years in FIFA...Then, they finally came out and said that they didn't have the time. I'd have a lot more respect for them if they were honest about it.

On the on-disc DLC thing, once something is DLC I lose interest. It could be pre-installed on my console and I prob still wouldn't spend the money on it. However, do fighting games need extra characters? MvC2 seemed to have millions (overstatement obv), but very few were practical and adding more causes balancing issues. Capcom haven't been the greatest for double checking balancing considering the number of patches or new editions that get released to iron out such issues.

Why not start experimenting with new modes or systems? They released Heroes vs Heralds for free. Had this been available to play locally, I would have gladly payed for it because it looked like it could be a lot of fun.

So, at the end of all that, I will prob pick it up 2nd hand at some stage, but I would be far happier if I was getting the full package (couch co-op). Even the console specific characters don't bother me, just this advertised element that does not work.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

My main issue with the game is that the state it was released in was a freaking mess. I don't care that it can patched out, some of the problems ( particularly the online sound issues ) shouldn't have being there in the first place, it's the year 2012 for crying out loud!

I also swear I never had this many time outs in any fighting game I played, even when I played Marvel. Don't talk to me about damage not being optimal yet; How come I was able to still KO people when I started playing vanilla SF4 when I was a scrubby ass Ken without having to worry about the timer?

This and all the other controversies surrounding the game have sourced my experience pretty badly. I'll still play this game, get all the free stuff and provided I'm not in Australia, but the DLC characters when they come out but I doubt I'll be able to take it seriously.

I also seriously doubt I'll buy the next Capcom fighter as a result of this debacle, Capcom have burned me one time too many at this stage so I will be voting with my wallet in future. If anyone asks me about SFxT, I won't be recommending it either.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I dislike the amount of time outs in SFxT....cheapens them no end. I worked so hard to time out people in SF4 and make my opponent loose the will to play on (or possibly live) and then along comes SFxT and now every scruby noob can can do it without even trying. Wheres the skill I ask you!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Personally I think the game is great.

Does it actually say on the box "Two player same console online co-op."?

Doesn't matter what it says in the manual because pretty much every manual has a statement at the beginning about it being based on a pre-release version and things may have changed.

• Advertisement

Thinks its only in the American manual and not on the box. Was an advertised feature in a trailer.

So again, a pre-release trailer which probably had a disclaimer about it still being in development and subject to change.

The game is not the same as the version I played at Evo, I'm disgusted!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,702 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

So again, a pre-release trailer which probably had a disclaimer about it still being in development and subject to change.

The more you try to defend the business/coding decisions, the more childish you appear to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Personally I think the game is great.

Does it actually say on the box "Two player same console online co-op."?

Doesn't matter what it says in the manual because pretty much every manual has a statement at the beginning about it being based on a pre-release version and things may have changed.

This was a feature that they were pushing - the whole tag team, co-operative experience. Seth Killian kept talking about how great 2v2 would be, etc, etc, etc.

All they had to say was, "we underestimated the time it would take". Instead, they said nothing, let people question if they were doing it wrong, blamed Microsoft and then said "we didn't have enough time". And no mention of a patch down the line.....

Sure, everything is subject to change, but why not give people a heads-up that the two versions were going to be different? Surely polite if nothing else...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

The sound online wrecks my head, I don't have any qualms other than that

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    The more you try to defend the business/coding decisions, the more childish you appear to me...

If we could all avoid the accusations of childishness please.

It's a little step to insulting people and then I have to get the banstick out.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Maybe if they'd spent less time making characters that you're not allowed to pick, they could've finished off an advertised feature. Just sayin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Azza wrote: »
    Whats the positives?

scramble mode

Seriously? With that mentality just stick anything into an advertisement that might get a person to buy a game and then say "sure it was just a pre-release trailer, you can't expect everything we advertised to be in the game!".

Apparantly Seth Killian mentioned the feature in several interviews as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Gotta go with the "mob" on this one.

I didn't see the ads for it but the fact that they pushed it and then came out with a BS reason for not doing it is pretty damn bad.

It's probably an example of the PR team and the development not quite being in sync (or the "Molyneaux" effect) which I can understand but give a genuine reason and show some respect for the consumer.

Personally, it didn't put me off but I can understand the negative feelings on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Darachnid

I have a grand total of 150bp in SFxT. It is going to stay that way unless the 'Online' mode is patched until it doesn't feel like the servers are being housed on an Intel Atom Netbook. Fvking peice of sihte. Completely unplayable. /Disagreement ignore gem activated.

*So happy 'Game'@Dawson street didn't fulfill my 'Special Edition' order. Saved 20squids at least on a broken game. Lab-rats 'r' us.

Is this just the sound thing or is it something else?

Just wondering because beyond the sound thing I'm generally finding this to be better then most other games except HDR.

Darachnid wrote: »
    I have a grand total of 150bp in SFxT. It is going to stay that way unless the 'Online' mode is patched until it doesn't feel like the servers are being housed on an Intel Atom Netbook. Fvking peice of sihte. Completely unplayable. /Disagreement ignore gem activated.

*So happy 'Game'@Dawson street didn't fulfill my 'Special Edition' order. Saved 20squids at least on a broken game. Lab-rats 'r' us.
    Orim wrote: »
    Is this just the sound thing or is it something else?

Just wondering because beyond the sound thing I'm generally finding this to be better then most other games except HDR.

Yeah, the netcode itself is really good, just the sound desyncs and drawn out matchmaking process need work.

Me and Dan were kicking ass online co-op last night.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'm on xbox and apart from sound, the netcode is some of the best I've played on. Maybe it's those network plugs of yours? :pac:

My network play is terrible, way worse than SFIV.

UNLESS I get someone up the road, then it's awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I'm undecided on the netcode. Sometimes it's perfect and then others it's awful. Also, the waiting for a game is killer. I set my region to any and I never get any good UK connections, only crappy 2 bar german, french and swedish players. So I end up just sitting there for like 5 minutes inbetween games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ive gone from thinking the netcode is terrible, to ok, to gdlk and back to terrible :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Played this for a bit today with Vizard. Game is still as fun as it was in Cannes, but I'm still as uninterested in learning it as ever.

Jin is ridiculous trolly fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

I cant seem to "get" this game at all O_o I'm trying to convince myself that its going to be worth learning though.

It all feels very like Marvel to me (I truly suck at Marvel), the whole chain/launcher mechanic is throwing me big time. To be fair its really down to me struggling to find characters. Guy, Fei Long, Makoto, Q, Gen... they are all missing :'( To be honest though; this could be a blessing in disguise, I've been using mostly Tekken characters and enjoying them instead of going with the familiar Vega or Sim (well SF2 familiar). King, Hwoarang and Paul all seem really fun.

But good lord the netcode is horrendous, after the awesomeness that is Soul Calibur 5 its like a kick to the gonads. Whats the story with the sound too, I'm guessing they are patching that.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Darachnid

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I'm on xbox and apart from sound, the netcode is some of the best I've played on. Maybe it's those network plugs of yours? :pac:
    Net plugs made it worse, and I bought them because of SFXT. For instance I was playing some bloke in Netherlands yesterday for a couple of hours in SFIV2012, on a wirelessly connected xbox; it was perfect.
    If I tried that with SFXT it would be like playing with someone in Brazil. and... it's not just the lagginess, it's the way it lags... people teleport ffs. That never happens in SFIV2012, if there's a lag spike there's a slowdown glitch with a bit of latency. People don't suddenly appear over your head or behind you. Plus it sounds like a busted hearing aid. Muck.

Darachnid wrote: »
    If I tried that with SFXT it would be like playing with someone in Brazil. and... it's not just the lagginess, it's the way it lags... people teleport ffs. That never happens in SFIV2012, if there's a lag spike there's a slowdown glitch with a bit of latency. People don't suddenly appear over your head or behind you. Plus it sounds like a busted hearing aid. Muck.

Yeah it's the different netcode. SFxT is more like GGPO in that they do rollbacks instead of slow down. In bad conditions it can be very jarring because of the rollback but on a positive note it never eats your inputs.

The teleporting would point to a really bad connection between the two of you.

I'm still on the the good side. I've come up against americans and it's been fine. No way I'd do that in SFIV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Also, what the hell is with the start up on command grabs in this game? I was being knocked out of SPDs all day long with Vizard earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Quick question. Whats the verdict on Gems at tourneys? Obviously custom and DLC gems are out the window. But are we banning them completely or allowing the default ones? Default ones seem very quick to pick.....like picking an ultra.

This may have already been stated but I've read the last few pages and couldn't see it.

And the Command grab nerf is a welcome one. People just mash spd during block hoping for an execution error from their opponent normally. This is much better. Although the short throw range seems very, very short.

Kirby wrote: »
    Quick question. Whats the verdict on Gems at tourneys? Obviously custom and DLC gems are out the window. But are we banning them completely or allowing the default ones? Default ones seem very quick to pick.....like picking an ultra.

This may have already been stated but I've read the last few pages and couldn't see it.

And the Command grab nerf is a welcome one. People just mash spd during block hoping for an execution error from their opponent normally. This is much better. Although the short throw range seems very, very short.

It's up from 2 frames to 5 to start up with lp :o

There'll be no gem consensus until the tournament edition patch comes out. Then I guess it will be a month or two before a pattern emerges.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »

Gems banned in all forms.

The problem is that the only way to pick them is through the customise option and set the two presets (unless I'm missing something)

If it was just the default presets then it may be okay but I know for me I've both gem presets on about half the cast. Could reset them if someone tells me what the presets should be but then it's a lot of hassle for people providing consoles. Also means I have to change away from my own gem set-up. Seems easier to just ask people to have empty presets.

Now you could say use a new profile with no presets changed but then you have to consider in the future if the DLC characters will be used then it causes more headaches.

Gemless seems like the most logisticaly feasible way of doing it.

Advertisement