Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this beast a baby sparrow?? (Bob and Cede)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭locohobo

j@utis wrote: »
    well, it's not that I'm short of money, I just don't like spending it on the things I don't really want. thanks anyways

we got a buddy for bob this morning. Bob is not very friendly with CeDe :D yet, he turns into a fur ball, opens his beak and takes this aggressive position when the one gets closer :rolleyes: CeDe is very active, moving around non stop, I'd say Bob is now missing his piece and quiet, no more after breakfast snooze, nap after lunch and lazy afternoons :D

bobandcede.jpg
    Sorry!! Did'nt mean to imply anything by it..Just making the gesture in recognition of such a display of humanity...

Anyway Well done!!!..See he's got a nice companion....
    I suppose he's got to lay down the terms and conditions of sharing his home so take a while to accept each other...
    Spoilt little begger eh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

just wanted say to i really admire what you've done and the photos are incredible.
    any chance you might make a little video of bob and post on youtube for us??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

this video was taken on 1st of july when Bob couldn't fly yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RggtUf72xg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭glanman

Here it is embedded for you:)

and you other bob video!

oh yeah that one... such an embarrassment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

glanman wrote: »
    and you other bob video!

That's brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Feargal as Luimneach

Wow those videos are amazing:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

J@utis: That is such a cute video of Bob in his nest taking his feed.
    i echo what somebodyelse said in saying that this is certainly one of the best threads on boards for quite a while :)036.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Sundew wrote: »
    J@utis: That is such a cute video of Bob in his nest taking his feed.
    i echo what somebodyelse said in saying that his is certainly one of the best threads on boards for quite a while :)036.gif

+1!

Have to say a million thanks for giving me my own wee 'chick flick' to keep checking up on!
    Good work, your an inspiration to us all!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

well done.I can imagine this taking a lot of your time and effort.I hope it all looks out great for you and your new sprogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

I've just discovered this thread! Thank you so much for sharing!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

would you like to go on Mooney goes wild show to tell bobs story to the nation ?

http://www.rte.ie/radio/mooneygoeswild/about.html

http://www.rte.ie/radio/mooneygoeswild/contact.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

Bob the movie!! i love it. i think you should get some t-shirts printed up!! or maybe a tattoo!! who's on for getting BOB tattooo's!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I can't believe I've only spotted this thread now!!

Im amazed at what you've done for this little one. I'd like to make you Taoiseach and Bob can be minister for eating maggots.

His/Her title is honorary, but yours most certainly wont be!! :D

argosy2006 wrote: »
    would you like to go on Mooney goes wild show to tell bobs story to the nation ?

J@autis: I second what Argosy said You should contact them. It really is such a great story. I contacted them over a year ago about a birding story (e-mailed them) and they mailed me back as they were interested in the story. They just rang me up a few days later and I shared my story with the nation but yours is so much better then mine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Nozebleed wrote: »
    Bob the movie!! i love it. i think you should get some t-shirts printed up!! or maybe a tattoo!! who's on for getting BOB tattooo's!!!

huh, you cant put a tattoo on a bird

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭iamfromcork

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

oh wow, cool story j@utis :D Nice work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

Awe I just love the chirpy sound he makes!

he only 'sings' like that when he's hungry. but now after he has started picking at the food himself (finally), he's got much more quieter. bob's 'housemate' loves the soft food we're leaving for bob. I don't mind it because I've noticed that it makes this bloody canary to shut up (I felt like snapping its neck off last night).

oh and one more thing: people calm down here, what radio shows, t-shirts, tattoos, perfume lines etc are you talking about?? it just an ordinary garden bird (well, not garden anymore, but anyways)!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

j@utis wrote: »
    he only 'sings' like that when he's hungry. but now after he has started picking at the food himself (finally), he's got much more quieter. bob's 'housemate' loves the soft food we're leaving for bob. I don't mind it because I've noticed that it makes this bloody canary to shut up (I felt like snapping its neck off last night).

oh and one more thing: people calm down here, what radio shows, t-shirts, tattoos, perfume lines etc are you talking about?? it just an ordinary garden bird (well, not garden anymore, but anyways)!

bet someone will send link of this thread to Mooney goes wild show,,,, they should ask u first though,

Might be bad idea to go on national radio since I think it's illegal to keep wild goldfinches as pets...

bet someone will send link of this thread to Mooney goes wild show,,,, they should ask u first though,

Well I won't be doing that.......just in case one is thinking that I would :(

I think the circumstances of this little goldfinch are unique and I've really enjoyed reading the OP's account on boards. Just thought the story would bring a lot of joy to those who do not use the Internet or boards. Didn't really consider the issue of it being illegal to keep goldfinches.I know it's illegal to trap them but the OP did not do this! She saved this little birds life and as others have said it would not be able to fend for itself if released into the wild.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

The OP is in a truly privileged and unique position!
    To find, then rare a goldfinch chick is a true blessing from above!
    I'm unsure about the legality of the whole issue about keeping a goldfinch as a pet. This woman did not go out, trap and illegally keep this bird, instead she came upon a poor helpless wee chick
    You truely have a priceless pet there, I know I personally would give my right eye to be in your position!

Well done! Karma will definitely repay you for your har work, dedication and downright goodness!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

All i can do is add my admiration to all of the others shared on this thread and thanks for sharing your experience i would never have guess Bob was a goldfinch Thanks again:)

Sundew wrote: »
    Well I won't be doing that.......just in case one is thinking that I would :(

I think the circumstances of this little goldfinch are unique and I've really enjoyed reading the OP's account on boards. Just thought the story would bring a lot of joy to those who do not use the Internet or boards. Didn't really consider the issue of it being illegal to keep goldfinches.I know it's illegal to trap them but the OP did not do this! She saved this little birds life and as others have said it would not be able to fend for itself if released into the wild.
    I agree, Bob owner's motives are honest. Just worried that there might be some trouble with the legal stuff if she was on national radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭iamfromcork

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

I'm surprised this thread is not rated yet.

Top right under the page numbers

Rate it, it make it more obvious :)

and as for legalities, I'm sure you can come up with a disguise....this is not a Goldfinch.....

Advertisement