Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this beast a baby sparrow?? (Bob and Cede)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

they rarely get to the floor of the cage and it gets filthy fairly quick, so I might try that sandpaper type brach and see how it works.

before I used a little inside the cage bath and Bob would wash his face and chest in it but it was too small for all bird to get in. later I bought this outside the cage type one and CeDe got into into it straight away but Bob wouldn't. He just sits on the edge of it looking inside but won't jump in. Can it be due to the color of the bath? the small one is white and new one is black? :) I always put some sand on the bottom of the cage, I've noticed them eating it, yummy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Have not heard in a bit now as to how Bob and CeDe are getting on.

Any chance of an update as it is a great story.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭iamfromcork

They seem to be getting on well enough, attack each other every now and then , don't know if this is normal.cede seems to wait until bob is asleep then bites him. Only seen this once though. Looking to see if i can find any sound tracks of goldfinch singing to improve bob's . We were thinking of getting another bird maybe a white canary ,i saw a java finch today that i was going to get but was talked out of it lol,to hyper he was :D. We got a webcam to record bob's singing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Ah this is a super thread

I was joking i could set up bobcam and just bob it tshirts lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

i've just spent a lovely half hour reading this thread from the beginning. Fanstastic story:) Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

This has been the most heartwarming story :)

Well done!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Merry Christmas Bob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Great thread. Fairplay to ye..:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

thank you for this thread and the updates, you have both put a lot of time and effort into the bird and keeping us in the loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Was told about this thread and had to check it out.

Have no idea how you even spotted Bob that first day I mean the photo of him next to the 20cent coin!! He tiny :eek:

Fair play to yous :D

Hope you all had a good Xmas and have an awesome new year!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Keep the pics coming. One of the best threads ever on boards.

here's bob trying to impress CeDe. but she isn't stupid and won't budge until nest is there!

p.s. nest is in the post, will arrive later this week :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Feargal as Luimneach

j@utis wrote: »
    here's bob trying to impress CeDe. but she isn't stupid and won't budge until nest is there!

p.s. nest is in the post, will arrive later this week :D
    What a lovely song Bob has. He'll defo pull the birds with that:D

ha-ha you might think and say opposite if you were exposed to three hours a day of his head wrecking singing! and believe me he's loud. we have to put TV volume up when he opens his mouth!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

smokie2008 wrote: »

Don't Hummingbirds spent a lot of time feeding?

I saw a Siskin in the garden for the first time, it was accompanied by a Redpoll. My solo Starling returned with a pal and were able to perch on my feeder. It really brightenned my day and cheered me up, my cat unfortunately died at the vets in the early afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Don't Hummingbirds spent a lot of time feeding?

I saw a Siskin in the garden for the first time, it was accompanied by a Redpoll. My solo Starling returned with a pal and were able to perch on my feeder. It really brightenned my day and cheered me up, my cat unfortunately died at the vets in the early afternoon.

Sorry to hear that. Always sad to loose a pet :(

Both are doing well just left them out for a fly around the room

[IMG][/img]Bobandcede-1.jpg

• Advertisement

Yay, Bob and CeDe are back. :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Cant beleave thats the same bird as the one in the OP. Kudos to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Kess73 wrote: »
    Yay, Bob and CeDe are back. :D:D:D:D

And so say all of us. Bob & Cede deserve their own blog at this stage :D
    Love the updates!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

This is such a wonderful thread, it's made my day reading it :)

Well done guys for taking such amazing care of Bob and Cede and for sharing the story with us!

We want more Bod and CeDe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 peasey

very enjoyable thread well done!!

could thread be stickied?

Bob and cede are doing well. We've moved house which is why no new post. He seems to like it, South facing window and plenty of flying place, cede still stares at the wall so nothing new there. Looking out for a female goldfinch but they seem to be rare enough in ireland anyone know of any can you pm me or email at iamfromcork@gmail.com .Thanks :D

p.s I'll post some more pics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Is CeDe going to be happy sharing Bob? :D

lol cede waits til he's asleep and pecks him in the head :) don't think she thinks much of him

• Advertisement

Advertisement