Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Seriously, he was shot in the back of the head. Ok, the program is fictional, but not fictional enough to bring someone back from the dead. The idea that he isn't really dead is riduculous, it was brought up when John Boy was shot too.

What about the bloke who was shot twice in the head in Dublin and survived, not to mention the Limerick man who took 11 bullets and survived.

Granted it would be riduculous if he survived , but stranger things have happend.......just saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I sat in the passenger seat and locked her with the fob. All I had to do was pull the lock button back and open with the passenger door handle. I suspected as much as the kids are always escaping, but I thought I'd have to unlock from the drivers door panel. Obviously Toyota are wise to Aido's ways :D

I checked player again, Aido's driving a Yaris, it's got a Toyota badge on the front anyway.

But did you dead lock it? It's usually two twists of the key, or a double click on the fob? Maybe it just doesn't have it or works differently.

Anyway, Darren is dead, deadlocks or no deadlocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Just watched the final episode there. Good ending that, not surprised Darren was killed, surprised how though.

I dont get peoples shock about it, he wasnt even the main character anymore. This series was based totally around Nidge.

Hopefully with 3 succcessful series, RTE will get the finger out and commission series 4 to be longer,12 episodes maybe. Would allow for a lot more filling of the subroles and storylines and it would flush out the main storyline(s) aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

rebel12 wrote: »
    There is no way they would just let Dazzler go out like that! Unless the actor no longer wanted part of the show or some stupid message for the show where everyone ends up dead in the end. I hope it's not true, there running out of good characters.

So are you saying he wasnt killed off???
    Lol.... Madness!!
    I actually cant believe some people!

Its a gangland drama FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

I agree, he survived two direct shootings (Stumpy and Elmo), there is no way they can try and convince an audience he survived two bullets to the head, unless that hoody has super powers!

I'd say that hood was like an army helmet at that stage tbh :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 rebel12

So are you saying he wasnt killed off???
    Lol.... Madness!!
    I actually cant believe some people!

Its a gangland drama FFS
    I know it's silly but it is a fiction and as someone stated if you scroll up it has happened before. Maybe Lizzie realised what she had done and somehow rushed him to hospital. Its a TV show, its supposed to be entertaining and surreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I though Darren was going to shoot Nidge when he opened the boot of the car.

Ado and Elmo killing Darren would have had more of a effect to be honest.

rebel12 wrote: »
    I know it's silly but it is a fiction and as someone stated if you scroll up it has happened before. Maybe Lizzie realised what she had done and somehow rushed him to hospital. Its a TV show, its supposed to be entertaining and surreal.

Nooo! Jesus let it go!! Hes dead. No other buts or maybes.
    There is absolutley NO way the writers would finish the show like that, and bring darren back AGAIN for series 4.
    I cant believe i have to spell it out for you.

dave1982 wrote: »
    I though Darren was going to shoot Nidge when he opened the boot of the car.
    t.

? You must be the only one. Why would he shoot at the RA lads, killing one of them, no disguise. Save nidge from a brutal beating and eventually killing, only to open the boot just to shoot him, himself?!

I seriously cant get over some of the crap i read on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

dave1982 wrote: »
    Ado and Elmo killing Darren would have had more of a effect to be honest.
    It would have been somehow an undignified way for him to bow out.

Aido being nothing but a junkie waste of space (with a gimpy leg), and Elmo who we know isn't a real criminal, just a coward at heart. The only reason Elmo would have gone with it is because he had good cause to want Darren dead.
    Darren on the other hand being intelligent and sly, described as a cat in of the previous scenes. Maybe people are right when they say that Nidge hoped they'd botch it and Darren would escape.
    His death at their hands just wouldn't really fit. His actual death was much cleaner and more realistically acceptable.

Of course, it also kept us guessing right up to the very end as to whether Darren or Nidge would be taken out. A drawn-out tense gun battle would equally be unrealistic. These things don't happen in real life. People get shot in the head without warning, lights out, game over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭Hitchens

from a health and safety point of view,

Aido would hardly be covered by insurance driving a veh-hee-kel with a gammy leg?

Trish didn't seem to wash her hands after using the toilet, (although maybe women don't need to after a no 1)?

Nidge smoking a cigarette in the hospital ward was showing scant regard for Tommy's health.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Did anyone notice that the gun that Darren put in the front of his waistband was gone when he was lying on his back bleeding to death?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭lukin

Hitchens wrote: »

Trish didn't seem to wash her hands after using the toilet, (although maybe women don't need to after a no 1)?
    Yeah I copped that too. I found it much more offensive than any of the series' "scenes of vielence" to be honest. Shame on you RTE:D
    Nidge smoking a cigarette in the hospital ward was showing scant regard for Tommy's health.
    In fairness to him he did smoke it by the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

IanL wrote: »
    He could have shopped Tommy as he did main damage but only thing holding him back is that Siobhan is Nidge's niece, that gets forgotten.

Tony already knew from Danno that it was Darren who took out Paddy.

He was testing Nidge to see if he'd sell him a pup named Tommy. If Nidge was considering this, he did the right thing (for himself) by hanging Darren.

I thought the scene where Nidge hears the footsteps on the stairs and hyperventilates/ breaks out into a quick hail mary was brilliantly acted.

9. Aido's budgie ;)

Frans dog, Gits Pigeons, The Swan, i think Debbie killed Aido's fish last season too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Frans dog, Gits Pigeons, The Swan, i think Debbie killed Aido's fish last season too

the carnage just gets worse and worse :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

? You must be the only one. Why would he shoot at the RA lads, killing one of them, no disguise. Save nidge from a brutal beating and eventually killing, only to open the boot just to shoot him, himself?!

I seriously cant get over some of the crap i read on here.

Its a tv show not real ha hhahahhahaha I'm amazed at how upset you get over it.

Hahhahahaha

Aido would hardly be covered by insurance driving a veh-hee-kel with a gammy leg?

:pac:

Yeah I noticed Aido didnt have his crutch in the pet shop anyway and of course we are led to believe by the man himself that he is hitting the gym fairly soon :rolleyes: (Pissed myself laughing at that after his jumbo breakfast roll in Episode 3 :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭dzer2

Seriously, he was shot in the back of the head. Ok, the program is fictional, but not fictional enough to bring someone back from the dead. The idea that he isn't really dead is riduculous, it was brought up when John Boy was shot too.

Didnt some woman get shot in the head in the us last year and survive

• Registered Users Posts: 4 FriedBiscuit

Someone pointed this out to me and it's true: Darren didn't get shot twice. It was only once but they showed it from two different angles. I still doubt he survived though because of the amount of blood loss.

• Advertisement

C'mon, shot at fairly close range, the back of his head all over the walls and ground?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Did anyone notice that the gun that Darren put in the front of his waistband was gone when he was lying on his back bleeding to death?

Perhaps that explains the funny walk :confused:

Perhaps that explains the funny walk :confused:
    That wasn't my post you quoted, I think the fear of being locked in a car has had a profound affect on you!

dzer2 wrote: »
    Didnt some woman get shot in the head in the us last year and survive

Didnt hear about it but i doubt it was as serious as two exit wounds at the front of the head and half her brains on the street :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

That wasn't my post you quoted, I think the fear of being locked in a car has had a profound affect on you!

Oops, left over tags from an earlier multi quote, apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭dzer2

[
    QUOTE=Deleted User;82272584]Didnt hear about it but i doubt it was as serious as two exit wounds at the front of the head and half her brains on the street :)[/QUOTE]

It was at some political rally it was serious alright I think 2 other people were killed in the same incident. She was in a coma for a while also

the carnage just gets worse and worse :D

And poor Tyson (the dog) never done nothing to no one :D He is buried in a Hugo Boss jacket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

He's dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

Will there be a season 4??????????
    I am pissed off Darren died.They could have made a season out of him killing Nidge and Dano...And getting revenge maybe with the help of the guy in a coma..
    I was 100% convinced he would take over as boss at the end....GRRRRR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

Ella wrote: »
    He's dead.

Johnny Adair got shot point blank in the back of the head and lived.
    Darren has 9 cat lives.:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement