Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I think production is finished on the first season anyway. They are expanding though so I reckon there is scope there to find work with them.

Unfortunately Nightflyers which premiered on Syfy in the US in early December currently has a 33% rating on rotten tomatoes. Let’s hope it does better with audiences in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Flannerys which became Finn’s at the turn of the millennium. Closed around 2004 when the smoking ban came in.

The signage looks much older though it’s partly hidden behind scaffolding, it does say catering and confectionery.

The signage looks much older though it’s partly hidden behind scaffolding, it does say catering and confectionery.

Actually now that I think of it, the name Finn’s for the pub back in 1999/2000 may have been a nod to Finn’s Hotel that was on the site in the early 21st Century. So you’re probably right in saying the sign is from then. Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭adaminho

It was just done in an old fashioned style. As you can see from the photo below Flannery's was there until it rebranded to Finn's before moving to Denmark Street.

https://www.memorylanelimerick.com/p1034943503/h1B947CD7#h1b947cd7

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

Unfortunately Nightflyers which premiered on Syfy in the US in early December currently has a 33% rating on rotten tomatoes. Let’s hope it does better with audiences in Europe.

Rotten tomatoes is a pretty crude scoring metric. If you look at the breakdown on the RT website it was completely slated by critics but scored well enough with audiences, just under 70%. It’s IMDb score is 6.5 I think, or thereabouts which is reasonable.

Audience wise, it’s the 7th most watched show on the Scyfi channel, which isn’t great but it got an average of just under 400k viewers per show. Van Helsing, which got less views has already been renewed, so there is hope for nightflyers also being renewed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

adaminho wrote: »
    It was just done in an old fashioned style. As you can see from the photo below Flannery's was there until it rebranded to Finn's before moving to Denmark Street.

https://www.memorylanelimerick.com/p1034943503/h1B947CD7#h1b947cd7

Oh well, I was running (very very fast :pac:) past at the time and didn't have a close look, they must have spent big money on that retro signage that lasted piddling time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Lovely signage has been exposed in the work on Pat O’Connor’s new butcher shop on the corner of William Street and LittleCatherine Street, Finn’s caterers and confectionery is what it says, such a pity it’ll have to be covered again
    Anyone remember the original tenant?

Flannerys which became Finn’s at the turn of the millennium. Closed around 2004 when the smoking ban came in.
    Why would the smoking ban affect caterers/confectioners?

Hope someone can take a photo and send to @ghostsigns on Twitter (would do myself but am away).

Louche Lad wrote: »
    Why would the smoking ban affect caterers/confectioners?

Hope someone can take a photo and send to @ghostsigns on Twitter (would do myself but am away).

It was a pub/nightclub with no smoking area so they moved to Denmark Street where the current big Flannerys is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I remember it now, always wanted to go in there but i think it was over 25s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Ladies/Gents/ swan lovers.

The mammy was saying she heard something about a job announcement on the auld raido set yesterday for Limerick , I cant find anything online, is there something to it or is she gone a bit mad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

My cars suspension may not but i miss the cobbles on mary street

kilburn wrote: »
    My cars suspension may not but i miss the cobbles on mary street

They’ve been replaced?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Has anyone ever had any dealings with Pat O'Connell Motors in ballysimon?

Just wondering if they're ok to deal with and reliable. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

They’ve been replaced?

Yep. They had to replace them. It was like going down a country boreen with the imprint the tire tracks made on the cobbles.

Yep. They had to replace them. It was like going down a country boreen with the imprint the tire tracks made on the cobbles.

Bricks sink, I get that. Happened with our drive at home. They could surely just redo the foundation and relay the bricks. Has it been replaced by tarmac? :(

Bricks sink, I get that. Happened with our drive at home. They could surely just redo the foundation and relay the bricks. Has it been replaced by tarmac? :(

Yes, tarmac from the Gael Colaiste to the junction with Athlunkard St.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

Yes, tarmac from the Gael Colaiste to the junction with Athlunkard St.

Shur there was tarmac back in the day in Medieval Limerick.... Nicholas St next?

damowill wrote: »
    Shur there was tarmac back in the day in Medieval Limerick.... Nicholas St next?

I think some of Nicolas St. is already tarmacced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Is it just me or does anyone else find the majority of the staff in Superdrug quite, well, rude?
    I always feel as though I'm bothering them if I ask for help and feel as though I'm just an annoyance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Is it just me or does anyone else find the majority of the staff in Superdrug quite, well, rude?
    I always feel as though I'm bothering them if I ask for help and feel as though I'm just an annoyance.

i found that more of a ''sham'' place if u ask me that type of feeling/people working there. prob the same way ur feeling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

i found that more of a ''sham'' place if u ask me that type of feeling/people working there. prob the same way ur feeling

I think you've hit the nail on the head there actually. I just tend to go in for toiletries because they have some not bad bargains, but the staff really put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Any recommendations for the best and most reasonably priced framers in the city?

I'm looking to get a print ~60cm x 60cm framed. Any idea on a ballpark cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

Irish Wolf wrote: »
    Any recommendations for the best and most reasonably priced framers in the city?

Thomas Street framers not the cheapest but excellent work

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Irish Wolf wrote: »

40 euros?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Anyone know where I can learn a bit more about Pat Grace? Very little information about the man online.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^

who's he?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭apc

Pat Graces famous fried Chicken?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

I saw on the leader a junkie robbed someone with a syringe.

Disgusting dispicable thing to do hope its a lenghty prison sentence

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement