Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I think it's possible especially if they went straight through the roundabout without stopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

Any idea where I can dispose of a Christmas tree? I checked the council website and rang their offices and they can only seem to tell me last years collection dates

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Website suggesting you can bring it to any of their recycling centres free during January.
    Mungret your best option around the city I'd say.

https://www.limerick.ie/council/newsroom/news

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I saw someone mention on Facebook that they’re building new houses down the Mill Road. Haven’t been out that way in a over a year. Is this true and if so where are they going?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I saw someone mention on Facebook that they’re building new houses down the Mill Road. Haven’t been out that way in a over a year. Is this true and if so where are they going?

Between silverbrook and meadowbrook.

• Advertisement

Don't know how they'd get planning down there

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Mc Love wrote: »

You'd think the traffic isn't bad enough down there already. Albeit, I'm looking at buying in the area, just not in the new builds. I saw them earlier, they're quite big. Look like 4/5 bed detached.

That’s exactly why I asked the question! How the existing estates got planning on what is essentially a narrow cul-de-sac baffles me. Now they’re adding to the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Berty wrote: »
    Between silverbrook and meadowbrook.

Please forgive what may be a stupid question, but isn't the road itself between silverbrook and meadowbrook? And the only plot of land I can think of down there is between silverbrook and spring Grove.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

source wrote: »
    Please forgive what may be a stupid question, but isn't the road itself between silverbrook and meadowbrook? And the only plot of land I can think of down there is between silverbrook and spring Grove.

Yes. It's between spring Grove and silverbrook. On the right, going down the road, a little before where the shop across the road used to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,770 ✭✭✭✭phog

mdmix wrote: »
    Any idea where I can dispose of a Christmas tree? I checked the council website and rang their offices and they can only seem to tell me last years collection dates

Recycling centres, you could have dropped it to the councils pick up points at Watch House Cross last Saturday 9-3, near Our Lady of Lourdes Church next Friday and to Musgrave's Car Park on Sat

Edit - actually the friday and saturday drop points might be in reverse, I can't remember

Edit #2 - this popped up on my Twitter timeline this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭kokiyou

Any good place for teaching the very basics of driving to someone such as an empty car park or similar during the weekdays? (Before 9am / After 6pm)

Are there any places where you can walk / play with (reasonably nice) dogs around Limerick even if it costs money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

kokiyou wrote: »
    Any good place for teaching the very basics of driving to someone such as an empty car park or similar during the weekdays? (Before 9am / After 6pm)

Are there any places where you can walk / play with (reasonably nice) dogs around Limerick even if it costs money?

Not too sure about the first one but Raheen industrial estate might be worth a try. My neighbour used to take her daughter up there a couple of years ago when she was learning.

My friend takes her dog out to Curraghchase. I know you have to pay now but I can't remember how much

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭kokiyou

Not too sure about the first one but Raheen industrial estate might be worth a try. My neighbour used to take her daughter up there a couple of years ago when she was learning.

My friend takes her dog out to Curraghchase. I know you have to pay now but I can't remember how much

I don't have a dog I would like to play with dogs or walk them! :)

Thanks I will check out the estate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Apologies, I read it as 'go for a walk' with dogs :P

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

Try the animal welfare places. they'll usually be only too delighted to have someone walk a couple of dogs for them. Just be aware you might end up wanting to keep some of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Looking to have some finger food for a party on Saturday night for about 20 people. Can anyone recommend any decent caterers? Looking for something a bit nicer than the standard sausage rolls, sandwiches and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

panda100 wrote: »
    Looking to have some finger food for a party on Saturday night for about 20 people. Can anyone recommend any decent caterers? Looking for something a bit nicer than the standard sausage rolls, sandwiches and the likes.

Try below

https://www.goldenpages.ie/quinn-john-catering-cater-hire-limerick-city/

May be above what your looking for but worth a shot. Same people who own DeBucket pub in Kildimo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Bobby Byrnes do packages and tend to be very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

• Advertisement

Bobby Byrnes do packages and tend to be very good.

Yeah we've gone for bobbys. Thanks all

I would have recommended Paddy Dooley - http://www.paddydooleycatering.ie/Hot-food-menu/

much cheaper than Bobbys and the food is unbelievable, they've never left us down

I would have recommended Paddy Dooley - http://www.paddydooleycatering.ie/Hot-food-menu/

much cheaper than Bobbys and the food is unbelievable, they've never left us down

Good to know for future reference!!

Funnily enough, the guy running it is called Bobby and is really nice to deal with it.

Funnily enough, the guy running it is called Bobby and is really nice to deal with it.

The guy, Robert, in Bobbys was also very nice :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I never thought of Bobbys! good shout...they do dacent grubbage...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Troy Studios...

are they still making that netlix sci-fi series there?

if so..any work going there for extras or stage hands???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

fryup wrote: »
    Troy Studios...

are they still making that netlix sci-fi series there?

if so..any work going there for extras or stage hands???

I think production is finished on the first season anyway. They are expanding though so I reckon there is scope there to find work with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Lovely signage has been exposed in the work on Pat O’Connor’s new butcher shop on the corner of William Street and LittleCatherine Street, Finn’s caterers and confectionery is what it says, such a pity it’ll have to be covered again
    Anyone remember the original tenant?

• Advertisement

Lovely signage has been exposed in the work on Pat O’Connor’s new butcher shop on the corner of William Street and LittleCatherine Street, Finn’s caterers and confectionery is what it says, such a pity it’ll have to be covered again
    Anyone remember the original tenant?

Flannerys which became Finn’s at the turn of the millennium. Closed around 2004 when the smoking ban came in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement