Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Berty wrote: »
    Anybody see the sign at Inver on the Dublin road? If you don't have an Irish Republic registered vehicle then you must pre pay in cash for your fuel.

I see why they would do that, as the authorities can't track a non Irish registered person who steals fuel but doesn't sound all very legal or fair. If I saw this in another country I'd drive on, doubt the owner would care.

Probably more to do with the influx of nomads to the west of our county driving UK registered vans and cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭moby2101

Berty wrote: »
    Anybody see the sign at Inver on the Dublin road? If you don't have an Irish Republic registered vehicle then you must pre pay in cash for your fuel.

I see why they would do that, as the authorities can't track a non Irish registered person who steals fuel but doesn't sound all very legal or fair. If I saw this in another country I'd drive on, doubt the owner would care.

Culture boss😡

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Would anyone know if the Mogul Emperor will be open tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

If you know somebody with a Zweton Voucher then beware as if you buy one Voucher in one branch the other branches will not accept it. Even though it says on the back the voucher holder it can be used in the different places they are refusing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^

you gotta be kiddin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Where to get sourdough bread today? Bought something marketed as sourdough today in Supervalu and my god it is rank and most certainly not sourdough. Smells like pork.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Where to get sourdough bread today? Bought something marketed as sourdough today in Supervalu and my god it is rank and most certainly not sourdough. Smells like pork.

I got parbaked sourdough in Dunnes Childers rd yesterday. Yet to try it but it may be worth a go.

I got parbaked sourdough in Dunnes Childers rd yesterday. Yet to try it but it may be worth a go.

Wonder what the ingredients are...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

The Limerick Youth Service bakery often has sourdough, think it might be Thursdays. they're back baking next week I think

angeldaisy wrote: »
    The Limerick Youth Service bakery often has sourdough, think it might be Thursdays. they're back baking next week I think

Oh right, that's the place across from the Garda station?

• Advertisement

Oh right, that's the place across from the Garda station?

yep that's it, they have lovely buns as well on Thursdays!

the entrance is on the same side as the Glen Tavern

yep that's it, they have lovely buns as well on Thursdays!

the entrance is on the same side as the Glen Tavern

Not meaning to offend but is it staffed primarily with teenagers from the wrong side of the tracks? I always presumed it was to divert them from criminal activity.

Not meaning to offend but is it staffed primarily with teenagers from the wrong side of the tracks? I always presumed it was to divert them from criminal activity.

No offence taken, the bakery department has won lots of awards and many of the students have progressed into baking / catering careers.

Many of the students there are ones who don't fit into the standard school system. one of their LCA students recently achieved an award for highest results in the country, big article about it in the Leader / Post.

No offence taken, the bakery department has won lots of awards and many of the students have progressed into baking / catering careers.

Many of the students there are ones who don't fit into the standard school system. one of their LCA students recently achieved an award for highest results in the country, big article about it in the Leader / Post.

I'll definitely check it out. Thanks for the tip.

Had to post this, as its incredible how fast this vehicle was caught doing on a 50 kmh stretch

https://twitter.com/DanielButlerFG/status/1080794353428299776?s=20

English reg...

English reg...

Enough said really - but sure it's their culture

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Crazy speed and all that buy why the feck did they not pull over and stop in the bus lane?

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

Mc Love wrote: »

whats that supposed to mean?

damowill wrote: »

A particular group of people like driving in English reg cars in Ireland. They also like paying with 500 euro notes and not paying tax.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

That road being closed in raheen is a ****ing nightmare cant even get out of the estate with the traffic. Had to go up on the foothpath to let an ambulance pass. a joke the line of traffic.

That road being closed in raheen is a ****ing nightmare cant even get out of the estate with the traffic. Had to go up on the foothpath to let an ambulance pass. a joke the line of traffic.

Should be open Monday :pac:

Should be open Monday :pac:

i hope so cause its a total joke @ the moment even @ the quiet periods there is a line of traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭James McNulty

it's their culture "BOSS". You forgot that important part!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭James McNulty

damowill wrote: »

In plain man's language, scrotes or the bottom feeders of society who contribute nothing to our community but do cause vast amounts of hardship, worry and offence to the vast majority of the rest of us.

Those of us who are not offended by that section of society have yet to encounter one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Had to post this, as its incredible how fast this vehicle was caught doing on a 50 kmh stretch

Should be locked up for doing that speed in a residential area. Madness.

I'd love to know what were they driving that could get up to 168km ph on that stretch and at that location. Was hardly the van in the pic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Here's the original Tweet by the Gardai:

https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/1080791078364766208

My view is that given the wording in the tweet "National/Motorway network", this guy was caught speeding on the M20 heading north at the Patrickswell exit, and they didn't catch up with him until the location in the photo after he exited the M20. I fail to see how you could manage 168km/h anywhere around Raheen on Christmas Day, let alone during broad daylight given the amount of traffic lights and roundabouts in the area, along with the general traffic levels.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement