Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

ive real problems so dont give a **** where people cross the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

dashoonage wrote: »
    ive real problems so dont give a **** where people cross the road.

People should cross the road where there is appropriate place to cross, not at any given point in the road. Same people probably park where they like

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

They should just put a pedestrian crossing there.

One of the disappointing things about the O'Connell Street plan is that they are going to maintain two lanes of traffic there. That's not necessary at all. A single lane for vehicles would bring the speeds right down and make it safe for pedestrians to cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭LeoD

Mc Love wrote: »
    People should cross the road where there is appropriate place to cross, not at any given point in the road. Same people probably park where they like

If we want a thriving, inviting, attractive, etc, city centre, then people should be allowed to walk wherever they want and not be herded around the place like cows and forced to wait for permission to cross the road from passing traffic that has no other reason to be there in the first place except to take a short cut to their final destination.

ah lads yis are no crack.

• Advertisement

LeoD wrote: »
    If we want a thriving, inviting, attractive, etc, city centre, then people should be allowed to walk wherever they want and not be herded around the place like cows and forced to wait for permission to cross the road from passing traffic that has no other reason to be there in the first place except to take a short cut to their final destination.

I've said it before that, that section of road should be closed to traffic anyway especially when there's events on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

I've said it before that, that section of road should be closed to traffic anyway especially when there's events on

Where would u divert the traffic to then ?? you would have no access to william street. Poor road planning anyway in limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Where would u divert the traffic to then ?? you would have no access to william street. Poor road planning anyway in limerick

Yeah it's almost as if a centuries old city centre wasn't built with the motor car in mind. We really should've gone down the American route and constructed elevated highways all converging on O'Connell Street.

Vanquished wrote: »
    Yeah it's almost as if a centuries old city centre wasn't built with the motor car in mind. We really should've gone down the American route and constructed elevated highways all converging on O'Connell Street.

But o connell street would have been closed off so you are caught there as well:D:D:D:D

Pedestrians should use their brains & cross @ the lights like any normal person would.They are just too lazy. there is lights again In front of old N.i.b. so there is no excuse.

I'd have Henry st changed back to a two way, and have traffic routed from Patrick st. back up past dunnes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

I'd have Henry st changed back to a two way, and have traffic routed from Patrick st. back up past dunnes.
    A very sensible suggestion and worthy of further investigation.

I also think that Henry st should have lights on it! Its pretty dismal that our second/third busiest street is literally Grinch town

I also think that Henry st should have lights on it! Its pretty dismal that our second/third busiest street is literally Grinch town

Do u mean xmas lights ? but there is no real even buildings to hang them off arent they all different sizes & shapes(front of building) ????

Do u mean xmas lights ? but there is no real even buildings to hang them off arent they all different sizes & shapes(front of building) ????

Yes but even upper william street that has non-identical buildings have lights on the poles. It might be harder to put up lights.

It's not that complicated

It's not that complicated
    i am a bit ocd i would want them to be even & level LOL

Lads....castletroy has gone bat **** crazy with traffic in the evenings now.

Going to get even worse with the 600 extra jobs out there and a plot of land beside CC just sold for 8.5 million which is zoned for residential!!

Going to get even worse with the 600 extra jobs out there and a plot of land beside CC just sold for 8.5 million which is zoned for residential!!

Dooradoyle/raheen wont be far behind it it with all the new houses they are building near the new school

I left work at 5:25 and just made mellow street for 6:15 , if I'm heading home instead of two my 22km take me about 40 min!

Too many cars on the roads!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I left work at 5:25 and just made mellow street for 6:15 , if I'm heading home instead of two my 22km take me about 40 min!

Should start a discussion on using a bike in Limerick

****I joke, don't please! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

says the motorist :rolleyes: :pac:

yop wrote: »
    Should start a discussion on using a bike in Limerick

****I joke, don't please! :D
    where is Zulutango when u need him LOL:D:D:D:D:D:D our Bike expert

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Right here! The comments above are unintelligible though, so I have no idea how to respond :D

Dooradoyle/raheen wont be far behind it it with all the new houses they are building near the new school

Nah thats more down near Mungret. Rest of Raheen should be fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Best place to get a hand car wash?

NCT coming up on Monday so need to get a decent one. The one at Londis on the Dock Road looks decent, any idea of what time they're around and price?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

They're good and If it's a Monday they won't be too busy. The next one out at the Top Oil Station(is it still Topoil), next to Roches Feeds. They're the same price and they're good as well.

Either that or over behind Maxol on the Dublin road, nearer the NCT place. I'd go to the Top oil because after they dry the car, because they're quieter, there is less risk of overspray from the car behind you cancelling out the chamois process. I just don't like spots drying on the windows/paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Are the crowd out the Ennis Road where the Shamrock is any good?

keane2097 wrote: »
    Are the crowd out the Ennis Road where the Shamrock is any good?

i dont think they are , heard it from a few people before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I normally wash my own cars but if I am too lazy to break out the washing gear I go to either washes on the dock road.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement