Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ahh feck, if I'd known you were there IO your shoulders would've come in handy as I could barely see anything at all with the crowd that was in there! :D

No worries! :) I left shortly after the band started. Had to meet a different gang of friends at the opposite side of town. It was pretty damn busy for a Thursday evening though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

No worries! :) I left shortly after the band started. Had to meet a different gang of friends at the opposite side of town. It was pretty damn busy for a Thursday evening though!

I think Texas finished their set about half 8 and we left after that, but Dolan's got a fair crowd in too I think, not sure who was playing there though, but the crowd coming out were noisy enough! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Any casual dining place in Limerick that does good (tasty & decent portion) ribs?

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Any casual dining place in Limerick that does good (tasty & decent portion) ribs?

"chocolat" on o' connell street do ribs anyway, I've seen it on their menu, never tried them though, maybe a search through the places to eat thread for ribs might throw up something?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,830 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

"chocolat" on o' connell street do ribs anyway, I've seen it on their menu, never tried them though, maybe a search through the places to eat thread for ribs might throw up something?

Texas Steak Out on O Connell st also had pretty good ribs..

• Advertisement

I would also consider eating out in Castletroy, is that Italian place by the spar shop still open? Does it have tables or is it just take away? I can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

la cucina, yes, its open, and they have tables. its awesome.

zuroph wrote: »
    la cucina, yes, its open, and they have tables. its awesome.

How awesome. On a scale from here to there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

How awesome. On a scale from here to there.

all the way there....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

all the way there....

and back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Has won best casual dining in Ireland awards in recent years. that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,830 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Someone just threw a banger into a bin outside BT. Scared the living shoite out of one of the girls in the shoe department.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Anyone know what the council are doing on Patrick Street?
    They've temporarily/permanently removed parking along the side of Arthur's Quay SC.

They've temporarily/permanently removed parking along the side of Arthur's Quay SC.

It wouldn't have anything to do with the activities day down in the milk market in aid of Limerick Animal Welfare?

Great day down here too btw! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

They've been at it all week, digging into the sewerage system I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Omg the ribs there are AMAZING. They're so soft and they just fall off the bone.

*Homer Simpson style drooling*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

SarahBeep! wrote: »

Omg the ribs there are AMAZING. They're so soft and they just fall off the bone.

Had some for a starter in there yesterday, they were brilliant.

That's my lunch sorted for tomorrow then! :p

I just usually had the chicken fajitas in there before, they were delicious too! :D

Someone just threw a banger into a bin outside BT. Scared the living shoite out of one of the girls in the shoe department.

Yep, it's definitely that time of year again, just heard one going off there now down near Dolans, my wife thought it was a gunshot at first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Yep, it's definitely that time of year again, just heard one going off there now down near Dolans, my wife thought it was a gunshot at first.

We heard it too, really sounded like a gunshot!

• Advertisement

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    We heard it too, really sounded like a gunshot!

Best not tell my wife that, I'll never hear the end of it all night, lol :p

At least with the odd banger going off, I can still get some sleep, on the other hand when when my wife goes off- NOBODY gets any sleep! :eek:

*runs and dives for cover* :p

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The signs that were up this evening as they were working said it was to do with the traffic light system.

Maybe digging up the old cables and putting down new ones or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Forgot how funny this was.

'It's a joke!!'
    'You hit the nail on the head there kid'

Forgot how funny this was.

'It's a joke!!'
    'You hit the nail on the head there kid'

17 minutes SB? :eek:

This had better be epic funny! :D

*plugs in headphones*

EDIT: There's something very wrong when a guy with a plastic bag on his head is the only one talking any sense! :D

"I'm an artist Joe, but I lovvve money!" :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

17 minutes SB? :eek:

This had better be epic funny! :D

*plugs in headphones*

Easily the greatest episode of Live Line ever committed to pod-cast. Instant classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Anyone know where I can buy a Scythe in the area? :D (Not a plastic halloween one; looking for a real one for a DIY Project I'm doing)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I'd try the Co-ops maybe the one in Raheen but I'd say you'd have better luck with the more farm orientated ones. I know there is one in Cappamore and one in Newport.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The Snipe wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can buy a Scythe in the area? :D (Not a plastic halloween one; looking for a real one for a DIY Project I'm doing)

`

What kind of effed up DIY project would need a full sized scythe?

You should be able to source a hand scythe at any good garden centre as well as in the likes of 4home or Woodies.

If you are planning something like trying to cut the grass at your hose with a full sized scythe, could you post on here first when you are planning the event because I want to watch (from a safe distance) as toes start to fly through the air. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Kess73 wrote: »
    `

What kind of effed up DIY project would need a full sized scythe?

You should be able to source a hand scythe at any good garden centre as well as in the likes of 4home or Woodies.

If you are planning something like trying to cut the grass at your hose with a full sized scythe, could you post on here first when you are planning the event because I want to watch (from a safe distance) as toes start to fly through the air. :D

Nope even stupider idea!

Possibly my stupidest most dangerous idea to date! FIRE SCYTHE! :D (Project with myself and a few other Fire Perfomers! :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭jonski

do you need one to keep or would a loan of one do ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement