Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

The farm specific section of the coop in raheen (separate building, behind the household/garden building) should sort ya out. They have slash hooks anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The Snipe wrote: »
    Nope even stupider idea!

Possibly my stupidest most dangerous idea to date! FIRE SCYTHE! :D (Project with myself and a few other Fire Perfomers! :D)

So give us a bit of an idea as to what will happen. I think we can work out that the blade of the scythe will be covered with something flammable and will be lit.

If it is to involve you jumping over the lit scythe, can I offer myself as a volunteer to swing the scythe? :pac:

What about a flaming sledgehammer? That could be good as well.:)

langdang wrote: »
    The farm specific section of the coop in raheen (separate building, behind the household/garden building) should sort ya out. They have slash hooks anyway...

Are you trying to say something about him and his culture? :D

Not at all! First thing I bought when I moved to limerick.
    Man, did I feel silly when all the neighbours had strimmers and lawnmowers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Kess73 wrote: »
    So give us a bit of an idea as to what will happen. I think we can work out that the blade of the scythe will be covered with something flammable and will be lit.

If it is to involve you jumping over the lit scythe, can I offer myself as a volunteer to swing the scythe? :pac:

What about a flaming sledgehammer? That could be good as well.:)

Drill two holes in the scythe blade, on both ends, wrap it in Kevlar Wick and bolt it in place. Then douse it in Fuel and light it :D

Should be an interesting one to make; I've seen a video of it being performed and it looks savage so I'm interested in giving it a go. If I could find someone that could make me one that was blunt it'd be a lot easier and safer; but I can't as of yet! :(

• Advertisement

Drill two holes in the scythe blade, on both ends, wrap it in Kevlar Wick and bolt it in place. Then douse it in Fuel and light it :D

Should be an interesting one to make; I've seen a video of it being performed and it looks savage so I'm interested in giving it a go. If I could find someone that could make me one that was blunt it'd be a lot easier and safer; but I can't as of yet! :(

And you then spin it around whilst it is on fire to create the illusions of trails of flame etc?

Probably would look pretty cool.

Yerp! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Looking for a decent costume shop in the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Sar_Bear wrote: »

The Glitzy Bitz store in Arthur's Quay is moving its costume shop to either O'Connell St or Cruises. They usually have a few bits n pieces.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Sar_Bear wrote: »

The only one I can think of is the Magic Shop. He's on the corner of Catherine Street and Cecil Street these days.

• Advertisement

Another place open on Ellen street now.
    Woodies have (or used to have) a costume/party section.

Slash hooks and costumes. I'm incriminating myself more round here every day...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I too am on the look-out for costume materials. Hoping to get most of what I need in the charity shops though.

Going as a hobo? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Almost have mine sorted. Just need one last item of clothing.

Going as a hobo? :D

A hobo of the sea! Pirate party, yaaaaarrrrr.

To quote the YouTube star, Bo Burnham, "What's a pirate minus the ship? Just a creative homeless guy!" :D

You Sir, Scare me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Thanks everyone, went to the place on Ellen St,they have so much stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Please don't be a mankini. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

*hides silver thong I just bought in penneys behind my back*

Back to the drawing board then! :(

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

*hides silver thong I just bought in penneys behind my back*

Back to the drawing board then! :(

:pac:

Damn well that costume is ruined! :D

• Advertisement

Any ideas of where a man could get himself a dark coloured bandana in town? Or even somewhere doing cheap cloth that I could cut/tie for myself?

Any ideas of where a man could get himself a dark coloured bandana in town? Or even somewhere doing cheap cloth that I could cut/tie for myself?

Isn't there an army surplus shop or an outdoorsy shop somewhere around town? I wonder (not being funny now) but would Hickeys stock yards of the stuff you could cut to measure? :|

Try the army surplus store on Foxes bow or Darkside also on Foxes Bow.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Try the army surplus store on Foxes bow or Darkside also on Foxes Bow.

Cheers! :) I couldn't find any in Darkside an hour ago, but I'll try the surplus store next chance I get.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I've had a few drinks tonight so I'm hoping its not beer goggles.

I'm not posting much here on boards anymore but I replied to a post
    today or maybe it was yesterday and I cant find it anymore.

As far as I'm aware I broke no boards rules in replying and I got no PM's from any moderators to say they have locked or deleted my post. And I didn't delete it myself.

It was the thread which was what limerick needs. Which I posted a scan of a letter about a local park that was supposedly being built circa 2009/2010 which has yet to be started/completed.

Can anyone reading this post find the thread? I've looked and cant find it.
    I've checked my profile posting history statistics looking for all posts by bullets and its mysteriously vanished without explanation. The last post that appears on my history is the Clay Pigeon one and before that it was a post from 3 weeks ago. The post in question does not appear on my history.

If any of our moderators deleted the entire thread or just deleted my post
    can they let me know for what reason?

Hopefully its not me going blind or nuts and there's an explanation for its
    disappearance.

(This post isnt appearing in my history either yet here I am...eeekkk!!)
    ~B

bullets wrote: »
    I've had a few drinks tonight so I'm hoping its not beer goggles.

*high-fives*

I'm enjoying a bottle of Duvel myself. Goes well with this steak sandwich I just cooked. :cool:
    It was the thread which was what limerick needs. Which I posted a scan of a letter about a local park that was supposedly being built circa 2009/2010 which has yet to be started/completed.

If any of our moderators deleted the entire thread or just deleted my post
    can they let me know for what reason?

You're not going mad. That thread was bumped up from 5 years ago by a re-reg troll (Vanolder/lookingforlove/bigjohn80). A CMod deleted lookingforlove's troll posts and we cleaned up any replies to the necro-threads afterwards.

Spoil Sports. Would have been nice manners if they had let people know.
    I'm a terrible speller so frequently look back on my posts to correct errors
    (only reason I noticed tonight)

One of the reasons why I don't post much any more is because of little things like this that aggravate me about boards in general.

Fine if someone is abusive or if a thread is reported, or if someone is breaking charter rules or being disruptive lock the thread, delete it or ban someone.

But for anything else I personally think that mods across the entire of boards should just leave threads die off naturally. If users want to go off topic, stay on topic, or re-activate an old thread there's no harm in it, and its keeping a forum/board alive with activity.

(I should have posted that on the recent Limerick feedback thread but I think somebody else mentioned
    something similar...ish already)

~B

Spoil Sports. Would have been nice manners if they had let people know.

How about from now on we just let you deal with the re-reg trolls?

The kind who get banned for gross personal abuse in the afternoon and re-register to question the mods' sexuality in the evening? The ones who come back first thing the following morning to bump up 10 threads from 2005/06 with gibberish? The ones who post threads containing graphic messages about intimate parts of their body at 8:30 in the morning, and then re-reg again in the middle of the afternoon to bump another 21 threads from 6/7 years of this forum's history?

Do you want us to leave posts by trolls of that calibre up for the world to see, just because you got a few "Thanks" for highlighting a politician's broken promise?

Fuck no. It's not going to happen.

How about from now on we just let you deal with the re-reg trolls?

The kind who get banned for gross personal abuse in the afternoon and re-register to question the mods' sexuality in the evening? The ones who come back first thing the following morning to bump up 10 threads from 2005/06 with gibberish? The ones who post threads containing graphic messages about intimate parts of their body at 8:30 in the morning, and then re-reg again in the middle of the afternoon to bump another 21 threads from 6/7 years of this forum's history?

Do you want us to leave posts by trolls of that calibre up for the world to see, just because you got a few "Thanks" for highlighting a politician's broken promise?

Fuck no. It's not going to happen.

If I had my way there would probably be total anarchy and boards
    would have been sued a million times over with liable cases, I would whole
    hearty never ever want to be in charge here or volunteering to be a mod.
    (It does not stop me getting irritated at things from a user perspective though)

If there are troll posts that's fair enough.
    My Mrs. is after telling me there a few mins ago there was someone
    acting the idiot and posting gibberish this morning which I was unaware of.

as a user checking in periodically I did not seen any of these as they were being posted or as they were deleted. (Which in one sense is great because it means the mods are acting very fast and are pro-active) If the thread was locked with a moderator note letting people know why the thread was locked and that there was posts deleted at least people would have known someone was acting the bollox and the mods had taken action. (And I would not be putting my foot in my mouth)

Out of drink so I'm out.
    Gnite.
    ~B

• Advertisement

I've always been a bit slow on the uptake me, so it'll probably come as no surprise to some, but I've just discovered the joys of internet radio on my mobile! Oh the joys of never having to listen to Spin or 95fm again! :D

Now, I'm off to gangnam stylie my way down O' Connell street! :eek:

I am, yeah. :rolleyes: :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement