Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Just noticed today the lovely lantern lights are being taken away from Sarsfield Bridge and replaced with common generic street lights .... sad I loved those lantern lights especially around Xmastime or on a wet miserable evening they lifted the spirits. :mad:
    Even if the lights needed updating could they not have retained the lantern casing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

Callan57 wrote: »
    Just noticed today the lovely lantern lights are being taken away from Sarsfield Bridge and replaced with common generic street lights .... sad I loved those lantern lights especially around Xmastime or on a wet miserable evening they lifted the spirits. :mad:
    Even if the lights needed updating could they not have retained the lantern casing?

They are reconditioning the old lanterns they should be back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

They are reconditioning the old lanterns they should be back soon.

Ah that's brilliant .... delighted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Man, I drove past the old bakery at the top of william street where a bookies is now. Drove there tonight, there were 3 hookers dressed like out and out hookers. I couldn't believe it. So I went to run my errand at Ballysimon and decided to drive back to check if they were still there (Assuring me they were really hookers) and they were there. This time I came from wickham street side. Got stuck at the red light and all 3 were eyeballing me. Can't believe how out and out they are, surely the guards know this too!!

Ya I drove past a girl (who looked like a street-walker) hanging around outside Leonard Motors on Sunday night. I drove up as far as Claughaun GAA club to drop a friend off and then turned back for home. On my way back I was heading down Roches St and saw the same girl standing near the junction of O'Connell St. There's no way she could have walked from Mulgrave St to the bottom of Roches St in 5 minutes...in high heels.

It seemed to me like she must have been picked up in a car (by a pimp) and driven down there. Or a punter picked her up and they couldn't agree on a price so he dropped her off. It is fairly blatant and I don't like to see it carrying on in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I saw them on the corner of Glentworth St and Catherine St not so long ago on a Wednesday evening in the summer at about 7pm! They certainly arent afraid about being in the open with Henry st Garda station in their line of sight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

Just thought you all should know, I'm having a great time in Italy. Who fancies beers in the next while.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

source wrote: »
    Just thought you all should know, I'm having a great time in Italy. Who fancies beers in the next while.

Beers in Italy? Yeah, go on sure, if you're offering. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

source wrote: »

I like beer. . .

http://youtu.be/yZD4heGsPks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

Just to make people aware that there is an individual out in town today approaching people and asking them to sponsor a line for "Crumlin Hospital". This individual has no association whatsoever with the "Children's Medical and Research Foundation" which is the official registered fundraising charity of Our Lady's Children's Hospital Crumlin.

I questioned the individual for their licenced ID because the "lines" they produced look like they were done on a home printer with "Crumlin Children's Hospital" on it. It's basically a scam that this individual is trying to use to make money for themselves, and nothing to do with either the hospital nor the fundraising organisation

Young Munster rugby club are having an open day/registration day today for anyone interested in getting their kids involved in rugby, fun day out for everyone- bouncy castles, barbecue, out in the Young Munster club grounds! :)

• Advertisement

I love firefox and adblocker had no idea what you lot were waffling on about :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Anyone know if there's a dentist that does student prices?? Wisdom teeth are gonna need to go!! :(

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's a dentist that does student prices?? Wisdom teeth are gonna need to go!! :(

You could give Cora in Alexandra Dental a call in the morning on 061315228, I know it's subjective but I found the dentist in there very good, and she knocked a bit off the price for me too when I had to have three fillings and a polish done, so perhaps she may have a student rate too.

Never let it be said there's any shortage of public conveniences in Limerick-

Image116_1.jpg

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Maybe they were going for this: (passed it when i was in new york)

[IMG][/img]charmin_zps601e966b.jpg

Man, I drove past the old bakery at the top of william street where a bookies is now.

This sign is at that spot too, much nicer than the modern attractions :D

Apparently there's a bad accident by the rail line on N69/Dock Road. Big tail back and loads of flashing blue lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

anyone heard the rumor that Mumford and sons are playing smyths bar tonight?

I'm sure its complete nonsense, cause it'd be advertised way more?

Tea_Bag wrote: »

It's Arthur's day, big acts do surprise gigs in bars all over the country. So it's quite possible.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Tea_Bag wrote: »

Small bit of chat about it in the Arthur's Day thread. Not convinced meself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

More likely Mundy or the like :rolleyes:

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that Amy MacDonald will make an appearance SOMEwhere in Limerick! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

I'd be happy with that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that Amy MacDonald will make an appearance SOMEwhere in Limerick! :D

If only........:)

She was singing live on tv in Dublin this morning though, so I would imagine she will be in a Dublin venue.:(

Kess73 wrote: »

She was singing live on tv in Dublin this morning though, so I would imagine she will be in a Dublin venue.:(

35onan.jpg

:(

Kess73 wrote: »

Also she was on with Ray D'Arcy this morning and she said she was playing somewhere in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Smyths got Texas

Texas rockin' the F out in Smyths!

Image138_1.jpg

Apologies if the image appears stretchy, resized on the fly on mobile! :o

And you never came over to say "Hi"... :(

• Advertisement

And you never came over to say "Hi"... :(

Ahh feck, if I'd known you were there IO your shoulders would've come in handy as I could barely see anything at all with the crowd that was in there! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement