Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Lads and lasses, I have to admit. There is really no one like the staff in Barringtons hospital, they are the greatest bunch of people I've ever met in a hospital (And my sister is a nurse!) I was in there today to get 4 wisdom teeth removed under General. And they really did everything they could to make it as comfortable and as painless as they humanly could!

They really would litterly stand on their heads for you if you wanted them too like! Absolutely top class!

With the amount of hospital admissions I've had in the last 12 months with collapsed lungs etc. I've spent an awful lot of time in the Regional & Johns, and nothing really compares!

So, just wanted to get this out there! Thank you to all the staff in Barringtons Hospital you really are great! I might have had to spend a few thousand euro for the surgery, but it was worth every penny of it for the service I received! Thank you all!

(You'll be surprised that they would more then likely see this!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

Keep the teeth and you can dress up as Dracula for Halloween! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Can't going as a creeper from Minecraft :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Anybody know the story with The Office Bar? It has changed it's name to the library and has supposedly moved to Carr Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Anybody know the story with The Office Bar? It has changed it's name to the library and has supposedly moved to Carr Street?

The office is still where it was. Two lads who ran the office now run the library on Cornmarket Row and they just changed their FB page to The Library!

• Advertisement

Overheard outside a doctors office just now as I was out for a smoke, two shams chatting away and one of 'em texting on his phone-

Sham 1: That's a fair small phone?

Sham 2: Ah yeah, sure I had one of yknow them apple iphones? Size of it sure t'was massive, I'm still trying to find yer man to give it back to him! (laughs)

Me: :eek:

Hey folks,

Anyone know where I could get one of these (or similiar) around town?

AAAADLTvoKUAAAAAABfNVg.jpeg

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭source

Hey folks,

Cheers

IO might know, he's into his hats.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Hey folks,

Cheers

Insect Overlord might be the man to ask.

If you ask him overlord to overlord he might let you have one of his. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

I have one of those, wouldn't fir your head though :p

Try Claires.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

source wrote: »
    IO might know, he's into his hats.
    Kess73 wrote: »
    Insect Overlord might be the man to ask.

If you ask him overlord to overlord he might let you have one of his. ;)

You guys know me too well... >_>

I've always had to get my hats in Dublin. H&M in Dundrum was where I got my last one, but I think they got rid of the men's section in their shop in the Crescent.

Debenhams stock them from time to time but charge a hell of a lot more for them.

Have a pin stripe suit at home so was gonna purchase the hat and a toy gun for the ole gangster look :)

Thanks lads.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Try the Magic Shop. He might have something like that for a costume. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Or we could arrange a cage fight. Winner gets the title of true overlord along with IO's hat collection.

Afterall when one man claims to be an Insect overlord and another claims to be a supreme overlord, we really should find a way to get a winner.

Or we could arrange a cage fight. Winner gets the title of true overlord along with IO's hat collection.

Afterall when one man claims to be an Insect overlord and another claims to be a supreme overlord, we really should find a way to get a winner.

I should probably clarify, IO is overlord over Insects. Even though my name is NoCheese, I am the supreme cheese overlord :o

We can still fight to the death though :pac:

I'll take €20 on IO, with a name like that, surely "dance like a butterfly, sting like a bee" would be only second nature to him! :D

Think my head is too big for a fedora actually, I couldn't pull it off like DNC or IO... I'd probably manage to look more like porky pig! :(

future_loser_2418.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭adaminho

Upstairs in Costellos, book it!

adaminho wrote: »
    Upstairs in Costellos, book it!

I'm sure Flan would put decent odds on it and all! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Who is Dennis?

There is a sign on the Shannon Dual Carriageway outside a house(by the Caherdavin exit). It's big and red and Says "Dennis??"

Also,

Next time you're in the crescent shopping centre car park driving along by the big car park down by next. The speed limit on the road is 10km/h. I challenge you to drive at 10km/h. It's possible but you put more concentration into doing 10km/h than you do keeping attention on the road. :rolleyes:

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

More rant than waffle.
    Was out last night, but had to take the car, so was on the dry.
    In an otherwise great pub, that looked after a group of us very well, I got charged 5 euro for a non-alcoholic beer. FFS, it cost me more to stay sober than have a real beer. Don't want to name the pub, as I'm normally a big fan :-)
    (Minor) rant over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭source

More rant than waffle.
    Was out last night, but had to take the car, so was on the dry.
    In an otherwise great pub, that looked after a group of us very well, I got charged 5 euro for a non-alcoholic beer. FFS, it cost me more to stay sober than have a real beer. Don't want to name the pub, as I'm normally a big fan :-)
    (Minor) rant over.

It is crazy, being the designated driver on a night out is very expensive. IMO there should be a year round designated driver campaign like they run at Christmas. Either free minerals or reduced priceD minerals / non-alcoholic beers for designated drivers.

Non Alcoholic Beer costs 25% cheaper for the publican to buy so should be 25% cheaper than the alcoholic version in most cases.

What's non-alcoholic??

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Hey guys, if anyone knows anyone missing a Jack Russell, I have a friend who found a stray one and she has asked around and rang vets but nobody knows anything. Drop me a PM if anyone hears anything please!

I nearly got side swiped by some stupid woman on the Tipperary Interchange. That new lane coming from the bypass onto the flyover is causing a right nuisance.

It has a Yield sign but she assumed that she could just barge into the lane I was driving in.(I was crossing the bridge). She blew me out of it and flashed her lights.

YIELD SIGN!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I nearly got side swiped by some stupid woman on the Tipperary Interchange. That new lane coming from the bypass onto the flyover is causing a right nuisance.

It has a Yield sign but she assumed that she could just barge into the lane I was driving in.(I was crossing the bridge). She blew me out of it and flashed her lights.

YIELD SIGN!!! :mad:

the cheek of her, I use that on a regular basis, exiting the motorway and it makes it far more efficient, blatanlly obvious it is yield(as if the yield sign isn't enough), I suppose she is one of those ' I am the ONLY person on the planet' brigade

Did a clear out and now have a stalk of boy toys on my table if anyone wants them, a big box of those little green army men, a table top football game, two of those road patterned floor mats and a few other little bits, going free to a good home.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭phog

Did a clear out and now have a stalk of boy toys on my table if anyone wants them, a big box of those little green army men, a table top football game, two of those road patterned floor mats and a few other little bits, going free to a good home.

I think Adapt House would take them off your hands and be very happy to do so especially this time of year.

Excellent idea Phog, will drop them off tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

So far so good on the trick or treating front, all good mannerly ghosts and goblins so far! Shame on any of you that bailed out or are hiding all the lights turned off ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement