Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Anyone try that new chipper in Ballycummin yet? Havent heard anything about it, and its been open a few weeks now

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mc Love wrote: »
    Anyone try that new chipper in Ballycummin yet? Havent heard anything about it, and its been open a few weeks now

Did not know there was a new one there. Is it where Slatterys used to be?

The chipper that opened on the Father Russell road, Fratellis, is quite decent though. .

Kess73 wrote: »
    Did not know there was a new one there. Is it where Slatterys used to be?

The chipper that opened on the Father Russell road, Fratellis, is quite decent though. .

Yeah thats where it is - havent a clue what the name of it is though!

In the area, Tony's on Mulcair road is the best chipper by far!

Yeah thats where it is - havent a clue what the name of it is though!

In the area, Tony's on Mulcair road is the best chipper by far!

Pass it a lot but never tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ABlur

Yeah great chips!

• Advertisement

Pass it a lot but never tried it.

On your run? Next time you are feeling peckish try it! The place by Collins has to be the worst though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Is it me or are there tons of foxes at night on the Condell Road. From the Shannon Bridge to the Coonagh roundabout I passed 5 and there was 1 dead on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭fredo1664

I drive daily on the Condell Road and I have seen quite a lot of them recently, but I don't know if they were always the same 2-3 or if there's an ongoing invasion :-)
    I also often run there early morning, and I once passed one which didn't seem too afraid. It just stayed there watching me. I assumed I was safe and these things won't attack people?

On your run? Next time you are feeling peckish try it! The place by Collins has to be the worst though!

I rarely run through that part of Raheen. I drive through on occasion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

This new bus service is already getting on my nerves. >:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

roast wrote: »
    This new bus service is already getting on my nerves. >:(

There are 3 304's (castletroy-town-raheen) all on the same roundabout now!! Yet my sweatbox is the only one with people on it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    There are 3 304's (castletroy-town-raheen) all on the same roundabout now!! Yet my sweatbox is the only one with people on it...

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

Seriously?

What age are you?

Did you get lost on your way to after hour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭MHalberstram

source wrote: »

Seriously?

What age are you?

Is there an ignore feature on boards so I don't have to read a persons posts. I'd really like to add say_who_now to it if so. Obnoxious isn't the word and their attitude is seriously making me reconsider posting in the Limerick forum again. They've already driven one poster away from here in the past week.

Seriously?

What age are you?

eh? I'm lost now source?

I've often referred to the bus as a sardine tin myself, a sweat box is a new but pretty accurate description. I think you've taken me up wrong perhaps! :o

Is there an ignore feature on boards so I don't have to read a persons posts. I'd really like to add say_who_now to it if so. Obnoxious isn't the word and their attitude is seriously making me reconsider posting in the Limerick forum again. They've already driven one poster away from here in the past week.

You can left-click on my username and "add "say_who_now?" to Ignore List.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

Seriously?

What age are you?

eh? I'm lost now source?

I've often referred to the bus as a sardine tin myself, a sweat box is a new but pretty accurate description. I think you've taken me up wrong perhaps! :o

Then it may be beneficial for you to articulate your point better.

Highlighting the word sweatbox quoted from a female poster, then putting nothing but a smiley face in your post comes across as nothing short of juvenile.

If I took you up wrong then I apologies, but it came across as crass.

Then it may be beneficial for you to articulate your point better.

Highlighting the word sweatbox quoted from a female poster, then putting nothing but a smiley face in your post comes across as nothing short of juvenile.

Ah source will you stop, you read into that WAY too much! I was laughing at the way she referred to the bus she was on as a sweatbox!

But yes, I can see how you might have seen it now, truly that's not the way it was intended, nor anything like it, but I take your point and certainly I'll keep it in mind for future reference! :o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Is it me or are there tons of foxes at night on the Condell Road. From the Shannon Bridge to the Coonagh roundabout I passed 5 and there was 1 dead on the road.
    fredo1664 wrote: »
    I drive daily on the Condell Road and I have seen quite a lot of them recently, but I don't know if they were always the same 2-3 or if there's an ongoing invasion :-)
    I also often run there early morning, and I once passed one which didn't seem too afraid. It just stayed there watching me. I assumed I was safe and these things won't attack people?

Saw another two of the little things last night. One hiding behind a tree around the corner from Salesians, the other in an awful condition in the cycle lane a hundred yards further out the road. :( My own theory is that they've started to move towards the Condell Road since the tunnel and the roads around it were built up.

Also, any opportunity to plug my poems! This one seems relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭jonski

I was bringing my daughter home from one of her hectic social life partys the other night and I came back into town over the shannon banks bridge ( I am sure it has it's own name but I can't remember it now ) and there was a fox standing in the middle of the road with a " what ? , you never saw a fox before " look on his face and a " I'll finish crossing the road when I am ready " attitude . It seemed young , I guess all teenagers are the same .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

jonski wrote: »
    I guess all teenagers are the same .

You just don't understand!!!!

:p

Saw another two of the little things last night. One hiding behind a tree around the corner from Salesians, the other in an awful condition in the cycle lane a hundred yards further out the road. :( My own theory is that they've started to move towards the Condell Road since the tunnel and the roads around it were built up.

Also, any opportunity to plug my poems! This one seems relevant.

What you are seeing is this year's kits. The ones born later in the season will be a bit gangly legged to look at and skinnier in build to an adult fox. In a few months those that survive will be adult sized.

Fox mortality in that side of town has become very high since all the changes came in with the roads/tunnel etc and as a result the litter sizes of the foxes have increased to cope with the higher mortality rate. Foxes will, within a breeding season or two, go from regular sized litters to much larger litters to combat the effect of areas that see more kits die from outside factors like predators, vehicles etc.

Nice poem btw, I like the stanza lay out as it created a nice flow. The lack of a finishing couplet worked also.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

On a totally unrelated note...

Hmmmmm that is a ban hammer type tune......:eek:

Hmmmmm that is a ban hammer type tune......:eek:

I should use it as my entrance music. Now all I need is a cool costume.

I should use it as my entrance music. Now all I need is a cool costume.

How about one of these?

http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/986401/Unfortunate/

Either that or I break out the Iron Man body paint again... >_>
    That's one photo I'll never be posting here! :eek:

That would be a very interesting shenanigan to watch.

It's a mental image I never want to have put into my head again. :eek:

• Advertisement

It's a mental image I never want to have put into my head again. :eek:

I was down in Cork when they attempted the World Record for most people in body paint. Great fun!

But yes, the one photograph I got from that afternoon did seem to disturb the lads a bit... :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement