Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Meant to ask, were there many fireworks over the weekend? Was out of town. Wonder will there be many tonight?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Meant to ask, were there many fireworks over the weekend? Was out of town. Wonder will there be many tonight?!
    Shelling has died down here for a while..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭source

Snow? Ray D'Arcy has said it's snowing in Limerick, any truth to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

langdang wrote: »
    Shelling has died down here for a while..

A few of the lads in Dublin said it was like the blitzkrieg last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Lovely, no power until 6pm in my neighbourhood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Bravo to the genius responsible for laying the new road surface on Ellen St.

Might have been an idea to put the tarmac sloping DOWN into the drains as opposed to UP into them.

The junction at Instore was like a swimming pool yesterday morning when I drove past.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Mc Love wrote: »
    Lovely, no power until 6pm in my neighbourhood
    What happened?? Mine went in castletroy at about 2am but only for 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

source wrote: »
    Snow? Ray D'Arcy has said it's snowing in Limerick, any truth to it?

I was out running before 06:00 and there was no snow.

Methinks he is talking shyte. ..... So a regular Ray D'Arcy show then. :)

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    What happened?? Mine went in castletroy at about 2am but only for 20 mins.
    No idea, must be doing work

• Registered Users Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭source

Kess73 wrote: »

I was out running before 06:00 and there was no snow.

Methinks he is talking shyte. ..... So a regular Ray D'Arcy show then. :)

Apparently it was snowing earlier in north cork/south limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

There was snow up in the hills at the boarder of Tipperary, not much but it was there.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Just back from Mungret Amenity Centre(nice name for Dump) and I must say its great value for €5. I had the bathroom re-tiled and a new bathroom suite so all old tiles and bathroom suite had to go down along with other stuff we found lying around. €5 for a cars worth of stuff.

It's weird it only opens at 10am considering they have to do nothing as we do all the work. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Just back from Mungret Amenity Centre(nice name for Dump) and I must say its great value for €5. I had the bathroom re-tiled and a new bathroom suite so all old tiles and bathroom suite had to go down along with other stuff we found lying around. €5 for a cars worth of stuff.

It's weird it only opens at 10am considering they have to do nothing as we do all the work. :confused:

If you are there early the lads are all there well before 10am...cleaning up and moving stuff around as well as assisting in the processing and logistics in getting what we bring in back out again...everything we bring in goes back out by truck.

I think the place is brilliant and a great amenity to have, and everything is always so exact in there its a credit to the workforce there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Any of ye going to the Owensie album launch in Ormston House this eve? Sounds like a sweet record.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Nice to see the council resurfacing the Ennis Road in the early hours this morning, about frickin' time says I.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Nice to see the council resurfacing the Ennis Road in the early hours this morning, about frickin' time says I.

So miracles do happen.

So miracles do happen.

i was sitting at the stop go system there the other night and a pig flew right by me....

i was sitting at the stop go system there the other night and a pig flew right by me....

Ah well they are allowed do that if they have the siren on. :pac:

I want some bacon now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

So pigs do fly???

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭manna452121

Getting it ready for the bus lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Getting it ready for the bus lane.

If they are putting a bus lane toward town that is quite a waste, only the airport bus goes in that way!

If they are putting a bus lane toward town that is quite a waste, only the airport bus goes in that way!

Didn't stop them making sh*t of Mulgrave Street. Never seen a bus on it and if there was it would crash into the number of car parked in the legal spaces on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭manna452121

They put one on The Condell rd and who is using it?

They put one on The Condell rd and who is using it?

I am between 10am-3pm and 6pm-7am. Nobody else does and I'm often nearly hit by cars not expecting me on their left as they decide to switch lanes by Advance Pitstop. Can't be blamed because people cannot read signs.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I am between 10am-3pm and 6pm-7am. Nobody else does and I'm often nearly hit by cars not expecting me on their left as they decide to switch lanes by Advance Pitstop. Can't be blamed because people cannot read signs.

*high fives*

Makes two of us!

Just saw a wasp!!! Its fecking november, how are they still around?

Mc Love wrote: »
    Just saw a wasp!!! Its fecking november, how are they still around?

One tried to come in the window of my dads jeep right after the hailstones the other day. Why can't they just die.

• Advertisement

One tried to come in the window of my dads jeep right after the hailstones the other day. Why can't they just die.

I had one in the En Suite the other day. Odd place to find it but still.

Wasps die each year because of the cold but last year it was very mild. I understand this year is going to be very cold so they may die off during November.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement