Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

Dingle marathon is on today, might be a bit busy down here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Midnight last night there was a HUGE checkpoint at TK Maxx, loads of Gardaí, marked and unmarked cars, loads of cars pulled over. And it wasnt tax & insurance either coz the car in front of us they stopped they opened the passanger door and were looking in with a torch, think they looked in the glove box an everything and I've NEVER seen that at a check point.

They just looked at my friend and waved him on, didnt even ask for licence which was strange considering how through they were with other cars and especially because he's a 23 year old young fella, they almost ask for details and ID outta habit like.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

source wrote: »
    Dingle marathon is on today, might be a bit busy down here

Good thing I'm not going until tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

I hate driving up William St during the day time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I lol'd last night when I saw a taxi driver with a parking ticket at the door of the hospital. Frankly, it isn't worth the paper it's written on because they have no jurisdiction under law but still giving a taxi driver a taxi at the door of the hospital is gas.

Taxi or regular car, it was abandoned and only a few of the drivers do blood and file transfers and he wasn't one. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I lol'd last night when I saw a taxi driver with a parking ticket at the door of the hospital. Frankly, it isn't worth the paper it's written on because they have no jurisdiction under law but still giving a taxi driver a taxi at the door of the hospital is gas.

Taxi or regular car, it was abandoned and only a few of the drivers do blood and file transfers and he wasn't one. :D

You're right BB, pointless exercise is pointless, but I think the idea is to discourage illiterate cab drivers from touting for business at the entrance to the hospital where their inconsiderate parking could obstruct an ambulance trying to make it's way through.

I say illiterate taxi drivers because if they cannot read the signs on the way in then some form of deterrent must be enforced. It's just a pity under current legislation that it is not. Much like the people that used still ignore the repeated requests over the tannoy not to smoke in the entrance to the hospital and to use the smoking facilities provided instead. At least now smoking has been prohibited on the grounds of all hospitals completely. As a smoker myself this is a minor inconvenience, but I can understand why it has been implemented, unlike some cab drivers who still continue to ignore hospital policy for their own convenience.

I had my first cigarette last night but stood over in the car park across the road. I didn't want to stand around the masses smoking by the bus shelter. What makes me sick are the pregnant women standing outside on the Ennis road smoking in their pajamas. Have they no shame? :eek:

Lovely part of the country though, it must be said.

On a day like today,yes it is. :)

206046_10151081282679121_1848249936_n.jpg

323_10151081364144121_1781538324_n.jpg

Why did the council allow a scrap yard to be built on the coast? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

Where the hell did you find that weather today? Definitely wasn't like that when I left Kerry at 1300

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Where the hell did you find that weather today? Definitely wasn't like that when I left Kerry at 1300

jaysus i dunno i took the motorbike back the cost a bit today and it was cracking day for it...

Sun came out about 5 minutes after I got to Kerry, around 4pm :)

Wasps are out in force again lads, little prick left half his àrse in my arm there walking down O' Connell street! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭adaminho

Wasps are out in force again lads, little prick left half his àrse in my arm there walking down O' Connell street! :mad:

Little fecker got me on Saturday. First time ever being stung so spent hours dreading blowing up like a balloon. Baking soda and vinegar paste is the job though.

adaminho wrote: »
    Little fecker got me on Saturday. First time ever being stung so spent hours dreading blowing up like a balloon. Baking soda and vinegar paste is the job though.

Aye, picked up a tube of "Anthisan" in Robert's chemist for €6, still smarts alright, but at least I as you say Adam avoided the balloon effect, unlike a couple of months back when one stung me in the park! I wouldn't mind but I haven't been stung since I was a child growing up in the country and I'd run through a field of foxgloves, you'd say something for getting stung then, but the middle of the city centre? Must be my deodorant! :pac:

There seems to be no "Lost And Found" thread so I'll just put this here-

There's a rather large black dog, like a fat greyhound or a labrador (clearly I have no clue about dogs!) doing the block of the Dock Road (where I observed him first and he nearly walked out under a car), round by Henry Street and down again by Windmill Lane.

The dog has no collar but he looks healthy (assuming he is a labrador and not a fat greyhound!), so he has to belong to somebody. I just figure if anybody lost a black fat greyhound/labrador, looks to be about 14, he's doing the rounds down that area.

Is anyone here going to this in Dolans tonight?

http://limerickpride.ie/events/saturday-8th-2/

Limerick LGBTQ Pride Festival.
    Pride Climax Party Presented by La Boutique X Factor Star Johnny Robinson, Hosted by Sheila Fits-Patrick & Madonna Lucia, Dolans Warehouse, Dock Road. 10.00 p.m Admission 17 euro

17 euro tbh IS a bit saucy, and I couldn't have less interest in Johnny Robinson (fairness, I'd have paid €20 for the organisers to leave him at home! :pac:), but it should be a good laugh anyway! There wasn't a lot of promotion of it this year either I thought, fairly small crowd at the Hunt Museum earlier. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭fredo1664

Anybody knows where I could buy a (good) summer leather jacket in Limerick? Tried all(?) the major shops in the city centre, tried Crescent Shopping Center... I'm quite sure I've seen people wearing leather jackets in Limerick, so they must have bought them somewhere??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭adaminho

fredo1664 wrote: »
    Anybody knows where I could buy a (good) summer leather jacket in Limerick? Tried all(?) the major shops in the city centre, tried Crescent Shopping Center... I'm quite sure I've seen people wearing leather jackets in Limerick, so they must have bought them somewhere??

Saw some in Tk Maxx the other day. Also is the leather centre on Roches street still open?

fredo1664 wrote: »

Saw some in Tk Maxx the other day. Also is the leather centre on Roches street still open?

Hmm, I was going to suggest Penneys as I'd seen them in there the other day, but the OP said a GOOD leather jacket, so I'm stumped. I know Brown Thomas don't have them in anyway even though leather DOES seem to me making somewhat of a comeback this season for some strange reason! Beats the hell outta me, I left mine back in the 80's! :D

• Advertisement

Lads that RAIN!! :eek:

At least the free coffee refills in O' Connell's are going down well! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭fredo1664

I saw some in Tk Maxx in Cork yesterday but not my size, so I'll give Tk Maxx Limerick a try. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Mcjmetroid

Why so people walk SO slowly on Catherine Street. It's the only street and the only place this ever bothered me before and it's such a narrow path and people walk RIGHT in the centre.

:)

Mcjmetroid wrote: »
    Why so people walk SO slowly on Catherine Street. It's the only street and the only place this ever bothered me before and it's such a narrow path and people walk RIGHT in the centre.

:)

I remember when I was looking to lease an office space, Catherine Street has the best footfall in the city centre, there's lots of thriving cafes and businesses down there. It'd be a great location for a central town square too as we don't seem to have one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

That would take planning SWN, and we can't be having that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

That would take planning SWN, and we can't be having that.

theun.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Limerick citaaaaaay!

Where did that phrase start?

Limerick citaaaaaay!

Where did that phrase start?

Rubberbandits

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I salute you on the quickness of your response Baron.

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Beer Baron wrote: »

It's a lot older than that. Would suggest that it might go back as far as Scrap Saturday in the 1980's because I can remember the "Thas Limrack citaay" line going back a few decades.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement