Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Turn off onto the old dublin road at Finnegans Roundabout and take the first left...its on the right about 500m down...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Turn off onto the old dublin road at Finnegans Roundabout and take the first left...its on the right about 500m down...

Thanks petal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Thanks petal.

No problem princess...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Shít just got weird....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Same as going to the Mungret one instead of going to the Dooradoyle one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Thanks petal.

No problem princess...

<3

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    <3

jealous? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    <3

jealous? :cool:

Totes happy for ye!! :D

Anyone seen that dark green (possibly army) helicopter thats been buzzing back and forth Raheen all day?? Looks like it could be going in the direction of Kilmallock/Bruff??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭source

Mc Love wrote: »
    Anyone seen that dark green (possibly army) helicopter thats been buzzing back and forth Raheen all day?? Looks like it could be going in the direction of Kilmallock/Bruff??

Did it look like this:

iac_aw139_01.jpg

or this:

4075.271.jpg

Only 2 helis in use by Air Corps at the moment.

• Advertisement

The first one as far as I can tell - been going back and forth since early morning every 2 or 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,165 ✭✭✭✭phog

Could they be ferrying people to JP McManus's birhtday gig?

Wasnt that on already?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,165 ✭✭✭✭phog

Mc Love wrote: »
    Wasnt that on already?

That was for everone but he'll surely have one for his closest friends.

Just passed a fella staggering down howleys quay wearing a very stylish wife beater, holding a bags of cans and eating flowers from flower boxes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

Got bored today and made this series of videos http://limerickslife.com/walkabout-limerick-city/ I don't like boredom.

Got bored today and made this series of videos http://limerickslife.com/walkabout-limerick-city/ I don't like boredom.

I love how you were chatting away in part one stating you'd edit over the volume...then didn't :p

STEVEN!! :pac:

Grrr, stupid videos! Which one is that Dave so I can fix it ;) I'm not a camera person but I try :D

edit: Found it, and fixed it :D (had fixed the sound but then had embedded the previous version)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Just passed a fella staggering down howleys quay wearing a very stylish wife beater, holding a bags of cans and eating flowers from flower boxes...

That's Limerick citaaay

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Just passed the Red Bus tour thing parked across from The Strand hotel with 95fm on the roof so I switched over.

Trying to give away free goodie bags. LOL There's nobody on the street. They looked so depressed.

Something about €5 tours this weekend. Why would anybody listening to Limerick Live 95fm, i.e Limerick people, want to go on a bus tour of Limerick?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Something about €5 tours this weekend. Why would anybody listening to Limerick Live 95fm, i.e Limerick people, want to go on a bus tour of Limerick?
    Cheaper than a taxi? Plus free stuff. Score! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

took part in my first Barista competition yesterday, nerves got the better of me and didnt do so well, consoled myself with copious amounts of wine last night, won't be doing much today..........................

I would, but then I like to know stuff :B

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Trying to think of a nice place to have a sesh with friends and family. Problem is one group likes this place and another likes that place. I want everyone to go but also to make it seem like I'm catering to everyone. Almost everyone knows Nancy Blakes and Clohessys was thinking one of them.

Any ideas, serious or otherwise are welcome. Boards to the rescue!

Birdie086 wrote: »
    took part in my first Barista competition yesterday, nerves got the better of me and didnt do so well, consoled myself with copious amounts of wine last night, won't be doing much today..........................

I once judged one and was trained as a Barista by Irelands only Barista Champion Judge but was still pretty sh*t. Made a balls of it one day training a load of experienced folk in a Cafe. Looked like a prat. :o

Long shot I know but does anyone know of anyone selling VHT wrinkle paint in Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

I once judged one and was trained as a Barista by Irelands only Barista Champion Judge but was still pretty sh*t. Made a balls of it one day training a load of experienced folk in a Cafe. Looked like a prat. :o

I foolishly thought that the 150/200 coffees a day I make in work would be good enough, I did my research but forgot to lots of timed practise sessions, would have been fine if my nerves hadn't got the better and I forgot ALL my research, my technical stuff was fine, didnt get enough of a clean up done in the time either. Ah well I will know better for next year.

Birdie086 wrote: »

I foolishly thought that the 150/200 coffees a day I make in work would be good enough, I did my research but forgot to lots of timed practise sessions, would have been fine if my nerves hadn't got the better and I forgot ALL my research, my technical stuff was fine, didnt get enough of a clean up done in the time either. Ah well I will know better for next year.

Technical ability with the milk and extraction time is one thing but flair and latte art is more important because it sets you apart from the masses of other competitors.

Some people loose points in the finals for simple things like forgetting to have the right spoons, believe it or not.

Seen it happen at shop expo froma highly respected barista everybody thought would win.

I'll find you Beer Baron!

http://youtu.be/VwQv6LTQ1Ms

• Advertisement

Is it just me or?

http://youtu.be/Qg65o2KimVs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement