Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Probably. I don't get on boards as often as before so tend to come in mid conversation on something so just don't bother.

I came on to see if a boardsie had put up images of the grafitti on the Condell road on all the big public signs. Covering at least 1/3 of them on the bottom bit.(high as they could reach). A guy in a non council van was taking a picture so thought he might have been on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Anybody have any idea what was going on in town just there with all the sirens? We heard that a young fella was stuck in a dinghy been swept down the river? This true?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Anybody have any idea what was going on in town just there with all the sirens? We heard that a young fella was stuck in a dinghy been swept down the river? This true?
    4 rescued from river according to live 95 twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 17,830 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I can now officially say that in my 4 years as student at the university of Limerick I have never stepped foot in the Lodge :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I can now officially say that in my 4 years as student at the university of Limerick I have never stepped foot in the Lodge :cool:

Congrats on the grads! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

This was posted on YLYL.
    gas

lmkpic.png

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Probably. I don't get on boards as often as before so tend to come in mid conversation on something so just don't bother.

I came on to see if a boardsie had put up images of the grafitti on the Condell road on all the big public signs. Covering at least 1/3 of them on the bottom bit.(high as they could reach). A guy in a non council van was taking a picture so thought he might have been on here.

There's a thread about this on the Limerick forum :): http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056721645

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

anyone know where to get almond butter in limerick..?

also....im home! its raining...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Eats of Eden on Thomas Street have it. So do Holland & Barrett, but they're more expensive.

Let me guess... Transform's paleo bars?

Eats of Eden on Thomas Street have it. So do Holland & Barrett, but they're more expensive.

who what now...

i just like almond butter...

also my paleo bars are called steaks...

edit...

you back training next week in the new place?

• Advertisement

Mmmmm...Almond Butter! :D

Much healthier than peanut butter too!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

who what now...

i just like almond butter...

also my paleo bars are called steaks...

edit...

you back training next week in the new place?

Fair enough! Steaks are also great. I haven't taken too much from the Fitness Forum, but the recipe for those bars is pretty handy. :P

With any luck I'll be able to pop in on Tuesday. I'm fairly sure I won't have a match that evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

who what now...

I had the very same reaction when I read IO's post as "Transforms paedo bears?" :eek:

Should've gone to Specsavers! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

So yesterday evening I left my apartment and make my way towards the stairwell. What do I find on the landing of our floor only a syringe, some torn up tin foil and other bits of paraphernalia. Just resting there beside the stairs.

So I called the guards, they call out and take it all away and advised us that the people using these items move from apartment block to apartment block.

I rang the management company about it this morning and they will be posting a security guard for almost 24 hrs a day over the weekend as a 'deterrent'.

Anybody else living close to the city encounter this sort of thing in their apartment block or estate??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Happened a friend of mine, her son was going to put rubbish in the bin and he was in his barefeet had to jump to avoid the syringe and almost killed himself by falling in the process.

Often see drug paraphernalia out the back of the shop I work in. The shop backs out into a laneway that's a good bit off the street so prob makes an ideal place for it. Scary stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Thinking of heading away for day or two for a bit of relaxation seeing as we're promised some nice weather this weekend:p

Any recommendations on a place to go/stay?Within a hour or two of Limerick preferably.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

Thinking of heading away for day or two for a bit of relaxation seeing as we're promised some nice weather this weekend:p

Any recommendations on a place to go/stay?Within a hour or two of Limerick preferably.

Tralee or Kilarney are always a good bet, Galway, lahinch, cork, dungarvan?

Just landed in London and already bored of the place :D

source wrote: »

Was thinking of all the usual suspects, might try Dingle.Always on the look out for something a bit unusual though! :)

• Advertisement

source wrote: »

Was thinking of all the usual suspects, might try Dingle.Always on the look out for something a bit unusual though! :)

Go to Fooling, and boat across to inis oir nice little spot for a day trip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭adaminho

The Snipe wrote: »
    Just landed in London and already bored of the place :D

Having a medical before your deadline day transfer to boards.co.uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

You will like Dingle - trust me!

Head out the Slea Head drive...perfect driving road, and head up to Connor Pass - savage road up and also the way down (dont even need the accelerator)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Mc Love wrote: »
    You will like Dingle - trust me!

Head out the Slea Head drive...perfect driving road, and head up to Connor Pass - savage road up and also the way down (dont even need the accelerator)

+1, great roads. It's almost as good to be in the passenger seat, taking in the breathtaking views without the added responsibility keeping the car on the road.

And supposedly we're in for some good weather this weekend, though looking out the window right now you wouldn't believe it.

Have a good one.

+1, great roads. It's almost as good to be in the passenger seat, taking in the breathtaking views without the added responsibility keeping the car on the road.

Driving is 100% of the fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

I'm heading down to Camp for the weekend. So will be down that area myself.

Mc Love wrote: »

Wow. I'm getting flashbacks. We (first year Teaching students) travelled that road by coach just over 4 years ago to get to the Blasket Centre/Ionad An Bhlascaoid for a tour. Travelled along the coast in almost total mist for 20-odd minutes before we could see the sea beside us again! Lovely part of the country though, it must be said.

• Advertisement

ah here...that hairdressers yoke of his wont be able for that....

:(

It's kinda true.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement