Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

i noticed that taking the young lad to school this morrning, it seems to be traffic going IN to the town though, as the other lane was moving freely enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Can't speak for the Dock Rd, but I caused a little traffic chaos on O'Connell/Shannon St intersection this morning. The dog slipped out of her collar and was running around the intersection.

How there wasn't an accident I don't know!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

source wrote: »
    Can't speak for the Dock Rd, but I caused a little traffic chaos on O'Connell/Shannon St intersection this morning. The dog slipped out of her collar and was running around the intersection.

Similar thing happened yesterday at the O Connell street/Cecil street intersection around 17:00. A dog got away from it's owner and was in a panic darting across lanes dragging it's lead behind it.

The dog was a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, so probably one of the worst breeds that could get loose in traffic given their inability to become as street trained as other species of dog. Thankfully it was caught quickly with no harm done to dog, owner or anyone else.

drivers were worried that a dog the size of a small horse would do more damage to their cars than they could do to the dog, lol, a rat sized chihuawa however wouldn't pose the same threat except maybe for getting caught up in the fan belt! :eek:

xsiborg wrote: »
    drivers were worried that a dog the size of a small horse would do more damage to their cars than they could do to the dog, lol, a rat sized chihuawa however wouldn't pose the same threat except maybe for getting caught up in the fan belt! :eek:

Speaking of dogs doing damage. My fella knocked me onto my arse this morning. We were messing around and I got distracted in the middle of it. Donar made a leap and I caught 12 1/2 to 13 stone of dog in the chest whilst not braced for it.:D

• Advertisement

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Kess73 wrote: »
    Sounds like normal dock road traffic at certain times then. Was down there about 8:30 and the traffic was backing up at that time.

It was worse than normal though, I hit it at my usual time for a Tuesday and was at least 15mins longer on it than usual

Just been told it was a couple of swans out in the Connell Rd that had the whole place blocked up.

Just been told it was a couple of swans out in the Connell Rd that had the whole place blocked up.

Swans eh? Well I think we all know who the real culprit is then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I thought they all got eaten?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Near enough to his cage too!

get the flock oot! :p

ah no, there's still plenty of 'em down there, swanning around with not a care in the world, no need to get in a flap about it... :o

ok that was terrible, im going to stick my neck out here and say lets not go with the swan jokes again or we'll all be winging it out of the forum before it migrates south and we wont be able to return for another six months... :D

• Advertisement

I reckon the Eastern European stereotype was spread by the Feather fondler to cover his own tracks.

Near enough to his cage too!

It does seem very coincidental that it happened in an area not too far from where HE would be.

As good old V once said There Is No Such Thing As Coincidence, Just The Illusion Of Coincidence

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I have a dose of the dreaded man flu. The last thing I need is to be risking bird flu too!

And with the mention of Swans, he doth appear.

Ladies and gents, we have our culprit.

I have a dose of the dreaded man flu. The last thing I need is to be risking bird flu too!

Really? Bit optimistic of ya

Probably an avian STI :p

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭SnoopyGunner

A slight head cold then? ;)

@ xiledsniper.....................BEEP BEEP!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

A slight head cold then? ;)

Something like that. But I have to stand in front of a group of Gaeilge students for 90 minutes later with half a voice and a light-head. Bleh.

Something like that. But I have to stand in front of a group of Gaeilge students for 90 minutes later with half a voice and a light-head. Bleh.

Would not worry about it. I'm sure they were preoccupied with bigger issues.

Like why does this guy cover his barnet with a fedora. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Come training later and we will fix that cold for ya!

• Advertisement

Come training later and we will fix that cold for ya!

Sorry dude, finished my class 40 minutes after training started! I'll be back in next week.

Sorry dude, finished my class 40 minutes after training started! I'll be back in next week.

pppssss! class...:p

pppssss! class...:p

It's weird, people kept treating me like a teacher or something. :pac:

It's weird, people kept treating me like a teacher or something. :pac:

lol that will pass....people treated me like an engineer for a while too...

They will never stop treating TestTransmission like a hairdresser though...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

They will never stop treating TestTransmission like a hairdresser though...

haters-gonna-hate-7.jpg?w=500&h=375

Epic. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Pretty crap bring stuck in work when across the street the lads from GAME are practically barricaded into their store in the hopes of getting when theyre entitled to.

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Pretty crap bring stuck in work when across the street the lads from GAME are practically barricaded into their store in the hopes of getting when theyre entitled to.

they'll be down a very, very long food chain of creditors i'd say, great bunch of guys though, any time i ever went in there they were always helpful, i dont think they'll get anything though, best off to spend their time now looking for new jobs asap... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Seeing the shutters down was so depressing today, great bunch of lads.

• Advertisement

Just went to the shop, to get some weetabix and milk. Grabbed a 24 pack and saw that it was €2.95! For 24 weetabix?!?!?!

Anyway I look at the 12 pack, €1 each. So two 12 packs cost €2. Same amount of product, same amount of packaging, why is it almost a euro more expensive?

The only thing I can think of is simple greed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement