Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

If you go to the Large Dunnes on Henry St. THe busses for Ballananty, Cravel Park, And Pineview gardens should bring you up right past it, and I think the Chardavin one does too, or if not, it lets you right down the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The 308 and 308A goes from UL to the city centre.

The 303 goes from Henry street (by the Dunnes stores that Snipe mentioned) to Ballynanty and has a stop near Thomond Park.

308/308A
    http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1302277118-Limerick-City-308.pdf

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1251473933-303A.pdf

There are one or two other buses routes that might fit in with your route, but those two seem to cover it handily enough.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The 302 (Caherdavin) bus passes Thomond Park as well. It leaves Dunnes on Henry St every 20 minutes during the day. The choice of which to take would depend on where you're working in relation to the stadium.

The Chardavin one would probably be best even, as its always there in comparision to the other busses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Laurbie

Thank you all so much! You're very kind :P

• Advertisement

Anyone got any recommendations on what I can do to burn off a lot of steam and anger? Looking for something rather then punching a wall that I can do tomorrow! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭SnoopyGunner

Go for a run along O'Connell Ave? Though you might punch something other than a wall ;)

Go for a run along O'Connell Ave? Though you might punch something other than a wall ;)

Oh you don't know how much I want too!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭SnoopyGunner

I can imagine... There's a queue though.

I can imagine... There's a queue though.
    Good. I just skipped it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Pump iron in the gym with other men. :cool:

You really aren't helping your "not gay argument" sweetheart <3

If he hung out with men, then it would mean him spending less time with you.:(

Anyone got any recommendations on what I can do to burn off a lot of steam and anger? Looking for something rather then punching a wall that I can do tomorrow! :)

If you are fit enough for it, then try a series of short runs. You have the Baggot estate right beside you for some daytime runs. I assume that as a local you would know the old walk fairly well, so just use that. Or just go in a straight line down the main lane from the top of Portland Park, go to the end and then back. It would be a short run (a little short of a mile) when down and back are added together. It would also give you an idea of your fitness levels if you wanted to then put a running programme together for yourself.

Get a weight set and set it up in your shed, and start a proper light exercise routine. You would be amazed at how much tension you can get rid of that way, plus it would be doing you good.

Failing all that you could try the "Attack Kess in the street" strategy.:D Cannot guarantee any sort of long term benefit to such a strategy, but it would bring your rage and angst to a very abrupt end :p

I like the sounds of the last one tbh :P

As Josey Wales wisely noted: Dyin' ain't much of a living boy

Get a decent pair of runners, do your stretches and warm ups, then get yourself out for a short run. Works marvels.

I'll give that a try so, Or I might just punch Satan in the face! Its all the one to me! :D

I'll give that a try so, Or I might just punch Satan in the face! Its all the one to me! :D

Who is Satan?

I have much cooler names than that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

the industrial estate in Raheen is a great place for running. Did 3 laps of it yesterday and hardly a sinner about the place.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Who is Satan?

I have much cooler names than that. :)

The phycopathic ex that wont stop harassing me! Hence why I need to burn off steam! :o:o:o:o

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    the industrial estate in Raheen is a great place for running. Did 3 laps of it yesterday and hardly a sinner about the place.

If he has not run before or not for a long time, then he would be better starting off over short distances, plus he has a public walkway which starts about 100 yards from his house that would be handy for him to use to build up stamina/assess fitness.

The phycopathic ex that wont stop harassing me! Hence why I need to burn off steam! :o:o:o:o

The joys of break ups. It can bring out the inner bunny boiler in many men and women.

Not fun for anyone involved. The "victim" gets their head wrecked with the antics of the spurned ex, and the spurned ex gets their head wrecked by getting hung up on the other party.

Get yourself outside in the day that it is, and get running. You might even see some new spots to take pics around the Baggot estate, or spot the two resident sparrowhawks that breed in there every year.

The joys of break ups. It can bring out the inner bunny boiler in many men and women.

Not fun for anyone involved. The "victim" gets their head wrecked with the antics of the spurned ex, and the spurned ex gets their head wrecked by getting hung up on the other party.

Get yourself outside in the day that it is, and get running. You might even see some new spots to take pics around the Baggot estate, or spot the two resident sparrowhawks that breed in there every year.

The which? You'll need to show me em xD

The which? You'll need to show me em xD

Sparrowhawks. I know the ones on my land backwards, but have only been shown the ones in your area. One of your neighbours knows the pattern and movements of the sparrowhawks near you to an amazing level. Never met a guy with such an intuitive feel for nature, and it seems to rub off on a lot of wild animals when he is near them. He just hears and notices things quicker than most (and I am a long time interested in and involved in nature with a hell of a lot of time spent learning about and experiencing nature), and he has this knack of being able to get very close to animals without trying, have even seen animals approach him and the same animals vanishing when any other person came into view.

He is ridiculous with garden birds, they just seem to home in on him and land on him without a care in the world once they get a little used to him, and the same birds will not let anyone else in his family near them, even if they carry out food. A lot of folk can get a robin, a blackbird, a bluetit or similar to feed from hand, but this guy has all of those plus birds like treecreepers, wrens, redpoll, long tail tits, dunnocks etc all coming to him and he has a little flock that consists of robins, blue tits, great tits, coal tits, a blackbird and a dunnock that will fly at him enmasse and feed as a group without any bickering.

As for the sparrowhawks, one of the pair local to you must pass your house a dozen times a day and usually quite low. The guy I know worked out their movement patterns for different times of the day, I got to see them through him.

I'm good in terms of nature knowledge, but he is my go to guy if I am stuck or if I want to discuss a theory etc.

But even to the untrained eye there is a lot in your area that would make for good camera subjects, just a matter of getting out there and looking.

Yeah - I'm not a bird person so I wouldn't have a clue! :P

Yeah - I'm not a bird person so I wouldn't have a clue! :P

Your current woes hinted at that. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

What's happening on the dock road, traffic brutal

Itsdacraic wrote: »

Sounds like normal dock road traffic at certain times then. Was down there about 8:30 and the traffic was backing up at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Itsdacraic wrote: »

Many Gardai on the Shannon bridge at about 8.30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Sounds like normal dock road traffic at certain times then. Was down there about 8:30 and the traffic was backing up at that time.

It was worse than normal though, I hit it at my usual time for a Tuesday and was at least 15mins longer on it than usual

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement