Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

excited about college

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Anyone starting to get a bit nervous at the same time as being excited? Im really looking forward to it but being at orientation yesterday and meeting all the lecturers kinda scared me a bit. Im sure I'll be fine after a few days though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

Yep. that about sums it up. The registration stuff is really confusing me but i guess once i do the orientation thing, it will all make better sense. Just wanna get started. Got a list of all the classes ill be doing... 10? wow! But I guess its better to be busy than having free classes one after the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

what course are you doing felic? and where? ya reistration thingy is really confusing! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

felic wrote: »
    Got a list of all the classes ill be doing... 10? wow! But I guess its better to be busy than having free classes one after the next.

You more than likely wont be doing them all at the same time!
    You nearly always have a good bit of time free in college!:-)

haha good point but i think it depends on your course too? some people might have very little time to mess about :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Duffman'05

COOOOLLLLLLEEEEEEGGGGGGGEEE!!!!!!! :D:D

*Ahem...Just had to get that out of my system!

I'm moving to the other side of the country (Galway) on Friday and starting on Monday. The clock is mocking me!:( Friday can't come soon enough!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Sophia91

Wat course u doing in Galway (NUIG??)? Where you livin?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Duffman'05

I'm starting the 6 year Medicine course and I'm living in Corrib Village! How about yourself??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Duffman'05 wrote: »
    I'm starting the 6 year Medicine course and I'm living in Corrib Village! How about yourself??

You're going to love it, trust me! :D

musical.x wrote: »
    haha good point but i think it depends on your course too? some people might have very little time to mess about :D

Ya it does but only intensive courses like medicine or pharmacy would have busy timetables!

You' learn what lectures you can and can't miss fairly fast but they do space out lectures as much as possible most people i know would have at least an hour of in between lectures and a lot have even 2 or 3 like me :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Dave1711 wrote: »
    Ya it does but only intensive courses like medicine or pharmacy would have busy timetables!

You' learn what lectures you can and can't miss fairly fast but they do space out lectures as much as possible most people i know would have at least an hour of in between lectures and a lot have even 2 or 3 like me :-D
    How busy?

theowen wrote: »
    How busy?

well from what ive heard from my people doing it..there time table isnt so bad cant say exactly how many hours a week id imagine over 30 maybe 40 i dont know..that might sound a lot but i did 36 hour week last year and it was fine

a lot of work for those courses is time put in yourself studying the material thats the big thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

orientation in ucd on monday, calmed me down so much, i actually remembered that walking around on your own in uni is acceptable, nothing like secondary school :D back in tomorrow for the presidents welcome... free scarfs woohooo!:pac:

aw you get free scarfs :( thats so handy! bet we will get stupid stuff like highlighters that work for like a week :rolleyes:

Advertisement