Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

excited about college

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

Women. Thats what I'm looking forward to...
    lol,this is funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clarke1991

My dad, who is a lecturer in a college, told me to join societies. I don't know which societies I would join - I'm useless at all sports, for example.

I'm starting to hope that some of my friends get certain choices on their CAO so they end up where I will be (UCD hopefully) but it's unlikely that will happen.

Also, for the first year, I will probably be returning home at the weekends. Does this mean I will miss out on the college life / nightlife? I will be concentrating on my studies but I don't want to miss out on the college experience.
    you will meet loads of people in college, even if you don't join societies. im starting myself in limerick this year.. practically on my own. i did a PLC course last year on my own but sure enough you'll start to make friends right away. it will be even easier than i had it last year (there was just me, another lad, and 7 mature students:p)! weekends are quiet as all the students are gone home, or most of them anyway! but you will have random nights out.. (sleeping in the back of a car, sharing a flat the size of a handicap parking space with 5 people on nights out, sharing a flat with long haired hippies listening to 'best of the eighties' late into the night:rolleyes:). and as neon-circles said above, women:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

JRooster wrote: »
    only about a month til the first round offers! aaagghhh! :eek:
    i know :eek: what are you hoping to get?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Haven't even thought about it properlly yet....once i get my place then I can look forward to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

2 WEEKS & 4 DAYS FROM NOW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Im more nervous now than I was before the LC.

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Im more nervous now than I was before the LC.
    most people are! i'm sure it'll go fine for everyone-especially if you put some kind of effort into it :D

musical.x

i get my CAO this week:D i think:confused:

clarke1991 wrote: »
    i get my CAO this week:D i think:confused:
    are you a mature student or something? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 vicksterchick

I'mreally looking forward to college. :) Don't get me wrong, school wasn't awful for me or anything, but I never really felt like I connected with any of the kids in my class. I can't wait to meet people who are actually interested in the same stuff as me.

• Advertisement

musical.x wrote: »
    are you a mature student or something? :confused:
    FETAC applicant;)! did the LC last year and then did a PLC:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Having done first year twice in two different course the most important thing in the first couple of weeks is to say hi to everyone around you in each lecture and never pass an opportunity to go somewhere with a bunch of people from your class.

pljudge321 wrote: »
    Having done first year twice in two different course the most important thing in the first couple of weeks is to say hi to everyone around you in each lecture and never pass an opportunity to go somewhere with a bunch of people from your class.
    i'd say thats one of the best posts on here:)

FETAC applicant;)! did the LC last year and then did a PLC:D
    ah tuigim :D what course are you going for?:)

musical.x

ah tuigim :D what course are you going for?:)

musical.x
    ah my first choice was media in maynooth bit i didn't get enogh for that:(! (got my results 2 weeks ago, did the exams about a month earlier aswell:p). but now im hopeing for music tech and production in limeick, sooooo looking forward to it:D! what are you going for yourself?:p

ah my first choice was media in maynooth bit i didn't get enogh for that:(! (got my results 2 weeks ago, did the exams about a month earlier aswell:p). but now im hopeing for music tech and production in limeick, sooooo looking forward to it:D! what are you going for yourself?:p
    that sounds really interesting:eek: is it a 3 year course? i'm hoping for arts but if i dont get it i wont really mind haha anything will do! :D

that sounds really interesting:eek: is it a 3 year course? i'm hoping for arts but if i dont get it i wont really mind haha anything will do! :D
    haha yeah just get to college and have fun, nevermind about the course:p! ya it's a three year course with an ad on after that for an honours! im starting to bite my nails now:o! debs tomorrow and then i'll be just home and going on the interweb to try and get the offers early wed morning:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

haha yeah just get to college and have fun, nevermind about the course:p! ya it's a three year course with an ad on after that for an honours! im starting to bite my nails now:o! debs tomorrow and then i'll be just home and going on the interweb to try and get the offers early wed morning:D

Really? Mine is a month away and I'm no where near ready for it :eek:
    Enjoy!

Really? Mine is a month away and I'm no where near ready for it :eek:
    Enjoy!
    lol ah i just got a red tie there about an hour ago, wareing the same black shirt as the grad last year tho:o! havent got the rose, chocolates yet, i'll prob get them on the way, talk about last minute eh?:eek:

lol ah i just got a red tie there about an hour ago, wareing the same black shirt as the grad last year tho:o! havent got the rose, chocolates yet, i'll prob get them on the way, talk about last minute eh?:eek:

i see you take this debs stuff very seriously :p at least your getting her/him something! :) ooh let us know if you get the course!!

• Advertisement

Tad last minute but atleast your getting everything done and no one will notice it's the same shirt :cool:

i see you take this debs stuff very seriously :p at least your getting her/him something! :) ooh let us know if you get the course!!
    Tad last minute but atleast your getting everything done and no one will notice it's the same shirt :cool:
    well i didn't get my course:(! i was running outside the house whenever i heard a car, hopeing it would be the postman:o! over in FETAC/PLC a few say that the main FETAC round is with the leaving certs so it's not over yet:cool:! my cousin got hers and i was like aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh:eek: waiting for the post, i didn't think of going into the office like her:rolleyes:!

debs was great craic! she seemed happy enough with the suit and chocolates, there were no roses left so i had this weird corsage thing. the whole family were there when i walked in the door:o! me there like a tool like, 'howye:o'! it was in enniscrone in sligo beside the beach, but it was a lil bit wet for the beach:mad:! brill craic tho:D! the nightclub was half of a construction site but i'd do it all again;) lol

well i didn't get my course:(! i was running outside the house whenever i heard a car, hopeing it would be the postman:o! over in FETAC/PLC a few say that the main FETAC round is with the leaving certs so it's not over yet:cool:! my cousin got hers and i was like aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh:eek: waiting for the post, i didn't think of going into the office like her:rolleyes:!

debs was great craic! she seemed happy enough with the suit and chocolates, there were no roses left so i had this weird corsage thing. the whole family were there when i walked in the door:o! me there like a tool like, 'howye:o'! it was in enniscrone in sligo beside the beach, but it was a lil bit wet for the beach:mad:! brill craic tho:D! the nightclub was half of a construction site but i'd do it all again;) lol
    hopefully you'll get it!! not long left to find out either so no worries like. do you have a plan b?

hopefully you'll get it!! not long left to find out either so no worries like. do you have a plan b?
    am i applied for another PLC in galway today and if i dont get anything from the CAO i'll do that and then add the best 8 subjects from the 2 PLC's together and try to get media in maynooth id say.. i should get galway, i got it last year and turned it down after an awful interview but i know what to expect this year and have a bit of a journalism portfolio now so it should be ok in the end?:confused: lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Got my offer this morning, delighted. Roll on DCU.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

creggy wrote: »

Congratulations.

Glad you had fun anyway! Stress for mine has just kicked in, people are finding it hard to get dresses but luckily I already have mine : )
    am i applied for another PLC in galway today and if i dont get anything from the CAO i'll do that and then add the best 8 subjects from the 2 PLC's together and try to get media in maynooth id say.. i should get galway, i got it last year and turned it down after an awful interview but i know what to expect this year and have a bit of a journalism portfolio now so it should be ok in the end?:confused: lol

Hope it turns out ok!
    creggy wrote: »

That's great, congrats :D

thats good.at least you have a path plotted out :)

journalism portfolio now so it should be ok in the end?:confused: lol
    haha your sorted. plus you have plenty of options left so no panic.:D what course do ya want to do in galway?

Glad you had fun anyway! Stress for mine has just kicked in, people are finding it hard to get dresses but luckily I already have mine : )

Hope it turns out ok!

That's great, congrats :D
    i'm sure it will go perfectly. good job on getting the dress early! what kind is it? sure the dress is the main thing so you shouldnt have much else to worry about :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

muffinz wrote: »
    Im not looking forward to it at all, im feckin terrified to say the least! Im quiet and shy, and although i have a big group of brilliant friends, im the only one moving across the country! I sound like my 12 yr old self when i was going into secondary, but Im terrified I wont get to know anyone and I'll be a loner, coz the Arts classes are massive and i wont be sittin beside the same people day in day out!
    And then im terrified the course will be terrible, or that Arts wont get me anywhere when Im finally finished... Ugh Id like to go back to secondary right now... so structured, so comfy, and full of friends!
    Grace16 wrote: »
    Omg i'm completely the same. I mean i'm not moving anywhere but i'm really freaked because i am a shy person and i'm afraid that people will see that and not bother coming over to me because they think that it's what i would want. I might be doing Arts as well and that's exactly what's freaking me.....I'm glad someone else feels the same and it's not just me haha
    I completely know what ye mean! I'm only in 5th year, but I'm already worried about college :rolleyes:
    I'm afraid that everyone will have made their friends in the first few weeks and I won't! :(
    And I'm gay, so I'm afraid that I'll have a homophobic roommate who thinks I'm gonna hit on him ><

I think that after I do the LC, I'll try to make friends here who are doing the same course :P

Advertisement