Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

excited about college

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

i'm not sure? :confused: i know you have a week to accept so maybe the post would take to long. i think most people do it online to get it over with! and to find out asap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

If (God forbid) you don't get an offer - what does it come up as?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭A Changer

Zephyr91 wrote: »

I'm not sure about the website, but you get this great letter in the post saying they are unable to offer any of your chosen courses at this time, and if there was any error on their part, contact them immediately.

I laminated mine last year. Looked at it whenever I questioned myself whether repeating was worth it or not. I think I'll frame it next to my degree when the time comes. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tictac__x

hmmmm have to say I'm feelin a bit nervous! Booked my accomadation today so it's only just sinkin in now that I'm actually off to college:)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Ya I'm finally starting to get excited about college.Got 60 points over my course and its engineering in NUIG which is meant to stay roughly the same if not drop.I'm 99% guaranteed my place:DRoll on september 13th!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I'm soo excited about going back to college! :D

well if you dont get your number one then you get your number 2. you get offered a lvl 7 and 8 so your going to get an offer unless you only put down 1 lvl 8 and 1 lvl 7 and you didnt get the points :eek: doubt that will happen though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭fearbainne

Leeg17 wrote: »
    I'm soo excited about going back to college! :D

I hear ya!! Last year (my first year of college) was the best of my life... Dyin to get back!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

musical.x wrote: »
    well if you dont get your number one then you get your number 2. you get offered a lvl 7 and 8 so your going to get an offer unless you only put down 1 lvl 8 and 1 lvl 7 and you didnt get the points :eek: doubt that will happen though :D
    what if that does happen what should someone do?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

ayumi wrote: »
    what if that does happen what should someone do?
    Keep an eye on the Vacant places list on the CAO website, see if there's anything that would appeal. Tends to be a short enough list last couple of years though.

Other than that ... reapply next year, I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clarke1991

Offers/Acceptance Section

There are no offers available to you at this time.
    For information on offer round dates, click here.
    hope this helps:p

dreading college now :( still havent got my registration pack either :mad: *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭aoife365

dreading college now :( still havent got my registration pack either :mad: *sigh*

I finally got mine 2day! Da guy told me their still sending them out! I thought u needed the pack to register but u dont! I say ul get it this week! You shouldnt worry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I've got too many things to organise, I'm more stressed than excited. But once I know for definite tomorrow where I'm going, and have my accommodation, laptop, registration fees paid, some new clothes, dissection kit and lab coats sorted, then I finally just relax and look forward to freshers week :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

Still waiting on that registration pack here too! They said they were sending em out Monday! And classes start Monday week! So much to be organized in a week, its not even funny. All Ill say is it better come tomorrow so i can set a plan instead of walking into the college blind not having a clue and then having to run around like a headless chicken getting everything done. Don't the colleges only accept giro as payment of registration and tuition fees if applicable? I love the way they seem to be assuming we can snap our fingers and make thousands of euros appear in front of them and then get everything else sorted as well like accommodation, lab coats, text books, transport, clothes, stuff we need like laptops, usb sticks, printers... Next week is going to be manic! AND!!! if thats not bad enough, i saw on the forecast its going to rain monday right through to friday?
    But I guess i shouldnt complain... I got my first choice and Im lucky to have gotten this chance. But still... when they set registration dead lines and incur late penalty fee if not paid on time, yet take weeks to send us the info we need to get everything in place, cant help but to think is there a double standard here? GRRRRRRRR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Lawliet wrote: »
    I've got too many things to organise, I'm more stressed than excited. But once I know for definite tomorrow where I'm going, and have my accommodation, laptop, registration fees paid, some new clothes, dissection kit and lab coats sorted, then I finally just relax and look forward to freshers week :D
    Where do you get the dissection kits? I really want one:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Grace16

Exact same! Still no pack and i'm really not looking forward to it haha

theowen wrote: »
    Where do you get the dissection kits? I really want one:cool:
    I heard Clarendon Medical does them for about 15 euro
    Google maps

You can get them at the SU as well I believe, but they're a bit more expensive apparently

ugh i know i shouldnt worry but theres so much pressure :( where are you all going to college??

I heard Clarendon Medical does them for about 15 euro
    Google maps

You can get them at the SU as well I believe, but they're a bit more expensive apparently
    Cool:) If you get one that means your the one that has to do the cutting right? Eeek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I am not looking forward to dissecting anything! Can't wait for college though, wish time would hurry up already so I can start :D

This is a bit weird since I'm a vegetarian, but I can't wait to start dissections! I don't think first year science get to dissect anything too fun though, king prawns seem to be the height of it

This is a bit weird since I'm a vegetarian, but I can't wait to start dissections! I don't think first year science get to dissect anything too fun though, king prawns seem to be the height of it
    I think us Med get people to....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SileBButton

I think us Med get people to....

I've heard they bring you to see the cadavers on the first day!

I've heard they bring you to see the cadavers on the first day!
    I'm oddly excited by that :D Prob puke all over some poor girls back saying that now though...

Just make sure you don't lean too close to the cadavers, every year there's always at least one med student who gets knocked out by the chemical fumes, don't let it be you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SileBButton

I'm oddly excited by that :D Prob puke all over some poor girls back saying that now though...

Me too ha! But a friend of mine doing it this year said you never get used to the smell....

Just make sure you don't lean too close to the cadavers, every year there's always at least one med student who gets knocked out by the chemical fumes, don't let it be you!
    /hit by the fluids...wonder if people would laugh or be totally speechless?

aoife365 wrote: »
    I finally got mine 2day! Da guy told me their still sending them out! I thought u needed the pack to register but u dont! I say ul get it this week! You shouldnt worry :)
    got mine today. kind of relieved but at the same time nervous. so much to oraganise!!! :O do you know what subjects your doing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

My pack arrived too. but now im all confused cos im going to be doing one of these joint courses that involves two colleges. And i got info from both... so im like here going.. wtf? lol. SO much to get done next week its not even funny. didnt get the giro stuff yet so no idea how and when im meant to pay the fees... or where! Guess they'll make it all clear soon enough.

As for the dissections... thats the reason i could never do Medicine! The idea of cutting into dead bodies alone makes me feel sick and weak.. let alone doing it! Hats off to you guys! Id have defo been the one fainting and going around with a green face all day thinking... 'this isnt the course i wanted!!!!!'

Advertisement