Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

excited about college

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

Coeurdepirate

Love her music and i dont even do french :D

Im excited because its something new - for me secondary school just got boring as the years went by - same thing over and over again for 6 years!
    I'm glad someone else feels the same and it's not just me haha
    The majority of people in this thread are all saying they are nervous and stuff , you'll be grand! It's like going to Irish college for the first time , starting primary or secondary school = everyone has to do it (unless you dont go to college but why wouldnt you ;) ) so dont be worried!

Just dont let your nerves get the best of you in the first week or so because thats when it really counts - as the weeks and months go by little groups of friends will form and of course its harder to get into them if you wait :D

Results in less than two weeks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭cxh20y

Does anybody not really want to get excited about college because
    you're afraid you won't get your points? When i always think about college and it comes up in conversation, i'm like, ok, don't get your hopes up, think about college and accommodation after you get your results. Does anyone have the same problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clarke1991

musical.x wrote: »
    thats good.at least you have a path plotted out :)

journalism portfolio now so it should be ok in the end?:confused: lol
    haha your sorted. plus you have plenty of options left so no panic.:D what course do ya want to do in galway?

its radio and journalism! i did an interview for it last year and they asked, 'have you any pieces that you have wrote and had published?', i was like 'aaaammmm wwweeellll not reaaaallllyyy:confused:?' was certain i failed it so i took a different journalism course in castlebar, then ended up getting an offer in galway. i know what to epxpect this year so i'll b sound:cool:! and its a few days after the next round so i won't have to do the interview if i get something;)!
    Glad you had fun anyway! Stress for mine has just kicked in, people are finding it hard to get dresses but luckily I already have mine : )

haha yeah everyone trying to get things that match! where's it gong to be? you'll have great fun. what colour is it:p?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

just 2 weeks to go and the CAO offers will be arriving. Time has just flown by.
    Nerve wracking time for all involved. Best of luck to everyone...

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

10 days or a week and 3 days

good luck from me to everyone on these days ahead with all the bad dreams of not getting the points and thinking about them and getting nervous!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

ayumi wrote: »
    10 days or a week and 3 days

good luck from me to everyone on these days ahead with all the bad dreams of not getting the points and thinking about them and getting nervous!

9 days, 15 hours, 33 minutes and 40 seconds... to be precise:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

i like pie wrote: »
    9 days, 15 hours, 33 minutes and 40 seconds... to be precise:eek:
    http://countdown.onlineclock.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

i'm sure it will go perfectly. good job on getting the dress early! what kind is it? sure the dress is the main thing so you shouldnt have much else to worry about :D

Thanks! It's kind of a greeky dress, thin tight waste and it curves and goes in at the bottom :) Havn't seen any like it over here. (Got it in New York but not on one of those I've to find a dress, let's go to New York type trips. My aunt lives there so I went to visit and happened to find a dress while I was there :cool:). I can also think of a few things to worry about >.< However i've a bit of time left so it should sort itself out
    clarke1991 wrote: »
    haha yeah everyone trying to get things that match! where's it gong to be? you'll have great fun. what colour is it:p?

Think it's in Athboy (Meath) but not a hundred percent, about an hour away from me anyway. The dress is royal blue even though at the start of summer I was sure I was going to get a purple dress!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

10 days 'til results, is it?

ARRRGHGGHGHGHGHGHG. >.<

I'm so fcuking worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

its radio and journalism! i did an interview for it last year and they asked, 'have you any pieces that you have wrote and had published?', i was like 'aaaammmm wwweeellll not reaaaallllyyy:confused:?' was certain i failed it so i took a different journalism course in castlebar, then ended up getting an offer in galway. i know what to epxpect this year so i'll b sound:cool:! and its a few days after the next round so i won't have to do the interview if i get something;)
    haha so in a way you have the upper hand :D nice :p when is the next round starting?

• Advertisement

Thanks! It's kind of a greeky dress, thin tight waste and it curves and goes in at the bottom :) Havn't seen any like it over here. (Got it in New York but not on one of those I've to find a dress, let's go to New York type trips. My aunt lives there so I went to visit and happened to find a dress while I was there :cool:). I can also think of a few things to worry about >.< However i've a bit of time left so it should sort itself out
    :eek: sounds so pretty! yeh i have never seen anything like that here. what a bonus to find your dress on the trip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I will get excited about college come the 24th of August.

:eek: sounds so pretty! yeh i have never seen anything like that here. what a bonus to find your dress on the trip :)

My two best friends came with me and one found her dress there too so we were both really lucky :D Fingers crossed I'm the only one that has it!

Think it's in Athboy (Meath) but not a hundred percent, about an hour away from me anyway. The dress is royal blue even though at the start of summer I was sure I was going to get a purple dress!
    cant say i know the place, if its not around mayo iv prob not been there:pac: lol! ah it will be great craic anyway and the dress sounds nice:D! what are ya hopeing to do in college?:p
    haha so in a way you have the upper hand :D nice :p when is the next round starting?
    i was just readin there and the next round is on the 23rd with the LC's:P! turns out the institute of technologys are using a pilot scheme so thats why nothing came the last day! woop:D! lol! i was biting my nails over nothing haha! what u wanna do in college?

cant say i know the place, if its not around mayo iv prob not been there:pac: lol! ah it will be great craic anyway and the dress sounds nice:D! what are ya hopeing to do in college?:p

Thank you! Yeah, I don't know it either, following everyone else I suppose :p I wanted to do Science in Trinity but the Leaving didn't go to plan so might be doing it in Maynooth instead. That, Arts,Science Education or Psychology. If all else fails i'll repeat and (hopefully) get Trinity next year :cool: I'd love to go into teaching or Neuroscience eventually but we'll see what happens!

My two best friends came with me and one found her dress there too so we were both really lucky :D Fingers crossed I'm the only one that has it!
    oh wow thats so handy. i'd be fairly certain that yours is one of a kind in your place anyway :D

i was just readin there and the next round is on the 23rd with the LC's:P! turns out the institute of technologys are using a pilot scheme so thats why nothing came the last day! woop:D! lol! i was biting my nails over nothing haha! what u wanna do in college?
    i didnt even know what day the lc people were getting them! your the man with the answers it seems :P oh thats realy good! shame you didnt figure that out sooner :rolleyes: i want to do arts/ i got confused about subjects a few days before cao ended so just stuck with that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ditzie

Women. Thats what I'm looking forward to...

Is there no women in Limerick then? :p

Thank you! Yeah, I don't know it either, following everyone else I suppose :p I wanted to do Science in Trinity but the Leaving didn't go to plan so might be doing it in Maynooth instead. That, Arts,Science Education or Psychology. If all else fails i'll repeat and (hopefully) get Trinity next year :cool: I'd love to go into teaching or Neuroscience eventually but we'll see what happens!
    oh well maynooth is a really cool place! went to an open day there and its a really nice place! its big enough like but not too big! and the lecture halls are massive:p! the accom was very close to the college aswell and it wasen't far from the town atal! maynooth was my first choice for the level eights:(!
    i didnt even know what day the lc people were getting them! your the man with the answers it seems :P oh thats realy good! shame you didnt figure that out sooner :rolleyes: i want to do arts/ i got confused about subjects a few days before cao ended so just stuck with that :pac:
    'the man with the answers':cool:! i just realised how little i have for doing when i no all the dates for everything:o! oh ya if i could do it id probably go back and change around a few things on the cao aswell! oh well, still can't wait to just get away, no matter where it is:pac:
    Ditzie wrote: »
    Is there no women in Limerick then? :p
    ah there better be:p lol

oh wow thats so handy. i'd be fairly certain that yours is one of a kind in your place anyway :D

I'll let you know if it is :)
    oh well maynooth is a really cool place! went to an open day there and its a really nice place! its big enough like but not too big! and the lecture halls are massive:p! the accom was very close to the college aswell and it wasen't far from the town atal! maynooth was my first choice for the level eights:(

Yeah I went to a few of the Open Days and thought they were brillant, town was lovely and the lectures I went to (in the huge halls:eek:) were great too. I'd like to stay on campus aswel because if I'm so close to everything in Dublin that if I went to UCD/DCU or Trinity i'd be able to get a bus straight there. Probably more fun if I stayed there. I'msure you'll find something better than Maynooth instead :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 JRooster

only 4 days until results! don't know about you guys but i'm more looking forward to the offers

• Advertisement

JRooster wrote: »
    only 4 days until results! don't know about you guys but i'm more looking forward to the offers
    i know what you mean.like points mean nothing if you dont get the course! what are you hoping for ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

i'm nervous about wednesday but that doesn't compare to how nervous i'll be for monday!! wednesday is about doing well in individual subjects, monday is where the total result will matter:( monday is a bigger deal to me!! on wednesday most people won't know if they have enough for their college place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭rebecca 30

Hey guys,

I wish ye all the best with your results on Wednesday , I am a mature student returning back to collage this September and I know what you are feeling at the moment, all the best !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Getting smashed.
    Fairly sorted, living with 3 of my best friends in a house next year, which is about 5 minutes away from all my other friends. So I'm not too worried about making friends or not, with that said, I'm sure I will make friends with people in mah course and others.

As for results, I'm not too pushed. If I do useless it was my own fault and repeating wouldn't be too bad for me, give me some time to mature and so on. I don't think I'm ready for college to be honest, but sure, I'll never know for sure. At the same time though, yes, I am very much so looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

i cant wait for the independence of college!! even though i dunno how im gonna manage cooking for myself :rolleyes: pot noodle ftw!
    i also am looking forward to meeting new and interesting college people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 LaurenC

Hey.. Im new to all this!
    Anyone thinking of doing childrens nursing in Trinity or UCD?
    Would love to meet new ppl on here before i start college cause im really nervous :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

yes i'm the same..! i'm not even going to go in and get them thats how nervous i am..! i'm just going to wait until monday and see how the offers go..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭angelxx

Monday is nerve wrecking for sure. Does anyone know what time the offers are
    out at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

angelxx wrote: »
    Monday is nerve wrecking for sure. Does anyone know what time the offers are
    out at?

well you can see them online at like 6 in the morning?
    not too sure about the offers in the post.. mine were at mine at like half 6 that morning..? yes we get very early post..! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭angelxx

bubblz wrote: »
    well you can see them online at like 6 in the morning?
    not too sure about the offers in the post.. mine were at mine at like half 6 that morning..? yes we get very early post..! :pac:
    Thanks for that, will check it out online.

Are all applicants also informed by post?

Advertisement