Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming club - Galway

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Can I suggest some Rock Band at some point on Sat?

I hate the guitar but the drums and singing are great craic. Whenever I played the "guitar" I'd just get confused because my fingers would want to fret the actual proper chords. Such a headwreck. :mad:

Ah g'wan :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

*cough* Arma 2 OA installed the other day /shill :p

Ronan?

*cough* Arma 2 OA installed the other day /shill :p
    I thought I saw it a few days ago...

Also, I didn't realise steam was saving game files to the cloud until now. Was in a retro mood, played some HL2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

damn, i'm going to be missing bewbs on saturday :(

show bewbs next time i'm there please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 awedf

Asmodean wrote: »
    Lol I think we all envy ya buddy! :D

ya thanks :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Flojo wrote: »
    Well you can take over on my lappy when i'm kicking some nubs ass on Street fighter.. deal?

Nice one I won't need me shades so! Oh gosh CP's...really? From the sound of the place it sounds like hell on earth lol! :pac:

Remember the time you only won 3 rounds in 10 straight fights?

BAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

Flo is crap at SF and Tekken.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Sounds like I may be a challenger to her crown. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Can I suggest some Rock Band at some point on Sat?

I hate the guitar but the drums and singing are great craic. Whenever I played the "guitar" I'd just get confused because my fingers would want to fret the actual proper chords. Such a headwreck.

Ah g'wan

Oh is there Rockband there? Awesome I'll fight you for the drums haha :D

Seaneh wrote: »
    Remember the time you only won 3 rounds in 10 straight fights?

BAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh really Sean you're bringing a night where i was really depressed and upset about something into this? Yeah I had a ****e night and didn't play great, no need to tell everyone you fecking meet like

Sorry for rant all that just royally pisses me off!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Blood-Martyr

I think I'll pop in to ii around 3 then to see whats happening :)

Sounds like a bit of craic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Blood-Martyr

I have :P Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ahead of ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

skelliser wrote: »
    I would love to play some arma II but sadly my lappy isnt up for it.
    Do squareeyes have pc's as well as xboxes?

Ok, I should really stop posting :pac: or I really will sound like a shill (honestly, I'm a big game fan and I DO NOT/am not authorized to post for squareyes in an official capacity)but squareyes IS a PC gaming centre.
    There are NO xboxes (though a conversion of one of the Rock Band rooms could be in the works). People think there are xboxes, when in fact each of the PCs has a 360 controller plugged into it,as a fair percentage of customers, esp younger ones will refuse point blank to play any games without a gamepad. It works well for some console ports too.
    Steyr wrote: »
    Ronan?

Nope, as above, I'm not posting in an official/authorized capacity. Been gaming for ~15 years though, and I do happen to work there, so I don't mind providing basic info

Oh is there Rockband there? Awesome I'll fight you for the drums haha :D
    They have 2 (small) soundproofed rooms with consoles + rockband gear in them.

I'm happy out bopping along on vocals... haha. I won't fight ya for the drums.

I have Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ahead of ya!

Good man yourself! I'm guessing you're a man btw if not my apologies! :)

They have 2 (small) soundproofed rooms with consoles + rockband gear in them.

I'm happy out bopping along on vocals... haha. I won't fight ya for the drums.

You are sh!tting me?? DEADLY! :D

I'd laugh so hard I don't know if I could actually throw you out for that :pac:
    Although I did punt out the cheeky Roma couple who walked in when the place was empty one sun to try and 'make use' of the comfy leather chairs in the back room *facepalm*

You wouldn't throw lil old me out would you? *flutters eyelashes, offers cookies*

:p

*flutters eyelashes, offers tesco cookies*
    fyp

You wouldn't throw lil old me out would you? *flutters eyelashes, offers cookies*

:p

Hah, I might be bribable with cookies, but you might wanna wait till you see me in the flesh before you consider eyelash-fluttering :p
    not that i'm immune to such things, but my manager would disapprove and my gf may kick me in the head :pac:

Hah, I might be bribable with cookies, but you might wanna wait till you see me in the flesh before you consider eyelash-fluttering :p
    not that i'm immune to such things, but my manager would disapprove and my gf may kick me in the head :pac:

Haha I do jokes my friend :)

fyp

They may be of nicer quaility...depends how good you all are :p

Haha I do jokes my friend :)

:D Me too, I probably wouldn't get kicked in the head :pac: i still like cookies though

I'm away to a wedding this weekend so I'm not gonna be among all the pew-pew-pewing in the basement, I'm sure the spanish guy Oscar will take good care of you, he's very chill. Have fun!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

I'm sure the spanish guy Oscar will take good care of you, he's very chill. Have fun!

Oscar is absolutely dead on, great guy.

:D Me too, I probably wouldn't get kicked in the head :pac: i still like cookies though

I'm away to a wedding this weekend so I'm not gonna be among all the pew-pew-pewing in the basement, I'm sure the spanish guy Oscar will take good care of you, he's very chill. Have fun!

Is he hot?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Ok, I should really stop posting :pac: or I really will sound like a shill (honestly, I'm a big game fan and I DO NOT/am not authorized to post for squareyes in an official capacity)but squareyes IS a PC gaming centre.
    There are NO xboxes (though a conversion of one of the Rock Band rooms could be in the works). People think there are xboxes, when in fact each of the PCs has a 360 controller plugged into it,as a fair percentage of customers, esp younger ones will refuse point blank to play any games without a gamepad. It works well for some console ports too.

Ah so that explains it.

Id love to get into arma II tho, that fugitive mod seems like great fun, but until then il just have to own all ye noobs in COD.

Any here play the new battlefield on the xbox, recently picked it up, is it any good?

Would you guys ever have a midweek meet? I can never make any events on a weekend due to work commitments, but would love to go to one that happens during the week!

We used to go into the computer labs in GMIT and install C.S on as many machines as possible and play mammoth sessions - from 9-5 usually, until they kicked us out and banned games completely - really only because you'd always get one feckwit who would shout and roar all the time.

Is he hot?

Go down and judge for yourself ;)

Would you guys ever have a midweek meet? I can never make any events on a weekend due to work commitments, but would love to go to one that happens during the week!

Yeah we could np! This Sat just happened cause one person was going down already. I'm sure there are plenty more peeps that would be in the same boat :)

Go down and judge for yourself

Oh I am...was just curious :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭baldshin

Not sure if i'll tag along to this particular meet-i'd be the annoying guy constantly dying and asking what button does what! i'm more of a sports/retro gamer,though i do love a bit of rockband-drums or guitar for me!

We used to go into the computer labs in GMIT and install C.S on as many machines as possible and play mammoth sessions - from 9-5 usually, until they kicked us out and banned games completely - really only because you'd always get one feckwit who would shout and roar all the time.
    the same thing was happening in NUIG. this year my brother was doing a masters in physics but he knows all the 4th physics crowd (who have their own comp suite) and he got them all addicted to Soldier of Fortune 2. so they'd be playing SOFII all day, having a big LAN game. then one day, the head of the physics dept came in and saw they were all playing games and went ballistic at them :D

disappointed i'm not going to be there saturday :( last bus leaves at 6.10pm so it's not really worth my while going down. might come down another week. any idea on when the LAN will be and where? :)

Yeah we could np! This Sat just happened cause one person was going down already. I'm sure there are plenty more peeps that would be in the same boat :)

Oh I am...was just curious :P

Oh score! Lets definately organise one sometime - would love a proper mammoth session - does anywhere do an all night deal? I know Wired used to.

Haven't played a PC shooter in ages though - they're terrible on a laptop with a trackmouse!

whiteman19 wrote: »
    the same thing was happening in NUIG. this year my brother was doing a masters in physics but he knows all the 4th physics crowd (who have their own comp suite) and he got them all addicted to Soldier of Fortune 2. so they'd be playing SOFII all day, having a big LAN game. then one day, the head of the physics dept came in and saw they were all playing games and went ballistic at them :D

disappointed i'm not going to be there saturday :( last bus leaves at 6.10pm so it's not really worth my while going down. might come down another week. any idea on when the LAN will be and where? :)

Oh I love those things! We were the first year ever to actually get to know all the others - i.e. 1st years through til 4th year, because the majority of the guys were all in playing. At one point we took up 2 labs with maybe about 20 people. Now THAT was a good day.

• Advertisement

Haven't played a PC shooter in ages though - they're terrible on a laptop with a trackmouse!
    then why not get a USB mouse? they're cheap enough and you don't really need one of them gaming mouses, though a mouse with a scroller is essential for FPS's

i was wondering should we get in touch with CompSoc in NUIG? i know they have a few LANs going and Xboxs/PS's set up in the college on monday nights during the college year.

Advertisement