Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming club - Galway

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Yeah this'd be a great idea guys. Used to LAN years ago back in Waterford but I'd love to give it a go again. :D Must try and organise times etc that suits everyone though but there's no huge rush. We can start planning something and see how it turns out!! Be a mad laugh though seeing as how I don't have enough gamer friends in Galway and one always needs more!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Come join our little family if you haven't already guys and gals!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=132876763412891

Beer, games and cookies? You'd be stupid to say no! :p

Now Flo you better not be kidding about these cookies because I am very excited! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

cookies all round :P

the club is growing. 3 new members today :)

i'd almost come up to galway for the day to play LAN, but sadly i've got jobs to do around the house :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    Some ARMA II would be nice.
    Ahh good old Bohemia and Flashpoint, great game and the only one I've posthumously killed another player with a tractor! Lads in [ii] have a custom mission for the original flashpoint called Fugitives ,3 pow's crashland in a chopper and have to make there way to the south of the island while being hunted by 29 other players with access to choppers, trucks etc. all that's missing is tracker dogs! great craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

I would love to play some arma II but sadly my lappy isnt up for it.
    Do squareeyes have pc's as well as xboxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Eman Resu wrote: »
    Lads in [ii] have a custom mission for the original flashpoint called Fugitives ,3 pow's crashland in a chopper and have to make there way to the south of the island while being hunted by 29 other players with access to choppers, trucks etc. all that's missing is tracker dogs! great craic.
    Ronan [ii] told me about that. Sounds like mad craic.

I wonder did they ever create the equivalent for Dragon Rising?

I never got on that well with the original Flashpoint. I only really played it in the old Clan. Seemed like a great game but I never got into.

Do squareeyes have pc's as well as xboxes?

Yup pretty positive that they do!

Asmodean wrote: »
    Now Flo you better not be kidding about these cookies because I am very excited! :D

Ok well maybe the ones at the first meet will be from tesco.. but i solemnly swear to actually bake you guys cookies one day!

whiteman19 wrote: »
    cookies all round :P

the club is growing. 3 new members today :)

i'd almost come up to galway for the day to play LAN, but sadly i've got jobs to do around the house :rolleyes:

We're having a mini one this Sat.. can you make that one? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

Yup pretty positive that they do!
    I think there are 49 pc's in [ii] all the exact same so it's a truely even playing field. (no pun intended!)

Were are you having this LAN, my lappy isnt powerful enough for such an event!

skelliser wrote: »
    Were are you having this LAN, my lappy isnt powerful enough for such an event!

Well we're just meeting up a mini LAN on Sat in Square eyes. The bigger LANs
    will take around two weeks to organise, need to do plenty of brainstorming first to make it suitable and enjoyable for everyone!

But in the mean time we will be having beers, mini LANs and making new friends...

Oh nice one! Hope I can make it on Saturday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

OK PEOPLE LISTEN UP!

What time we meeting at Square eyes on Sat? :D

Steyr wrote: »
    OK PEOPLE LISTEN UP!

What time we meeting at Square eyes on Sat? :D

I can't hear anything? :(

But to answer your question hehe maybe around 3? Gives me enough time to crawl out of bed and to try disguise my hungoverness! But if ye wana go earlier obviously fire away I'll meet ye there around 3!

Also i think everyone should make a boards.ie hat out of paper mache... just so we'll know who everyone is, just saying! :pac:

Flojo wrote: »
    Also i think everyone should make a boards.ie hat out of paper mache... just so we'll know who everyone is, just saying! :pac:

Il be there for 2pm until 8pm MODWARFARE2 All the way! FYI il be wearing a Green Home Connacht Rugby Jersey.

PM me people.

Good stuff. Never been in square eyes before so it'll be a good laugh. I love MW2 but I suck balls at it so I guess ye'll recognise me because I'll be the one with the massive target on his back. lol

Found this btw

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=125516378937

Good stuff. Never been in square eyes before so it'll be a good laugh. I love MW2 but I suck balls at it so I guess ye'll recognise me because I'll be the one with the massive target on his back. lol

PM me if interested and i can give out the digits etc to organise it more.

Flojo wrote: »
    Ok well maybe the ones at the first meet will be from tesco.. but i solemnly swear to actually bake you guys cookies one day!
    She's a fraud! I knew it!
    FYI il be wearing a Green Home Connacht Rugby Jersey.
    I can't/won't plan my wardrobe that far ahead... :D
    Il be there for 2pm until 8pm MODWARFARE2 All the way!
    2pm sounds good to me too.

I've PM'ed Steyr, so anyone else that will be knocking around should do the same.

• Advertisement

I'll wear my full spartan body armour, or a green t shirt, either's good I guess! :)
    Maybe I'll come in at 2 aswell, I'll know for sure tomorrow. Is square eyes welcoming to noobs? :D

Is square eyes welcoming to noobs? :D

Absolutely it is, the Smoothie shakes are AMAZING.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

Beer on Friday nite, games on Saturday, now if there was only a way to combine the two then even Master Chief himself would be too stunned for words. Not that he was that talkative anyways but you know what I mean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Well, I won't be going. I hope ye enjoy then smell sweat. :pac:

ok, il see if i can make it down on saturday.

PM me whoever is going.

the Smoothie shakes are AMAZING.

Sold and SOLD :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

unfortunately i won't be there :(

it'd be a bit of hassle to get a bus to galway and back again. even though [ii] is right beside the bus station.

hopefully though i might come up for another day. :)

Is square eyes welcoming to noobs? :D
    Squareyes is really great. God knows, I've asked Ronan some really stupid questions before and he made sure I got an answer. They always seem to have good staff as well.

I've never come across any problems with machines. Everything just works. Every machine has a huge monitor, nice speakers and a PC/Xbox360 controller if you prefer to play that way. I call it "n00b-proofing"

They have all the normal snacks and drinks and you can order in pizza, paninis etc. Oh and them famous shakes as well. :)

• Advertisement

Found this btw

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=125516378937

Joined and left a wee msg haha!
    PM me if interested and i can give out the digits etc to organise it more.

You're robbing me of a job.. meh maybe I better get back into the kitchen...
    She's a fraud! I knew it!

Heeeey I will make them some day Mr :P

Advertisement