Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming club - Galway

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

MW2 & Rock Band by the looks of it. Rock Band will just be to break it up, not a long session of it.

Maybe try Arma II. Sure we can decide to play a bit of what everyone likes on Saturday. I'm not fussed. I haven't played most of the games so I'm not fussed.

Some of the games are no craic without a LAN.

Sure we'll try out a few games we haven't played before for the laugh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

I think the latest ARMA will be installed by saturday in [ii] and would reccomend giving it a blast especially the co-op stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

If anyone is up for it, some sort of RTS game might go well.

Columc wrote: »

I'll give it a go but i'll probably suck hehe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

baldshin wrote: »
    I'd be the same in my selections as gilberto eire, especially Left 4 Dead- seriously good multiplayer game, gotta be constantly talking to each other to survive it on the hardest difficulty, and you get really engrossed in it!

Nazi Zombies FTW, L4D is good though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Eman Resu wrote: »
    I think the latest ARMA will be installed by saturday in [ii] and would reccomend giving it a blast especially the co-op stuff.
    I've never played it, but I have heard of it. Read up on it last night a bit and it seems that it's great in multiplayer, since the friendly AI in the single-player can be very very infuriating at times.

Apparently, if that hadn't been so broken it would have been a real classic of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

The original is by far the best game iv ever played.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Sols12

Columc wrote: »

Pretty sure they got rid of C&C Zero Hour :mad: Played that game for hours on end!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Sols12 wrote: »
    Pretty sure they got rid of C&C Zero Hour :mad: Played that game for hours on end!!
    sure if we have a LAN in someone's house or the hackerspace, we can install it or copy & paste the folder over to everyone's machine. :)

Off topic I know but went to see Predators last night and couldn't find the fuc!<3rs anywhere!

• Advertisement

Off topic I know but went to see Predators last night and couldn't find the fuc!<3rs anywhere!

:confused:... find who?

The Predators themselves, it was a poor attempt at a joke.

The Predators themselves, it was a poor attempt at a joke.

whoops... apologies :pac:

Since Predators looks set to win the Cinema club vote, i taught that you were someone who was attending and you got the days wrong and couldn't find the rest of the group :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Since Predators looks set to win the Cinema club vote, i taught that you were someone who was attending and you got the days wrong and couldn't find the rest of the group

I thought the exact same thing! :D

whoops... apologies :pac:

Since Predators looks set to win the Cinema club vote, i taught that you were someone who was attending and you got the days wrong and couldn't find the rest of the group :D

No worries, can see how you might think that but would never call fellow members names (unless they gave me reason to)!

I can vouch for []Eyes C&C Zero Hour is still there, i play it alot down there too. "Our Nuclear Missile Is Now Ready General":pac:

Guys N Gals please PM me with your numbers or i can give you mine as tomorrow il be "roundin the troops" for this, so much easier than waiting around lookin all weird:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Sols12

Steyr wrote: »
    I can vouch for []Eyes C&C Zero Hour is still there, i play it alot down there too. "Our Nuclear Missile Is Now Ready General":pac:

Guys N Gals please PM me with your numbers or i can give you mine as tomorrow il be "roundin the troops" for this, so much easier than waiting around lookin all weird:pac:

Was told by management personally as of last friday it was taken off the machines due to a number of people complaining about latency issues (games not finishing due to issues).

Was told by management personally as of last friday it was taken off the machines due to a number of people complaining about latency issues (games not finishing due to issues).

Hmm news to me, il check tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭slyph

So what time are ye meeting at ? :O I'll be in town sometime tomorrow, have to buy some stuff and I will probably pop in.

Hey slyph. I think people will be popping in at different times but I think a few of us are heading in there at around 2, then others will probably be joining in as the day progresses.
    I've never been to square eyes before so I want to possibly meet up with some other people there at 2 so they can show me how its done! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭slyph

Guess I'll come in around 2 aswell then. I've being in squareyes before alright, it's quite nice in there. :)

il try and make it in for 2. Il text you steyr. Never been to squareeyes either and never met any of ye before so i hope yer not all weirdos!! ;)

Raaaaawr...boards beers was awesome I'm so drunk haha :D

Sounds like ye had a good night! :D
    i hope yer not all weirdos!!

I've never been before either and I'm not a weirdo. lol

Is there anyone there, I'm outside having a smoke!!

Oh god the random ****e I left everywhere...

Anyways.. sounds like people are making there way there or are already there! Cookies may be delayed.. I ain't walking to Tescos in that lol!
    More people coming at random times.. including myself. I'll prob be there in an hour or so. :pac:

Just back from the mini LAN! Great craic and a great bunch of heads down there!
    Felt a little scared going up to strangers and asking "are ye from the internet?" lol!

Took awhile to get used to cod with the keyboard but i was fraggin steyr within no time! Will have to add different games the next time maybe some rts in the mixture, COH or Total war.

Their still goin down there as i type so people can still head down, big group down the back on the right shouting and roaring!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

damn it! why do i have to be stuck in sligo? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

sorry that i missed it, crawled out of bed at 4 and looked out the window with the lovely rain and just thought... **** it :)

Hope ye all had a good time, and will be at the next one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

LAN is still going on. Good craic.

Definitely needs to be done again soon.

Advertisement