Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming club - Galway

Options

Comments

Ya good turn out, not much time to get to know anyone though with the games constantly flowing, so unsure off a good few names still. Maybe i missed all the social interaction in the first hour or two :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What sort of games? I'd play Call of Duty or anything FPS really, but aside from Dawn of War or Company of Heroes - do they have those? - I'm rubbish at RTS, like Command and Conquer Generals, or whatever the young people are playin these days. Well, apart from Red Alert, but being 15 years old, I doubt they have that one....

Was working today, but the next time there's a beers/lan running, I'll really have to ask for time off work, sounds like fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

WELL

What can i say...........It was brilliant:D, thanks to everybody who turned up, we had brilliant fun killing each other.

I do believe this will become a regular thing, Even though i am a Squareeyes regular i believe its just gotten better with my fellow Boardsies!

Free-For-All:pac:

skelliser wrote: »

Took awhile to get used to cod with the keyboard but i was fraggin steyr within no time!

Stop Screenwatchin'!!!!!!!!!!:pac:

Ya the whole keyboard and mouse is really hard to get used too. I never played with them before, just stuck to Football Manager and RTS whenever i gamed on PC. Having said that in the free-for-all's we had i never came lower then 2nd/3rd and there was more then 5 playing :D

I should be able to get in earlier to the next one, get settled earlier instead of arriving 3hours into the session.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Do they have ARMA II there? didnt see it on the list.
    Would love to have a go, even tho its more sim then arcadey and we would need a good few for a decent run.

Free for all is great but kinda drags abit after 4 hours! we need more team based stuff imo, more engrossing. Suppose we should wait until people get better and used to the controls tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Delighted with the turnout today lads! Fair play for coming down in this weather! Twas brilliant craic.. suprised I managed a few kills even though I'm not used to CoD on a keyboard hehe!

Keep your eyes peeled on facebook for the next event! Hoping to organise a beers for next weekend! Few of us meeting up for the zombie walk on thursday aswell!

Cinema group is going to see Predators in The Eye on Tues at around half 7, more the merrier!

Trying to organise a big LAN with Nuig Compsoc and the Hackerspace guys aswell! Hopefully that will be happening and in the next month or so.
    Will try have a chat with the owner of Square Eyes too see if they can do any deals for us if we decide to go there frequently as a group! Will need 10+ at each met up though so will see how popular the idea is first!

How about a session in square eyes again on saturday afternoon followed by drinking?

skelliser wrote: »
    How about a session in square eyes again on saturday afternoon followed by drinking?

Was thinking that but would prefer to kill two birds with one stone and give people the option to vote :)

Some non gamer Boardsies couldn't make it last Friday so I think it would be great to give them the chance again. Also we might be able to convert a few into our clan muh haha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Had a brilliant time yesterday! Was great to meet everyone face to face. The gaming/drinking sounds good lol

Asmodean wrote: »
    Had a brilliant time yesterday! Was great to meet everyone face to face. The gaming/drinking sounds good lol

Well we can go in for a few hours before whatever night it's on..but it will be costly, gaming and beers in the one night. :(

Flojo wrote: »
    Well we can go in for a few hours before whatever night it's on..but it will be costly, gaming and beers in the one night. :(

Then ya put a nagin of whiskey/vodka into your mineral bottle while you play :P

Lol! Oh yeah I wouldn't be able to do a full day then beer. Was thinking like an hour or two then to the pub maybe?

Then ya put a nagin of whiskey/vodka into your mineral bottle while you play

Haha sounds about right!

Asmodean wrote: »
    Lol! Oh yeah I wouldn't be able to do a full day then beer. Was thinking like an hour or two then to the pub maybe?

Yeah cool hun.. if you come last on CoD you have to get a shot as your first drink... haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

so what's the plan for the next LAN? (hey it rhymes :D)
    i might see if i can do down that day depending on the buses going :)

if you come last on CoD you have to get a shot as your first drink... haha
    A shot it is so!!
    so what's the plan for the next LAN? (hey it rhymes

Was trying to think of a fancy way to reply in rhyme but that ain't happening! I have heard Wednesday being bandied about as a possible reunion of the Mini-LAN but I think we are having another shorter session to coincide with going out for a few beers so if any of those days will suit you come along!
    Even if theres a day in particular that you wanna try and arrange just ask around and I'm sure a few people will be able to meet up with ya for a session.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

well, i'm a student currently on holidays without a job so i'm always free :P

depends on what everyone else wants really. my schedule isn't that full :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Stayed for 2hours the other day - was nice to see some faces. COD4 was fun. What else did ye play?

Went onto stars wars battlefront which was utter **** then some gta4.
    I left then when discussions were leading towards L4D2, did ye get that working? was it any good?

I would be up for an inpromptu session during the week, wednesday maybe, if anyones up for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

aye appertly a wednesday session seems to be on the boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

We played L4D2, GTA4... some old Star Wars game was a bit naff, but hilarious at the same time... pew pew, pew pew. :D

Played some Arma II when pretty much everyone had left. Me and Flora were the only ones with enough stamina ;) Although by then my eyes felt as if they were literally turning square.

Arma is a bit of hard work but I can see myself liking it. Played a bit of HL2 then for old times sake.

I was in some state after the beers though.

Mod Warfare 2 was very good though. I got Steyr and Asmodean with some ridiculous headshots early on, even though I wasn't really up there in terms of winning matches very much.

I really want to get into arma II but i reckon you will need alot of time and a good few people to have a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭baldshin

Damn wish i hadn't missed l4d!

Just checked out ArmA there on youtube, was expecting it to be a futuristic game for some reason... looks good :)

Arma 2 makes my brain go fuzzy. :(

Il be down there wednesday night anyway so txt me guys.

Steyr wrote: »
    Il be down there wednesday night anyway so txt me guys.

Life much? :pac:

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

cool Wednesday is happening :)

• Advertisement

what time?

Advertisement