Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athletics on TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

What's Mo running at Rio? 5k / 10k or is he stepping up to the Marathon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Myles Splitz

Inquitus wrote: »
    What's Mo running at Rio? 5k / 10k or is he stepping up to the Marathon?

5/10k

He usually runs a HM at this time of year as part of his preparations. The top 2 (Karoki and Kamworor are also running 10k)

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

walshb wrote: »
    One sided, how?

It felt like an advertisement/party politic broadcast by Seb Coe, questions over Coe's associations and conflict of interest were not even put to him and nobody was interviewed that had an oppossing view to Coe.

Not saying that Coe cannot/should not do the job but some balanced reporting and hard hitting questions from BBC would have been good - even if to show Coe is up to the task by tackling g issues head on. The sight of Ovett, Coe and Radcliffe sitting in a cafe having a chat gave further credence to the impression of 2 mates in the BBC giving him a dig out.

Hard hitting analysis of the issues facing athletics it most definitely wasn't which is a pity as it's an opportunity lost seeing the access they had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭El Caballo

El Caballo wrote: »
    That was a bit special. Paul Pollock was also the first non-African in 62:46, some run in those conditions.

*brainflash* that's what I get for reading the LRC thread. Forgot completely about Farah obviously, Pollock was first non-african born home.

Just got a chance to see the full race there. That run from Kamworor was absolutely nuts all things considered with the fall and the weather, I know racing isn't about "shape" but he had to have been in WR shape today. I didn't think this race would do much to change my mind on Rio as I wasn't expecting Farah to win anyway today but Kamworor's performance was incredible, I think Mo will be worried by just how good he is this time around and we might finally see that lightening quick race in Rio to test Farah. If the Kenyans get their act together, it could be something special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Paris Marathon live on Eurosport2 from 7.30am Sunday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

tang1 wrote: »
    Paris Marathon live on Eurosport2 from 7.30am Sunday morning.

Elite fields attached:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭Stablemaster

tang1 wrote: »
    Elite fields attached:

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭hawkwing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Highgate Harriers Night of the 10,000m PBs

http://www.runjumpthrow.com/videos/18759

mens race over, womens race a 9 and its loaded.

PB by 1min 10 and get 10 secs inside the Rio standard by 10 sec in to win trial and place on the plane. class.

• Advertisement

Rob Heffernan in on Ray Darcy tonight

Great Manchester run 10k on the beeb now with Bekele and Kipsang leading out the men's field and Dibaba, Kiplagat, Steel and Fionnuala running in the women's race

Fionnuala finished in 32:22.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Fionnuala finished in 32:22.

Is that considered a good time for that race? What position was she?

Itziger wrote: »
    Is that considered a good time for that race? What position was she?

She was 5th and beaten out of 4th by a whisker and finished just over a minute behind Tirunesh Dibaba. She stayed with them until just over 3k before Dibaba started to wind it up with Edna Kiplagat and Nkuri pulling away too. Was a little isolated after that as she was the last to be dropped by those 3 so I'd say it was a good run from her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

She was 5th and beaten out of 4th by a whisker and finished just over a minute behind Tirunesh Dibaba. She stayed with them until just over 3k before Dibaba started to wind it up with Edna Kiplagat and Nkuri pulling away too. Was a little isolated after that as she was the last to be dropped by those 3 so I'd say it was a good run from her.

That sounds fairly impressive alright. I'm guessing she's in marathon training mode so a minute and a bit on a top Kenyan/Ehtiopian duo isn't bad at all.

Itziger wrote: »
    That sounds fairly impressive alright. I'm guessing she's in marathon training mode so a minute and a bit on a top Kenyan/Ehtiopian duo isn't bad at all.

Just checked there and it's a road 10k pb for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,960 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Eurosport 2 now. Rome Diamond League. Gatlin due to race!

Semenya on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,512 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Stream for the GV Ryan Meet in Irishtown live here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCqxCAnblv8&app=desktop. 800m Noel Carroll race on in minute or two

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement

Live athletics on red button BBC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭johnruns

Wathced Muir at the London anniversary games she looked so good hope she medals in Rio.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Friday night was much better than Saturday tbh! We were at both.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Just finished catching up on both days. Friday was far better than the Saturday. Meet works better in the evening time I think.

Brendan Foster's Mo love-in is painful to listen to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Just finished catching up on both days. Friday was far better than the Saturday. Meet works better in the evening time I think.

Brendan Foster's Mo love-in is painful to listen to.

Yes for sure,but BBC know how to cover it though, some of the trackside camera action via the lads on the motor really captured the speed and the intensity of the action, especially Muir holding off Hassan, Mo in full flight and for me the three Kenyan lads going hell for leather in the mile was superb camerawork. Was a great meet to watch and some exceptional performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Any sign of Morton Games on TV? Seemed to be on ESPN but not Setanta this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Thanks - was there but managed to miss one of the headline races!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

A few athletics documentaries coming up on TV

Thursday 9pm & 3am BBC Four - Roger Bannister: Everest on The Track
    On May 6, 1954, Roger Bannister became the first man to run a mile in less than four minutes. Since that day, more people have reached the summit of Everest than have matched Bannister's feat. But as this documentary reveals, before the lunchtime-trained runner could make history, he first had to survive the Second World War. His story is told by Bannister himself, as well as his rival John Landy, Sebastian Coe, and Chris Chataway, who was Bannister's friend and pacesetter - among many others

Friday 9pm Sky Atlantic - The Fall: Decker vs Budd
    In an original Sky Atlantic documentary, former track and field athletes Mary Decker and Zola Budd are reunited for the first time since their controversial encounter at the 1984 Olympics.

http://www.skysports.com/olympics/news/15235/10509083/the-fall-zola-budd-v-mary-decker-duel-at-1984-olympics-subject-of-sky-atlantic-documentary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Murph_D wrote: »
    Any sign of Morton Games on TV? Seemed to be on ESPN but not Setanta this year?

https://twitter.com/WillDowningComm/status/758387798105874432

Advertisement