Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athletics on TV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Braken wrote: »
    The live internet feed was to highlight the field events,NBC had rights to the big track events
    Travers ran well but Coughlan was way off,Ciara Meegan finished about sixth in the women's version
    If you want to catch up on any athletics around the world. www.watchathletics.com
    believe Ciara ran an indoor Irish mile record?

Braken wrote: »
    The live internet feed was to highlight the field events,NBC had rights to the big track events
    Travers ran well but Coughlan was way off,Ciara Meegan finished about sixth in the women's version
    If you want to catch up on any athletics around the world. www.watchathletics.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

shels4ever wrote: »

She did, but wouldn't get too carried away with it. 4:28 is only about 4:08 or 4:09 over 1500m.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Chivito550 wrote: »
    She did, but wouldn't get too carried away with it. 4:28 is only about 4:08 or 4:09 over 1500m.

Nothing stand out but a good performance none the less.

What was impressive was Centrowitz running 3.50 for the mile at the Wannamker. Fourth fastest of all time indoors behind only Coghlan, Lagat and El Guerrouj. Some good company there, With that and Souleiman's 1K record, its heating up nicely for the metric mile over the summer.

Still a national record so better then any Irish wine ever, she is very consistent over the last 12 months in the 4:07 range so fingers crossed she has a good year.

• Advertisement

shels4ever wrote: »
    Still a national record so better then any Irish wine ever, she is very consistent over the last 12 months in the 4:07 range so fingers crossed she has a good year.

If she stays injury free there's no reason why she can't challenge for a final place in Rio, and get her time down into the 4:03 range.

If she stays injury free there's no reason why she can't challenge for a final place in Rio, and get her time down into the 4:03 range.
    I think a semi final would be a great result and if she can get to the 4:05 range has a chance of a final, I've been very impressed with her racing the last 6 months in particular, with the qualification done she can focus on rio form now which is a good thing. Is she running the world indoors ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

World Indoor Athletics 2016 starts in Portland Oregon on Friday.

Timetable is here:
    http://www.iaaf.org/competitions/iaaf-world-indoor-championships/iaaf-world-indoor-championships-5681/timetable/byday

Mark English has pulled out so only Irish interest (in the competition proper) is on RoseAnne Galligan in 1500m on Friday 20:25 (IR time).

Waterford man Joe Gough (masters world indoor record holder) goes in an invitational over-60 800m on Saturday 20:15 (IR).

BBC coverage here:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/athletics/34214296

Friday, 18 March

17:30-22:00, BBC Red Button and Online - live coverage

Finals include: men's shot put, women's long jump, women's pentathlon, women's 60m hurdles and men's 60m final.

Saturday, 19 March

00:30-04:00, BBC Two - live coverage

13:00-14:00, BBC One (highlights)

18:00-20:30, BBC Red Button and Online - live coverage

Finals on the penultimate day include: men's and women's triple jump, women's shot put final, men's high jump final, men's 800m final, men's and women's 400m final, women's 1500m, men's heptathlon and women's 60m.

Sunday, 20 March

00:00-03:30, BBC Two - live coverage

13:00-15:00, BBC Two (highlights)

19:30-22:00, BBC Red Button and Online - live coverage

23:30-01:00, BBC One (highlights)

The championships conclude with finals in: women's high jump, men's long jump, men's and women's 3000m, women's 800m, men's 1500m, men's 60m hurdles and men's and women's 4x400m relay.

Monday, 21 March

13:00-14:00, BBC Two (highlights)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

dna_leri wrote: »
    World Indoor Athletics 2016 starts in Portland Oregon today.

Timetable is here:
    http://www.iaaf.org/competitions/iaaf-world-indoor-championships/iaaf-world-indoor-championships-5681/timetable/byday

Mark English has pulled out so only Irish interest (in the competition proper) is on RoseAnne Galligan in 1500m on Friday 20:25 (IR time).

Waterford man Joe Gough (masters world indoor record holder) goes in an invitational over-60 800m on Saturday 20:15 (IR).

BBC coverage here:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/athletics/34214296

Friday, 18 March

17:30-22:00, BBC Red Button and Online - live coverage

Finals include: men's shot put, women's long jump, women's pentathlon, women's 60m hurdles and men's 60m final.

Saturday, 19 March

00:30-04:00, BBC Two - live coverage

13:00-14:00, BBC One (highlights)

18:00-20:30, BBC Red Button and Online - live coverage

Finals on the penultimate day include: men's and women's triple jump, women's shot put final, men's high jump final, men's 800m final, men's and women's 400m final, women's 1500m, men's heptathlon and women's 60m.

Sunday, 20 March

00:00-03:30, BBC Two - live coverage

13:00-15:00, BBC Two (highlights)

19:30-22:00, BBC Red Button and Online - live coverage

23:30-01:00, BBC One (highlights)

The championships conclude with finals in: women's high jump, men's long jump, men's and women's 3000m, women's 800m, men's 1500m, men's 60m hurdles and men's and women's 4x400m relay.

Monday, 21 March

13:00-14:00, BBC Two (highlights)

Eurosport has full coverage of it also, if you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

World Indoor Athletics 2016 starts in Portland Oregon today.

These actually start Friday Irish time.

Anyone watching live should note that Portland is 7 hours behind at the moment. The evening sessions will be after midnight our time, except for Sunday, which starts around 7:30 PM our time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

Pherekydes wrote: »
    These actually start Friday Irish time.

Anyone watching live should note that Portland is 7 hours behind at the moment. The evening sessions will be after midnight our time, except for Sunday, which starts around 7:30 PM our time.

Was getting a bit ahead of myself alright.
    Just feels a bit like a Friday too.

The series recorder is set :)

Delighted Eurosport have this. For those who don't have it I'd recommend getting the Eurosportonline player. It's just 60 euro a year and it has all the Diamond League and championships. You can watch live programmes up to 3 hours behind, and most of them get thrown up afterwards in full anyway, so you can watch athletics at a time most convenient to you, crucial when events are in places like Oregon.

Hard to get all that excited about these championships now that English has pulled out I have to say. Galligan will be gone in the heats and that will be that from an Irish perspective. Will still make for an entertaining few days, though I suspect the performances by some European countries will be poor. 3 championships in one year is a lot, and I suspect many will skip these in favour of the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Definitely Friday traffic out there.

Delighted Eurosport have this. For those who don't have it I'd recommend getting the Eurosportonline player. It's just 60 euro a year and it has all the Diamond League and championships. You can watch live programmes up to 3 hours behind, and most of them get thrown up afterwards in full anyway, so you can watch athletics at a time most convenient to you, crucial when events are in places like Oregon.

Hard to get all that excited about these championships now that English has pulled out I have to say. Galligan will be gone in the heats and that will be that from an Irish perspective. Will still make for an entertaining few days, though I suspect the performances by some European countries will be poor. 3 championships in one year is a lot, and I suspect many will skip these in favour of the other two.

Also for UPC users, there is the eurosport player there also.

Also for UPC users, there is the eurosport player there also.

I assume this is only if you have paid for the package that includes Eurosport? My folks have UPC on the TV but no Eurosport.

I assume this is only if you have paid for the package that includes Eurosport? My folks have UPC on the TV but no Eurosport.

Yeah thats right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

World Half Marathon Championships from Cardiff live on BBC1 from 1.30pm Saturday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Wottle

BBC 1 now "can Seb Coe save athletics?"

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Wottle wrote: »
    BBC 1 now "can Seb Coe save athletics?"

Pretty one sided program by the BBC so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

When Paula was wheeled out I was like ffs. Some propaganda.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,960 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Defending champ falls at the start. Trampled!

One sided, how?

Good race. Mo's on PB level and still 120 metres behind the leaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Pollock 16th at 15k - 2:35 down on leaders

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

44:50 at 10 miles, crazy pace!

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

This is some performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭El Caballo

That was a bit special. Paul Pollock was also the first non-African in 62:46, some run in those conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Ireland men 7th overall, pretty good performance by Paul Pollock, not sure what the other times are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭wgtomblin

Ireland men 7th overall, pretty good performance by Paul Pollock, not sure what the other times are

+1
    14th place for Pollock and 1st non-African born. Superb result.

Did Kamworor tunnel his way back to the lead pack after his fall? Some running. 59.10 in those conditions.

Advertisement