Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - July 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

lovely morning here

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Dry, cloud building,16 deg (more rain on the way)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Drizzling on and off for the last hour or so. Brisk WSW'ly breeze & temp 17C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Fionagus wrote: »
    Drizzling on and off for the last hour or so. Brisk WSW'ly breeze & temp 17C

We are getting the odd isolated big drop of rain falling here but nothing to wet the ground very much. 16.7c.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Heavy shower of rain here at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Heavy rain here in West Limerick now too :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A very heavy shower just passed through Castlebar there.no thunder/lightening but very heavy rain. I was up at Knock airport a while ago and the high rain totals yesterday evening were indeed correct as there was gravel washed all over the roads up there!!

A very heavy shower just passed through Castlebar there.no thunder/lightening but very heavy rain. I was up at Knock airport a while ago and the high rain totals yesterday evening were indeed correct as there was gravel washed all over the roads up there!!

So Mayo is hogging all the interesting stuff yet again!

Dry and typical fair weather day here! :mad: 17.6c, warmer than yesterday on the thermo, yet feels cooler.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

It was dry for the last hour or so, but suddenly the heavens have just opened up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

dry all day until 15 min ago,it is still absolutely tipping it down so heavy and dark ive had to turn the light's on but no thunder or lightning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Gorgeous morning in Dublin,sunny and bright with a light breeze and temp around 17c.

Mediocre day with 50% cloud that keeps the sun more in than out. 18.1c.

Had a freak gust of 40mph yesterday evening ahead of a band of showers that moved over. All the more remarkable as it was almost calm seconds before hand, and again afterwards! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Started blue skies, gradually shower type clouds have developed and we look like getting something shortly.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Cloudy, 16 deg no wind

Cloudy in Castlebar,calm,mild 16 degrees.Great vis today aswel. Edit at 1847-A very heavy shower passed through Castlebar around 6pm.one of those where the road suddenly turns into a river and traffic pulls in.Dunno how there wasnt thunder!!

Very calm evening here,virtually no breeze and a temp of 14c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Jake1 wrote: »
    I saw somewhere we had a tornado watch??? :) whats the chances lads?
    I cant imagine one here in Lucan :)

Garden is loving the rain though.

Now that you mention it, Around 20:45 directly north of me there was a funnel cloud that reached quite a bit down towards the ground before it disappeared. I only managed to take a picture of the early formation of it as I was in a hurry.

It looked to be to the west ballyhoura mountains. Charleville direction?

funnel2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

lovely sunny morn 13.8c :)
    going to be short lived radar showing big blobs of precip of the sw coast already :(

Raining here,14 deg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dark and very humid.

• Advertisement

Grey, breezy & 16.5C with occasional great big splattery raindrops!

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭dryan

No sign of rain yet - but its close

Now that you mention it, Around 20:45 directly north of me there was a funnel cloud that reached quite a bit down towards the ground before it disappeared. I only managed to take a picture of the early formation of it as I was in a hurry.

It looked to be to the west ballyhoura mountains. Charleville direction?

funnel2.jpg

Sweet!!! Great shot :)

Cloudy and quite dark but dry. Hints of a slight haze to giving the clouds a softer look with brigher spots looking more a pale orange rather than the usual glarey white grey! 17.5c /12mph ESE / 1004.0 mb faling more quickly.

Heavy rain, 16.5C - miserable:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

drizzley showers most of the afternoon :mad:

A grim, dark and wet evening (love it though!) but winds have eased a good deal. 9mph mean currently from the ENE. 13.9c.

Miserable evening out. Feels like October.:(

Wet in Castlebar from around 3pm onwards,with some heavy bursts.low cloud/mist also.Not much wind,the bit there is,is from the East.Darkest evening for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

miserable driving drizzley rain all evening,roll on the summer ;)

Advertisement