Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - July 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Dry all day in Castlebar and still dry but the rain is not to far away by the looks of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Dry all day in Castlebar and still dry but the rain is not to far away by the looks of it!

Officially pissing in Tuam now, seems to have come out of nowhere. 3.3mm so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Manky.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Heavy rain all day,16 deg

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Timistry

mp22 wrote: »
    Heavy rain all day,16 deg

Similar conditions here.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Drizzly crap has dried up again and it is now 14c with cloudy rubbish, meanwhile it is still 31c in london at 6pm! UGH

Steady rain here since about 1pm
    Quite a lot of standing water.

Currently 15.7c

Don't know what is going on with the temp here, but my Davis, La Crosse and an old mercury max/min thermo are all showing temp down of just 13.2c :eek:

Nearest offical station Claremorris is still on 16c:

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

Still raining although lightly (2.5mm/ph) and flat calm.

Don't know what is going on with the temp here, but my Davis, La Crosse and an old mercury max/min thermo are all showing temp down of just 13.2c :eek:

Yea thats not odd considering we had a max of only 14c yesterday here, disgraceful temperatures considering temps in the southeast!

OMG the sun just came through the clouds there now!! YAY

• Advertisement

owenc wrote: »
    Yea thats not odd considering we had a max of only 14c yesterday here, disgraceful temperatures considering temps in the southeast!

Hardly a surprising temp for the north coast of Ireland though? We have higher standards down here! :D

Hardly a surprising temp for the north coast of Ireland though? We have higher standards down here! :D

We have higher standards in the winter!:P

Mean rain rate has increased here in the last 15 mins. Hovering around 4.0mm/ph on average. Lovely warm feeling rain too and feels great to be out in. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Same here mate, temps were up to 21c in the sun this afternoon, but since the rain arrived its down to 13.6c!! Feels warmer though?

Mean rain rate has increased here in the last 15 mins. Hovering around 4.0mm/ph on average. Lovely warm feeling rain too and feels great to be out in. :)

that brings back memories from florida!!! The rain there is lovely its like a warm swimming pool!

owenc wrote: »
    that brings back memories from florida!!! The rain there is lovely its like a warm swimming pool!

Yep. I remember the rain here last November was warm too, although much heavier. When the rain is warm like that, you barely even notice being out in it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

You poor devils! We've had one of the hottest days of the year in London, temperature 31c, sunny! We had a few spits and spots of rain on Wednesday but that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Temp down to 14c and incessant rain. Feels like it's getting dark already!

lord lucan wrote: »
    Temp down to 14c and incessant rain. Feels like it's getting dark already!

Well it won't be until 11pm.;)

Thomas828 wrote: »
    You poor devils! We've had one of the hottest days of the year in London, temperature 31c, sunny! We had a few spits and spots of rain on Wednesday but that was it.

Yes and i see its still 29c in heathrow!! I wonder what the minimum could be tonight, the higher tonight the more warmer tomorrow!:eek:

• Advertisement

Sudden veer in wind direction over the last 20 mins. Gone from a calm SW to 3mph NNW. I first noticed it when the rain started coming in the back door! :P. Still raining with a uniform and strange browny yellow sky with no sign of even a small scud like fractus about. A mild feeling 12.6c.

13c here and still not raining hurry up for god sake! yous have had rain since like 2pm and its still not here, that is one slow rainband! EDIT: you would've thought it would be here by now, but its not and according to that radar it is near the hills behind my house but i can't see any rain to the south of me infact to the north of me there is a red sky which is broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

John Eagleton giving a very bleak outlook on the weather just there.Wet in Castlebar now,nothing to heavy,almost calm.Mild but not as mild as earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

29 degrees at the moment here in France :(

I am so jealous of the rain and cool weather in Ireland, could do with it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭GSF

John Eagleton giving a very bleak outlook on the weather just there.Wet in Castlebar now,nothing to heavy,almost calm.Mild but not as mild as earlier.
    Yes he basically said its going to rain for the rest of the summer, every day, non stop. Start building the ark now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

absolutely pouring here for past few hours which has followed 24 hours of light to medium rain, the driveway is flooded and it's not ment to stop till around this time tomorrow night, it's turning into last summer very quickly here. Whatever drought there was is well over here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

yip that's what he said"it's not looking good for the summer" :mad:

well all of you that wanted rain......look out the f#####g window.......:pac:

15.0mm of rain this evening, more than I was expecting really but not complaining!! Just your average dank night now with winds having veered further to the ENE..5mph.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

jambofc wrote: »
    yip that's what he said "it's not looking good for the summer" :mad:
    :

He is in no position to make that claim, he works for Met Eireann.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭pauldry

38mm of rain has fallen in Sligo since I left the house 2 weeks ago.

Just in door a few hours.

By the looks of things Julys weather hasnt just broken.. its smashed.

Roll on August.

Advertisement