Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - July 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭John mac

a few showers before 12:00,

since then has been warm and partly cloudy ,

nice and warm in the sun, slight westerly breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Glourious day here in the west. not the warmest day weve had but very sunny! 19c i think was the best temp today!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A nice day in Castlebar,sunny,some scattered clouds about.nice Westerly breeze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Started bright but has filled in. Looks like one way ticket to raintown later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Cloudy and dry with the occasional gust up to 25mph. 13.5c.

Edit, started to light rain as soon as I pressed 'post'!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

light drizzle started in the last hour, 15 deg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Strange old day,cloudy and cool with some patches of drizzle. Currently 15c.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,823 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

10 miles W of Galway. Radar shows no rain & it's hammering down !. Should be clearing soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

Light rain and then drizzle here since approx. 11.00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

a very chilly day for the time of year. Just 15c at 2pm. Dry at least but fresh winds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

No rain here, despite the odd stray spit, since approx 1.00 pm.
    Clouds have parted to show a patch of blue in the south west/west so the sun has been shining through in varying intensities for most of the time since. The rest of the sky on all sides is still cloud covered though and it's very windy.

Having abated for a few hours the wind has picked up again and it's become very blustery.

Pretty odd conditions here at the mo. Getting frequent 'waves' of intense drizzle/light rain spurts. They only last about 20/30 seconds at most, stop for about 5 mins, then come back with an increased intensity. Last one just passed registered a rain rate of 2.4mm/ph. About 5 of these spurts have passed over in the last half hour, and sure enough, as I type, another just moving in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gloomy as hell as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Pretty odd conditions here at the mo. Getting frequent 'waves' of intense drizzle/light rain spurts. They only last about 20/30 seconds at most, stop for about 5 mins, then come back with an increased intensity. Last one just passed registered a rain rate of 2.4mm/ph. About 5 of these spurts have passed over in the last half hour, and sure enough, as I type, another just moving in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gloomy as hell as well.

I was going to post something simular. Stop and start but very heavy bursts (Absolutly lamping it down at the moment!)

Feels like i should have a fire lit!

snaps wrote: »
    I was going to post something simular. Stop and start but very heavy bursts (Absolutly lamping it down at the moment!)

Feels like i should have a fire lit!

Very true! I was out in the last one and it felt like being in a warm shower! Visibility falling again as yet another spurt moves in. 3 mins since the last one!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    a very chilly day for the time of year. Just 15c at 2pm. Dry at least but fresh winds.

It was only 12c at 4pm today and then it warmed up and now its 18c but thats still freezing, its so crap aswell and its giving me migranes!!

Gloomy as hell as well.

Sounds like a typical showery day. It only rained here once today at 12 and that was all it was drizzle aswell its all dried up again, this is one of the driest years here so far, it hasn't rained nuts for months on end, it only seems to be the west of his island that is getting loads of rain.

owenc wrote: »
    Sounds like a typical showery day. It only rained here once today at 12 and that was all it was drizzle aswell its all dried up again, this is one of the driest years here so far, it hasn't rained nuts for months on end, it only seems to be the west of his island that is getting loads of rain.

These showers are within a classic stable warm sector, so not really that typical. They are of low intensity but very drenching at the same time. You should move to the west Owen, you'd love the weather!! It can be loud, but equally it can be gentle.

Edit: rain seems to have taken a firmer hold over the last 5 mins. A steady 2.0mm/ph. Wind gusting to 29mph.

A fairly ok day in Castlebar up until around 5.30 where its been miserable since.very wet and quite dark now compared to other evenings of late.mild and breezy.

Emmm, theres a strange white streak in the sky over Weston, and a lot of smoke.. anyone else seeing this?? it almost looks like someone scratched the sky !!! Bizarre.

• Advertisement

Jake1 wrote: »
    Emmm, theres a strange white streak in the sky over Weston, and a lot of smoke.. anyone else seeing this?? it almost looks like someone scratched the sky !!! Bizarre.

Couldn't see it,massive bank of cloud moving South to North crossing my view west unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Came on for a check here. Sky the weirdest colour here. Pinky/grey/orange. Very eerie. Absolutely lashing down.
    Should I have my eyes tested?? Spooky !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭Joe Public

irish1967 wrote: »
    Came on for a check here. Sky the weirdest colour here. Pinky/grey/orange. Very eerie. Absolutely lashing down.
    Should I have my eyes tested?? Spooky !!

Looking in Holland's direction maybe?

Front has cleared through in Castlebar now,but its gone very windy!!

Still a bit breezy but a balmy 18c out. Breeze knocks a few degrees off but it's still very mild.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

another overcast chilly day,14c
    where's the summer gone :(
    doesn't look to good on the charts for the foreseeable future either.

These showers are within a classic stable warm sector, so not really that typical. They are of low intensity but very drenching at the same time. You should move to the west Owen, you'd love the weather!! It can be loud, but equally it can be gentle.

Edit: rain seems to have taken a firmer hold over the last 5 mins. A steady 2.0mm/ph. Wind gusting to 29mph.

NO i would not! All it does is rain there and all there is, are depressing green fields, i've seen it on coast and it looks so depressing.

Was sunny when i got up and now its cloudy for god sake! only 17c aswell.

owenc wrote: »
    Was sunny when i got up and now its cloudy for god sake! only 17c aswell.

That made me laugh so much Owenc :) Sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Some fairly heavy bursts of rain on and off since morning but at the moment blue skies & sunshine - 16.2C

Advertisement