Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - July 2010

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Darkening skies moving up now. Some racing fractus also, yet nothing showing up on radar despite the look of showers.

Yeh i just got drizzle and then that left, i was expecting that massive amount of rain to come over me but it just went upto scotland! I was expecting to look out and it bucketing down after the drizzle had started but in 10 minutes it was gone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

owenc wrote: »
    Yeh i just got drizzle and then that left, i was expecting that massive amount of rain to come over me but it just went upto scotland! I was expecting to look out and it bucketing down after the drizzle had started but in 10 minutes it was gone!

Never mind Owen, you seem to be the best location tomorrow regarding tomorrow morning's front. Some very strong winds forecast for the North with some squally showers too!

Never mind Owen, you seem to be the best location tomorrow regarding tomorrow morning's front. Some very strong winds forecast for the North with some squally showers too!

YAYYY lol..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Turning wet and windy in Castlebar now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

16C, wet and windy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

blustery with occasional drizzle in between brief brighter interludes. Temp 16c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    blustery with occasional drizzle in between brief brighter interludes. Temp 16c

Moderate shower moving through here now with winds increasing a little. 36mph gust just there and mean speed up to 18mph.

Nothing here just cloudy with the sun poking through and breaking the cloud up. Temp is 17.5c and the wind speed is 30mph with a 50mph wind gust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mild and damp.

19c outside and i think we've got another day of 20c+ when we were forecasted the teens , and the patch of sunshine is getting ever so large at this rate we could get wall to wall sunshine. The water is dried up already aswell in the space of half an hour which shows that it didn't rain much.

• Advertisement

Bright and breezy 18C

Morning all :)

its just been raining sideways here in Lucan, very gusty too.

Now sunny and windy (quick change!)

mike65 wrote: »
    Now sunny and windy (quick change!)

Same here :) quick as a hiccup, out comes the sun and blue skies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Very strong gusts here. Wasn't expecting it to be this windy.

rhonin wrote: »
    Very strong gusts here. Wasn't expecting it to be this windy.

Tbh its just a blustery day with the wind being 35mph and 50mph gusts, but if that were to change to 60mph and 80mph gusts it would be strong, i had 100mph gusts one night but i don't think the wind was overly strong?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,036 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

When was the last time time we had an Atlantic storm? I cant remember but I think it could be as long ago as last November.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Blustery here all morning, had a power outage lasting nearly two hours.

A very windy night in Castlebar last night and a very windy day today.drove up to Knock airport earlier and came across a fairly big tree on my way which had been blown over,blocking most of the road(back road up to the airport). Mostly cloudy.Mild.

I decided to go to the Point Village market today, only to find it was cancelled due to the winds. It was open this morning, but when I got there about 1.30 ish they were all gone. Fierce gusty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

stayed in westport last night after the charity run and there was a full blown storm all night,rain was pelting it down and tree's were bent over with the force of the wind,rain was so heavy at 3am that it set the alarm off on my motorbike :eek:
    drive home today was a bit hairy with us being blown from one side of the road to the other by some savage gust's.
    cant remember the last time it was that bad,begining of november last year maybe :confused:
    mind you some of the locals were saying "grand fair day" lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Wind died down this evening,nice end to the day. Temp still holding up around 16c with plenty of cloud about.

IMG_20100704_212523.jpg

A cloudy evening in Castlebar and dry apart from a shower that just passed through now,quite heavy.nice and clear behind it.

14C and calm after a blustery day. I'd forgotten how good a howling wind sounds!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

Stop moneing everyone the weather is not that bad and we have had a lot of good weather for a long while now ya think we were after having a tsunami or an earthquake or something so give up yis er ol moinen now and get out and enjoy life sure it's only a little bit of a storm and a little drop of rain.:D

lord lucan wrote: »
    Wind died down this evening,nice end to the day. Temp still holding up around 16c with plenty of cloud about.

IMG_20100704_212523.jpg
    Very good pic well taken...

Blustery here all morning, had a power outage lasting nearly two hours.
    OMG HOW TERRIBLE:rolleyes:

Its great when it rains sideways you only get wet on one side:D:D:D

A cool 16C. Breezy with broken cloud and occasional short, sharp showers.

• Advertisement

Slightly funny morning, one min bright warm sun then a dark damop cloud and wind. Mixed in a Spring sort of way.

Advertisement