Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smallville - Season 10 [US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

First episode of Smallville I've enjoyed in a long while. Getting a glimpse of the iconic suit (borrowed from Brandon Routh) was a nice touch. Knowing Smallville though, they'll probably do a "Star Trek Voyager" on it and we'll only get to see him wear the suit in the last frame of the last episode...

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd say thats almost a certainty. It will be the finale when he gets into it, and we'll only see him in it for a little while. Hopefully we'll get a decent super-fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

I agree with kiith, He'll prob be on the roof of the daily planet, rip off his shirt and tie and fly off in the suit. Although I'd love to see him wear it before that, it will still be awesome when he does finally wear it!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ agree with above, we'll see him wearing the suit very briefly...i just hope they are allowed to use the original Superman theme, he'll fly off into the sun. :-)

Excellent second episode!...iconic closing sequence with
    Clark on the roof of the Daily Planet wearing a "S" logo'd jacket.
    Nice additions with the Suicide Squad, Plastique and Deadshot....they are really going out with a bang!

• Advertisement

LOL!...the fans are HATING the new Supes suit, nice to see Keri Lynn Pratt...cute, i remembered her from Greek and other stuff, lovin' Cat.

clarkjacket.jpg

WARNING: ARTICLE MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS --> http://www.ugo.com/tv/smallville-shield-recap

Promo for next week:

New suit:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Ya know, apart from the Green Arrow / Chloe stuff, that was quite an enjoyable 2nd episode. Lots of plot threads being setup with Clark, Hawkman, Suicide Squad, etc.. and the Deadshot guy seems to be a good addition. Hopefully, the writers can keep this consistency going (doubtful going on previous seasons) - been a good start to the final season.

CGI is still pants though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Hedman

Just finished watching it now, not a bad episode imo. I did cringe a bit during the final scene though if i'm honest. The whole shot seemed a little cheesy to me :( Hopefully they handle the suit reveal if/when it happens better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭pah

Well, looks as if it's now confirmed
    Clark/Tom Welling will suit up
    by seasons end:

http://tinyurl.com/35ybuey

I like that Welling watches 24 :)

I think the first couple of episodes are setting things up nicely, I do hope the suit reveal will be more than a flash of red & blue in the last minute of the last episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

I like the new suit, just not sure why he needs padding on it :pac:

I'm hoping the final scene is a bit more than the red and blue suit. TBH, we've already seen it so i don't think it'll have much impact in 20 episodes time. I'm hoping for a big Justice League Unlimited-esque shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

New season is shaping up quite well so far! Surely thats not the last we see of Chloe though?!

I hope they don't go down the predictable route and end with Clark putting on the suit :rolleyes:

Quite enjoyed this one again. Writing seems less clunky than the awful writing that permeated season 9. I groaned when Hawkman appeared but was relieved to find that he had lost the Batman voice. It was quite amusing to see his reaction to Lois as she behaved in the manner he remember her for in early seasons. That whole "you make me want to scratch out my eyeballs with a fork" reaction that I remember so well.

Not liking the new Cat Grant. Anytime she comes on screen, I keep wishing for Tracy Scoggins instead.

By the way, was that a woman's jacket that Clark was wearing at the end?

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

I like the look of the new jacket, looks like it was made by the same people that made ollie and the rest of the guys costumes but i think it looks cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭larchielads

i like that jacket where can i get one? actually i could get one here http://www.replicaprops.com/cart2/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33_39&products_id=142&zenid=83b739a41c47bb0acec481430dbed2f6 a bit pricey though

i like that jacket where can i get one? actually i could get one here http://www.replicaprops.com/cart2/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33_39&products_id=142&zenid=83b739a41c47bb0acec481430dbed2f6 a bit pricey though

:eek: - they can feck off with that price tag!

:eek: - they can feck off with that price tag!

Never a truer word said man, do you get super powers for that price too?

Never a truer word said man, do you get super powers for that price too?

Or a date with Lois Lane?

Either or would be fine with me lol

Dreadful episode!....really bad, even Supergirl could not save it, terrible dialogue. VanderHOT in her little outfit wasn't enough to save this turd. No much else to say...pah!

Ah dont say that Richard, I'm looking forward to going home and watching it after work!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Like fudge it was. Much better than last weeks. A major plot development at the end and hints of the larger evil to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Dreadful episode!....really bad, even Supergirl could not save it, terrible dialogue. VanderHOT in her little outfit wasn't enough to save this turd. No much else to say...pah!

Since when has there been good dialogue??? :confused:

Lois in bondage + Kara cant complain

TonyD79 wrote: »
    Since when has there been good dialogue??? :confused:

Lois in bondage + Kara cant complain

Yeah it was the fettish episode :rolleyes:

I knew it would be a good one when Richard said he didn't like it. Three in a row. Getting somewhat optimistic that 10 could be a good season although we've been down this road before like in season 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Oh come on now Richard it's smallville we've sat through 10 season's of this :D

Every season I have said thats it no more, every season the last one suckers me into watching one more season and every season after every episode I am say exactly the same as what you posted to myself :D

What is it about smallville? I mean it's pure and utter tripe and has been since season 2 or 3 but yet I can't stop watching it , I'll likely get withdrawal symptoms when it finishes :rolleyes: well that or I take up crack I hear it's easier to quit than smallville :D

There's always something enticing about Superman. Even after the tripe that was "Returns", I'm still itching for another movie. I did stop watvhing mid way through season 9 but after catching a climpse of the Superman suit at the start of this season, I've started watching again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Yup thats exactly what suckered me into still watching Stark :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

There has always been horrible dialogue with this show so that's no surprise. Overall not a terrible episode. Compare the first 3 eps of this season to last season and it is much better.

However I have to say,even though I know it is a tv show and not a massive budget,but that was some of the worst CGI I have seen. It was shocking. The sign falling with the crane,so bad. And even at the Kent farm on the windmill looked so bad! The season premiere had actually good CGI and then we get this,shocking!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

Thought it was a good watch. So far I've really enjoyed the first 3 episodes:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

calex71 wrote: »
    What is it about smallville? I mean it's pure and utter tripe and has been since season 2 or 3 but yet I can't stop watching it

I think quite a few of us are "trapped" that way :). A huge number of episodes in the last few years have been complete and utter sh*te, yet after all these years, I simply can't give it up, even though I have no actual logical explanation of why I still watch it...
    tvnutz wrote: »
    I know it is a tv show and not a massive budget,but that was some of the worst CGI I have seen.

Indeed. Watching it in HD made it about a hundred times worse - extremely poor. Maybe they are really penny-pinching with the budget this year for the later episodes...

Advertisement