Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smallville - Season 10 [US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

PUmped?

Here we go lads :D
    And....to get you in the mood :eek:

Laura-Vandervoort-Kara-Supergirl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 55,492 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Very good episode.... at least now we know how they're bringing Lex back. Lets hope they keep the story going and don't go back to meteor freak of the week again.

Its a pity that great cameo at the end was ruined by the credits at the start.

Loads of hints that Clark puts on the costume and fllies in the series finale!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

So is this actually worth watching for the last season? I have it downloaded but Im just not sure Im gonna watch it! Last season was pretty awful at times tbf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Hedman

I thought it was a mess tbh :(

Really not giving me much hope for the final season ahead.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Ah it wasn't too bad. The Oliver storyline was boring but I like the idea of Clarke realising he has to stop being an ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

ixoy wrote: »
    Ah it wasn't too bad. The Oliver storyline was boring but I like the idea of Clarke realising he has to stop being an ass.

See the writers addressed the criticism the show got last season when Clarke destroyed the towers in the scene with Jonathan Kent at the end. As for the Lex storyline their playing a huge gamble if they dont know if Michael Rosenbaum will come back or not.

^ what criticism?....he blew up the towers for good reason, i agree with the Lex thing, but i thought they established Lex Is dead, but has clones running about....they didn't really hint Rosenbaum would come back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

^ what criticism?....he blew up the towers for good reason, i agree with the Lex thing, but i thought they established Lex Is dead, but has clones running about....they didn't really hint Rosenbaum would come back.

They went nuts online in the states over the twin towers - 9/11 reference and the fact blowing up a building is not the kind of thing Superman would ever do.

Also the picture of Lex (Rosenbaum)on the newspaper running for president in 2013 was not some bald "look a like". The guy didnt look a thing like him ..they mite aswell have got Kevin Spacey to do a cameo as an older clone than that guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Rascal77

I liked it.Looks like Darkseid will be possessing someone rather than stomping around metropolis going by the misty version of himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

Will we actually get to see him wearing the suit and flying?

Will we actually get to see him wearing the suit and flying?

Unknown as yet, but the season opener had loads of pointers to this, we got to see the suit, then it was hung up in his ice palace near the end, other hints in the ep. as well.

I wanna see more of JSA and Dr. Fate..

Well, looks as if it's now confirmed
    Clark/Tom Welling will suit up
    by seasons end:

http://tinyurl.com/35ybuey

Spoiler tags added, link masked, infraction given.
    Some people don't want to know plot points months in advance, Richard.
    At least give them the choice.

That's pure BULL!!...this is a spoiler tagged thread, if you come in you expect spoilers, regardless if it's one week, or month or end of series. I'm NOT having this...i'm gonna fight this one!, i've never bothered to PM back a mod about an infraction, or asked it be escalated and reviewed by a senior mod or administrator.

mostly because the infractions were either warranted, i was being an ass on purpose....but in this case i feel very strongly the infraction is downright unfair. You've already altered my post, i can't change that, but i want the infraction removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,856 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Richard,

There's absolutely no bull about it, and you're fighting a losing battle!

I've warned you about this before (the 'Glee' thread just last week if I recall correctly) - "spoilers" indicated in a thread title means a series shall be discussed as it airs without spoiler tags used. There's a big difference between that and spoiling future plotlines, episode titles etc. (these should be indicated in spoiler tags).

Common sense prevails here. Episodes as they air in the US are discussed without spoiler tags (providing a thread title indicates it), but what if people who are watching it as it airs don't want to know the latest Ausiello scoop and ruin their enjoyment of the show.

I assumed you've been here long enough to know this.. plenty of others do.. but you do now know for the future!

We do it ALL the time, how many posts have there been with info about upcoming episodes or upcoming guest stars or upcoming plotlines....today i posted about Gossip Girl <spoiler removed>, why no infraction about that?

Or the numerous other forum members who post about upcoming episodes?

We do it ALL the time, how many posts have there been with info about upcoming episodes or upcoming guest stars or upcoming plotlines....today i posted about Gossip Girl <spoiler removed>, why no infraction about that?

Or the numerous other forum members who post about upcoming episodes?
    Removed details of 'Gossip Girl' spoiler.. there no reason to quote details of it - "Gossip Girl" would have been sufficient! ;)

We can't monitor every single thread.. especially at the rate you're creating them! ;) Either people didn't notify us or we didn't see it (I don't know of many TV mods who are fans of 'Gossip Girl'! :)).

As for the infraction, this isn't the first time you've done this and this isn't the first time I (and probably others) have warned you about it.

• Advertisement

And if you look i've only received five infractions in over a year, you make it seem like i've had hundreads and constantly under the mod thumb, three of which have expired.

0 point(s) total Latest Infractions Received
    Post Date Expires Points Reason Posted By
    Smallville - Season 10... 26-09-2010
    23:02 06-10-2010
    23:02 0 Breach of Forum Charter Mr E
    Danny Boyle's "127... 17-09-2010
    02:55 27-09-2010
    02:55 0 Being Naughty johnny_ultimate
    New Moon DVD - pile of... 06-03-2010
    12:19 Expired 1 Being Naughty Galvasean
    Private 16-12-2009
    23:05 Expired 0 Being Naughty Galvasean
    Private 20-04-2009
    09:14 Expired 0 Breach of Forum Charter Haddockman

basquille wrote: »
    Removed details of 'Gossip Girl' spoiler.. there no reason to quote details of it - "Gossip Girl" would have been sufficient! ;)

We can't monitor every single thread.. especially at the rate you're creating them! ;) Either people didn't notify us or we didn't see it (I don't know of many TV mods who are fans of 'Gossip Girl'! :)).

As for the infraction, this isn't the first time you've done this and this isn't the first time I (and probably others) have warned you about it.

Know what, i'm gonna be bombarding you guys now with alerts, because LOADS have people have posted spoilers about upcoming episodes, no matter if it's next week or end of season.

So if i seen anything that comes under the remit you mods gave me as an infraction then i'm gonna point out others infractions of the same nature.

One rule for me, another for everyone else.

Richard..

I meant this isn't the first time you've spoiled future plot points.. I never referred to how many infractions you've recieved.

Now, no further discussion here please.

This is a thread for discussing 'Smallville' - please contact one of the TV mods (myself included) and we can clarify further. And if you feel hard done by, raise a dispute here and we'll discuss it.

Thank you!

Richard, it was only a warning infraction.

FYI, I didn't pick on your post at random. Your post was reported (rather crankily) by a forum regular.

Mr E wrote: »

FYI, I didn't pick on your post at random. Your post was reported (rather crankily) by a forum regular.

To damn right i will, again i've never felt as strongly about a warning as i have this....loads of others have done no different then i have, but i get pulled. I'm not gonna drop this, and be prepared for daily alerts.

Mr E wrote: »

And i'll be watching that forum member like a hawk from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

The thread is about season 10 US pace,it says US in the title,hence you discuss at US pace as they air in the US. It is not a spoiler thread. When a show has its own forum it can be different,you can make dedicated spoiler threads,but on the main forum with single threads you can't go posting un-spoilered future plots or hints. That is really annoying. I wasn't the one who reported you by the way but I agree with them and the mods.

I would imagine in this type of thread it would be ok to post something like you did with a full on proper warning.

i.e. So it looks like (spoiler alert for future episodes) that
    info in spoiler tags
    what do you reckon?

In the above example there are spoiler tags and you have clearly said it relates to future plots. Therefore other people have the choice if they want to know about it or not.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Maybe the thread can be renamed to "Smallville - Season 10 [US Pace] - Spoilers". That way it's pretty explicit what should be spoilered. I would have thought it's implicit anyway, and it appears it is to most, but for the sake of my sanity and to stop me being spoilered we need to make it clear to that minority.

Oh and the examples used above - about someone guest starring in "Glee" - are not comparable. There's a world of a difference in knowing a singer will be in one episode as opposed to a core and important plot element for a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Putting the infraction for aside, i loved the seaon premiere, I'll admit that continuity was a bit out of play, but still a great opener! Loved the Jonathon Kent scene.

I like the fact that Jor-El has sealed the suit up until clark is worthy to wear it! He needs to put his vanity aside.....

Thought the Oliver/Chloe thing left alot to be explained but im sure we'll see more in the coming episodes!

Cant wait for Friday for episode 2 :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

The Season premiere wasn't bad. Some gorgeous SFX at times too.

Advertisement