Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smallville - Season 10 [US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Have to disagree with Richard, i thought this was a great episode. Kara was great, seeing clark take the next step to flight too.

However.....
    Yes the CGI was terrible but it usually is in fairness, low budget and all that.

And I'm not impressed with what theyre doing with Darkseid!! Why is it always a human host for the evil spirit?? Darkseid is supposed to be the big bad ass that takes supes on in one on one combat!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

And I'm not impressed with what theyre doing with Darkseid!! Why is it always a human host for the evil spirit?? Darkseid is supposed to be the big bad ass that takes supes on in one on one combat!!!
    I think they'll make the excuse that he can't directly travel from Apokolips to Earth and has to possess people first to achieve this.

KerranJast wrote: »
    I think they'll make the excuse that he can't directly travel from Apokolips to Earth and has to possess people first to achieve this.

All I can say is I hope Not!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

The CGI can be rough at times - capes, and flags definitely not being their forte. However some of the other CGI is beautiful, such as the heat vision and super slow-mo super speed.

The CGI can be rough at times - capes, and flags definitely not being their forte. However some of the other CGI is beautiful, such as the heat vision and super slow-mo super speed.

Agree 100%. They seem to keep the money for the recurring cgi and just throw together the one off shots, but being that this was the episode where supergirl reveals herself to the world they could have splashed out this once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

KerranJast wrote: »

They did the same thing with Doomsday only showing glimpes. They dont have the budget to make a standard version but I still expect him to turn up come the end of the season. Hopefully they dont bring Rosenbaum back to be possessed by another major villian!!!

TonyD79 wrote: »
    They did the same thing with Doomsday only showing glimpes. They dont have the budget to make a standard version but I still expect him to turn up come the end of the season. Hopefully they dont bring Rosenbaum back to be possessed by another major villian!!!

Hopefully they DO bring Rosenbaum back, but I agree not to be posessed. They nedd lex to return at least in the last episode. The producers have tried to get him back loads of times but the excuse he keeps giving is that he doesnt wanna shave his head again! LAME!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

That's a nice way of saying he doesn't want to be associated with such a ****e show anymore.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

All I can say is I hope Not!!!!
    As Tony said they don't have the budget do a full scale invasion of Earth plot this early in the season. Maybe towards the end we'll get more (a bit like the vision of the Kandorian ruled hell future Lois went to last season).
    If you're going to have Darkseid do it well or tease it. In between is pointless.

Just saw the clip for Episode 200 - Homecoming, looks pretty good. The story with Braniac5 from the Legion looks like it could shape up to be a pretty awesome episode :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,472 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Episode 4 was a fun episode (especially the future piece, and Oliver's speech at the end).

Peterson and Souders are 4 out of 4 this season. About damn time. :)

The best episode I've seen in a long long time, A*

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

Super tornado save...awesome. Meeting himself...awesome. Telling Lois he loves her and floating....awesome.

Red leather outfit with gel hair...gayyyy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Another strong episode (by Smallville standards). Although, I rolled my eyes at the start when I thought they were goin back to a freak-of-the-week type episode with the crazy teacher. Boring! But thankfully, they ditched that fairly sharp-ish.

The flashbacks were a nice touch. And that tornado save thing was great.

Agreed though, he needs to ditch that red leather jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

That was absolutely awesome.Like others have said the tornado save, olivers speech, brainiac5, floating, future clark and even the replica of the dance from years ago(same lifehouse song).Great episode :)

GREAT GREAT GREAT Episode!! I was well impressed!! As mentioned already the tornado save, future clarks speech was great, braniac 5 was cool too, and the flashbacks were a nice touch!

And it was great to see him get his feet off the ground :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Dunno after all the hype it wasnt a patch on the 100th episode and the show is still missing Lex Luthor badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Wow.surprised about the amount of positive comments because that episode was terrible. absolute load of $hite. especially for a 200th episode. I know I have been a critic of this show in the last few seasons but I actually thought the first 3 eps of this season were quite decent,better opening to a season of smallville in about 5 or 6 years but this episode was shocking. terrible writing,terrible acting,corny as hell! feck sake! bad bad bad!

I liked it. It was "classic" Smallville. Even "The Gay" was back (re: Clark and Oliver scenes). My favourite bit was future Clark in Clark Kent nerd disguise.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

Thought it was a cracker of an episode:D This season is shaping up quite nicely!

• Advertisement

Don't get too hopeful. You know we're overdue a stinker at this point.

Stark wrote: »
    I liked it. It was "classic" Smallville. Even "The Gay" was back (re: Clark and Oliver scenes). My favourite bit was future Clark in Clark Kent nerd disguise.

Totally agree with Stark here, The future Clark was awesome! He looked like a complete nerd but you could tell by his attitude and strong speech pattern that Tom Welling would be well up to the job of playing the actual "Superman" role!!!

Hopefully there wont be a "stinker" episode but there always is lol

I'm not sure if I liked super up-tight future Clark, but Tom Welling played current Clark's reaction to it very well. I also had to laugh at the expression on his face when the camera first showed him sitting on the throne at he school reunion.

A fantastic episode, I think I will re-watch it this evening.

PS: Episode 100, was that the one where Jonathan Kent died? I actually thought the episode after it was better (Vengeance). The bit at the end of it where he's watching the video of his da was perfectly done.

I'm not sure if I liked super up-tight future Clark, but Tom Welling played current Clark's reaction to it very well. I also had to laugh at the expression on his face when the camera first showed him sitting on the throne at he school reunion.

A fantastic episode, I think I will re-watch it this evening.

PS: Episode 100, was that the one where Jonathan Kent died? I actually thought the episode after it was better (Vengeance). The bit at the end of it where he's watching the video of his da was perfectly done.[/Q

Well my thoughts on Future Clarks up tight-ness was because he knew how Present Clark was feeling about himself and needed to come across very Confident and certain of who he was and what his purpose is. Present Clark needed to hear that so he could let go of his personal doubt

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I watched it, twas pretty good....maybe i missed it....but what tornado save?, whizzing round the explosion?

I've no clue about refrencing prevoius eps. in this ep., someone help us out?

I watched it, twas pretty good....maybe i missed it....but what tornado save?, whizzing round the explosion?

I've no clue about refrencing prevoius eps. in this ep., someone help us out?

Yeah when he flew around the explosion to create a tornado/vortex kind of thingy to contain the blast, looked awesome.

When the teacher at the start dropped the books and he leaned down to help her and he had the flash back of lana, then when he walked into the Torch room and he had the flash back of chloe.... Make sense now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

No, i only started watching from S9.

No, i only started watching from S9.

Man you've missed so much!! Get Downloading!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭Sarn

Good episode. Finally, after 10 years Clark has lost his self doubt (apart from when he was exposed to red kryptonite). Ten years of angst gets a little tiring.

The introduction of other DC characters into the show has really livened it up, apart from Zod. I wonder if they'll squeeze Wonder Woman in?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

It was cool seeing future Clark, but apart from that I thought the episode was awful. It was like watching an episode of The OC.

Advertisement